Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bigneville

Player Ratings Vs Luton

The point is its my team, i know it will get better. And its only 1 game, if this game happened in the middle of october. We wouldn't be as pissed of as it being the first game. I know someone else has mentioned this but look what reading did. Also it took Preston 10 games last year to win one and they made the play offs.

Im not saying we will get their but whats the point in hiding away we might as well be proud of who we support.

Kenton, Henderson and Fryatt were the only one's who deserved anything over a 5 rating.

After Kenton's horror show against Sociedad, it was good to see him put in a better display and he looks very capable of going forward. I'd swing him out right and drop Stearman for a while.

Henderson 6 - I have more confidence in hi rather than RAB Couple of first rate saves.

Stearman 3 - Complete nightmare, cost us both goals, should be dropped.

Johansson 7 - A better preformance and well had to deal with bennett

Kenton 7 -MotM- Put a lot of good tackles in and displayed composure

McCarthy 6 - Well I mentioned that he wasnt my favourite player last year , prone to silly mistakes which could rove costly over a season, good attcking from corners, Nedds to be captain marvel, (watch a Steve walsh performance)

Tiatto 4 - Poor, some half decent takles thats it ...ohhh and the customery yellow card per game, very foolish

Maybury 5 - Im unsure if he fits on the right wing, better left back

Johnson 8 - Showed some good touches, will get better through the year I hope.

Williams 7 - Looks a bit better than last year, played very well in the first half. Good free kick I hope he lives to his potential this year

Fryatt 7 - Couldnt deal with hurly burly big defenders, played in the channels well.

Hume 5 - Not his best game.

Subs all 6 - didnt really change the pattern of the game

Henderson 6 - I have more confidence in hi rather than RAB Couple of first rate saves.

Stearman 3 - Complete nightmare, cost us both goals, should be dropped.

Johansson 7 - A better preformance and well had to deal with bennett

Kenton 7 -MotM- Put a lot of good tackles in and displayed composure

McCarthy 6 - Well I mentioned that he wasnt my favourite player last year , prone to silly mistakes which could rove costly over a season, good attcking from corners, Nedds to be captain marvel, (watch a Steve walsh performance)

Tiatto 4 - Poor, some half decent takles thats it ...ohhh and the customery yellow card per game, very foolish

Maybury 5 - Im unsure if he fits on the right wing, better left back

Johnson 8 - Showed some good touches, will get better through the year I hope.

Williams 7 - Looks a bit better than last year, played very well in the first half. Good free kick I hope he lives to his potential this year

Fryatt 7 - Couldnt deal with hurly burly big defenders, played in the channels well.

Hume 5 - Not his best game.

Subs all 6 - didnt really change the pattern of the game

Johansson as a 7? joke

Fryatt as 7? joke

Johnson as an 8? :blink: nobody deserved an 8

Williams as a 7? joke

to say those players did better or as well as Kenton is a bit of an insult to the lad.

(Based on TV viewing, aided by beer)

Henderson - 6

Kicking has improved from last season, he's actually getting it past the half way line now. :o He was generally solid and wasn't to blame for either goal.

Stearman - 4

He allowed their winger Emmanuel to give him a torrid time. Looked a little hesitant on the ball and his distribution was poor.

McCarthy - 6

Made a few good challenges. Looked a little suspect with the ball over the top with us employing a high line, although he generally looked solid alongside Kenton.

Kenton - 7

One of the few positives from the game. Kept tight to his man and made some good interceptions.

Johansson - 5

At fault for the first goal with his slack defending. Edwards also exposed his lack of pace and sent in too many crosses. Didn't contribute much going forward, but was difficult without playing anyone on the left for most of the game.

Maybury - 5

Non effective.

Johnson - 7

I think he looked solid and composed in the middle of the field. Williams didn't help him out much though.

Williams - 5

Lots of fancy touches, but no penetration or support for the attack.

Tiatto - 4

The left side is alien to him. Liability.

Hume - 5

Anonymous.

Fryatt - 6

Looked sharp and caused the Luton defence problems with his movement and close control. However, he lacked support.

Subs:

Hammond - 5

O'Grady - 6

Hughes - 5

Archived