Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bigneville

Player Ratings Vs Luton

Henderson - 7 - Dealt with everything he could. Not much chance with either of the goals. Hopefully will go on to prove that the number 1 shirt should be his. No complaints

Stearman - 4 - Worse performance in a City shirt i've seen for a while. Not on the same pitch as anyone else. Plenty of lose touches and falling on the floor. Has the boy no physical presence. Centre-back my arse.

Johansson - 5 - Beaten all ends up by his winger. Lost his man for the corner goal. But he worked hard. It's not his fault he lacks pace. Will struggle against pace all season. But at least there was effort from the big man.

Kenton - 6 - Looked comfortable on the ball. Bit to eager to come through the defender to get the ball. If he plays like that every game, expect the bookings to build up. Wanted to go forward at all times. Solid start, but plenty to build on.

McCarthy - 6 - Not awake for most of the game. Made a couple of vital tackles. Maybe the captaincy got to him to much. Again to eager to get the ball from the attacker when they have there back to goal. Improvement expected.

Tiatto - 4 - A good couple of touches early on, then faded rapidly. The free kick summed him up. Followed by the booking. No talent, no vision, hopefully no place anymore.

Maybury - 5 - Didn't want to go forward at all, when he did tried to beat players like a winger. Should remember what he is. Didn't look bothered about the result. Send him back to full-back. This bhoy ain't a midfielder

Williams - 7 - Some good touches. Signs of class where there, but still a typical no effort display. Gets away with no effort due to Johnson. Signs of a good partnership. Great free kick.

Johnson - 7 - Worked hard. Was everywhere on the pitch. Lead by example. Shame he just lacks a little bit of creativity. No problem with this man being a regular in the side.

Fryatt - 6 - Someone needs to bring back down to earth. Dribbled up his own arse a little. Didnt have any chances, but worked hard with a lack of support and quality ball. Improvement expected.

Hume - 5 - Did he touch the ball today? Was missing. Didn't get any service but didn't make any quality space or runs for himself. Poor Hume performance.

Subs

O'Grady - 7 - Worked hard. Kept hold of the ball. Pushing for a starting place. Give the boy a chance. Only player who really wanted to win the game at the end. Right attitude

Hammond - 6 - Tried to get into the game without success. Needed service which he didn't get.

Hughes - 5 - Only one chance to make a contribution and failed miserabally. Didn't seem bothered if he came on or not.

Henderson 6 - Couple of first rate saves.

Stearman 4 - Complete nightmare.

Johansson 5 - Get stuck in more!

Kenton 7 -MotM- Put a lot of good tackles in, passes the ball rather than hoofs it.

McCarthy 5 - The worst I've ever seen him play.

Tiatto 6 - Better than he usually is.

Maybury 5 - The only times i saw him was when he lost the ball

Johnson 5 - Non-existent for the most part.

Williams 7 - Put in a few tackles, played very well in the first half. Good free kick :thumbup:

Fryatt 5 - His marker was bigger, stronger and faster.

Hume 5 - Same as above, neither got service from the wings

Hendersons Kicking was really poor today i thought, couldnt believe he was taking the free kicks from out side the box his direction is appauling, let a defender take the free kicks tbh

I didn't notice this, meaning I though it was alright. Plus it doesn't help when the defenders in front of you have no option than to constantly pass it back to you under pressure.

Henderson 6 - solid enough, no chance with either goal.

Stearman 5 - not one of his better days.

McCarthy 5 - fell away badly in the second half.

Kenton 7 - let down badly by those around him.

Johansson 5 - bad lapse for their 1st goal.

Maybury 5 - too busy covering for Stearman to create anything.

Johnson 5 - decent 1st half, disappeared in the 2nd.

Williams 5 - impressive touches in 1st half but faded badly.

Tiatto 5 - did little to dispel the critics.

Hume 4 - hardly had a touch.

Fryatt 6 - tried hard but had very little service.

Hammond 6 - looked lively, maybe should have came on earlier.

O'Grady 6 - gave attack physical presence.

Hughes 6 - some useful touches but operated too deep.

Henderson 6 - solid enough, no chance with either goal.

Stearman 5 - not one of his better days.

McCarthy 5 - fell away badly in the second half.

Kenton 7 - let down badly by those around him.

Johansson 5 - bad lapse for their 1st goal.

Maybury 5 - too busy covering for Stearman to create anything.

Johnson 5 - decent 1st half, disappeared in the 2nd.

Williams 5 - impressive touches in 1st half but faded badly.

Tiatto 5 - did little to dispel the critics.

Hume 4 - hardly had a touch.

Fryatt 6 - tried hard but had very little service.

Hammond 6 - looked lively, maybe should have came on earlier.

O'Grady 6 - gave attack physical presence.

Hughes 6 - some useful touches but operated too deep.

5's are too generous. Knock a couple of points off each player and you are closer to the mark. :blink::cry::(

Henderson 6 - Made some good saves but you gotta knock marks off for constantly kicking the ball to Tiatto!

Stearman 5 - uncharacteristic for him

McCarthy 6 - didnt do to badly and defended set pieces reasonably well

Kenton 8 - our best player. Really impressed with his attitude as well - never gave up

Johansson 4 - Never looked comfortable at set pieces and constantly lost his marker

Maybury 5 - very average and kept going missing from the wing

Johnson 5 - dunno what to make of him really. Seemed ok but disappeared a bit

Williams 1st half 8 - did really well and looked like our only dangerous player

2nd half 4 - where did he go?

Tiatto 5 - Same as Maybury

Hume 4 - No service

Fryatt 6 - No service but still battled away and tried to create chances on his own

Hammond 6 - looked lively but still dont think he's good enough upfront

O'Grady 7 - looks a great prospect and possibly should have had a penalty?

Hughes 5 - hardly noticed him

Henderson 6

Stearman 4

Kenton 6

Paddy 6

Nils 5

Maybury 6

Johnson 6

Williams 7

Tiatto 3

Fryatt 6

Hume 6

Elvis 6

O Grady 6

Huges 6

Unimpressed we need a left winger

Hi I'm a Luton fan, and I'm not here to gloat lol. I'm gunna wish you guys good luck to this season, even after the arrogance some of your fans were guilty of when we first met last season. Also I'd point out that your players were not as bad as some of you have described, below are my impartial views on your players perfromances.

Henderson 6 (No chance with the goals, but was ineffective overall)

Maybury 5 (Very poor, seemed somewhat used to being favoured by the ref)

Kenton 7 (Very pacey centre-half, however looked uncomfortable with his fellow back 5?)

McCarthy 6 (Slightly panicky when under-pressure, but has talent in there somewhere)

Hume 5 (Terrible lack of service and a poor attitude from the talented Canadian)

Willians 8 (Best Leicester player today, good vision, poor work-rate, but some players are about more than running around chasing the ball)

Johnson 5 (Averahe performace from an experienced mid-field battler, could of done better.)

Tiatto 4 (Poor performance, expected a lot from him but he delivered little, save for a temper matched only by our own 3. Sol Davis lol)

Fryatt 5 (Again lacked service. Talent is obvious, but needs more crossed and through-balls rather than balls over the top.)

Johansson 4 (Not a full-back at all, no pace, but very committed to the cause to be fair.)

Stearman 4 (Again un-impressive at full-back, needs to work on his composure and also confidence.)

Hughes 7 (Not fast, but very tricky, good on-the-ball skills and a fair pass, impressed me today more than last season at the Kenny.)

O'Grady N/A (Can't remember him lol.)

Hammond 4 (The King he ain't. Got good positions, but couldn't finish his dinner.)

So chins up Leicester, and good luck for the rest of the season.

Hi I'm a Luton fan, and I'm not here to gloat lol. I'm gunna wish you guys good luck to this season, even after the arrogance some of your fans were guilty of when we first met last season. Also I'd point out that your players were not as bad as some of you have described, below are my impartial views on your players perfromances.

Kenton 7 (Very pacey centre-half, however looked uncomfortable with his fellow back 5?)

McCarthy 6 (Slightly panicky when under-pressure, but has talent in there somewhere)

Hume 5 (Terrible lack of service and a poor attitude from the talented Canadian)

Willians 8 (Best Leicester player today, good vision, poor work-rate, but some players are about more than running around chasing the ball)

Johnson 5 (Averahe performace from an experienced mid-field battler, could of done better.)

Tiatto 4 (Poor performance, expected a lot from him but he delivered little, save for a temper matched only by our own 3. Sol Davis lol)

Fryatt 5 (Again lacked service. Talent is obvious, but needs more crossed and through-balls rather than balls over the top.)

Johansson 4 (Not a full-back at all, no pace, but very committed to the cause to be fair.)

Stearman 4 (Again un-impressive at full-back, needs to work on his composure and also confidence.)

Hughes 7 (Not fast, but very tricky, good on-the-ball skills and a fair pass, impressed me today more than last season at the Kenny.)

Hammond 4 (The King he ain't. Got good positions, but couldn't finish his dinner.)

:thumbup::D sums it up really, luton fans thought we were playing a back 5, thats how defensive we are! sick of it. welcome by the way.

Very fair ratings in my opinion. Chris O Grady is the one who scored the winner against you last season :thumbup:

Hendersons Kicking was really poor today i thought, couldnt believe he was taking the free kicks from out side the box his direction is appauling, let a defender take the free kicks tbh

Totally agree. Although he made a couple of good saves his distribution was woeful. No way should he be taking free kicks and on yesterdays performance Goal kicking duties should be removed from him too!

Henderson-6

Stearman-3

McCarthy-5

Kenton-4

Johansson-3

Maybury-4

Williams-7 (1st Half) didn't show up for 2nd half -4

Johnson-6

Tiatto-4

Hume-4

Fryatt-6

why are we still playing the long ball top hume and fryatt! and then still not winning the second ball!

4 and 5's for Kenton are a bit of a let down guys.

Kenton was deffo our MOTM. He looked really good, pacey, went foeard at every oppurtunity and was really let down by others around him.

Henderson 6

Stearman 3 (Very bad game, poor dsitribution, positioning etc)

McCarthy 6

Kenton 8

Johansson 4

Maybury 4

Williams 6.5

Johnson 6.5

Tiatto 3

Fryatt 5.5

Hume 5

Henderson- 5 (One good save looks dodgy)

Stearman (-50) (absolutely shocking)

McCarthy 5 (The only player who looked ok)

Kenton -2 (All over the place, awful)

Johansson - 2 (Headless Chicken, thick as shit)

Maybury -25 (Is the bloke really a professional football player, my Granny could do better)

Williams 4 (1st Half) didn't show up for 2nd half

Johnson 1 (Oh dear, this guy looks **** rubbish)

Tiatto- (-1,000) DONKEY

Hume - 3 (Did nothing)

Fryatt - 3 (Poor control, touch of a rapist)

It's going to be a long old season

Im beginging to think your a forest/derby/cov supporter. All you do is slag us off. Ok we were poor.

Andy Johnson looks a good buy and you called him shite. Whats the point in you watching City.

Im beginging to think your a forest/derby/cov supporter. All you do is slag us off. Ok we were poor.

Andy Johnson looks a good buy and you called him shite. Whats the point in you watching City.

Well you can hardly complement the team can you? At the moment what's the point of watching city? None !!!

Archived