Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BartonFox

I can't believe you are actually suprised

Kelly said it did. But he could have given experience to some of the young squad members as was suggested - and been forgiven if things went a little haywire.

Now that experience has to be all be gained in the serious cut and thrust. But it has to happen sooner or later so better now than sometime later when our position might be worse.

Yes, playing a few kids in a bunch of meaningless games, which are not competitive is great experience for them after playing reserve team football which is only slightly more competitive.....

Yes, playing a few kids in a bunch of meaningless games, which are not competitive is great experience for them after playing reserve team football which is only slightly more competitive.....

But it's probably better than nothing Leesoh and it surely wouldn't have hurt to give it a try.

If the games were so meaningless why did Kelly insist on not making some experiments even having them on the bench or bringing them on for the last 20 minutes would have been more benificial than playing so called first teamers who demonstrated quite clearly they didn't give a flying.......

But it's probably better than nothing Leesoh and it surely wouldn't have hurt to give it a try.

If the games were so meaningless why did Kelly insist on not making some experiments even having them on the bench or bringing them on for the last 20 minutes would have been more benificial than playing so called first teamers who demonstrated quite clearly they didn't give a flying.......

Because at the end of the day these kids know that as soon as the new season starts, they won't figure. There's no incentive for them. There is far too much pressure to win these days, and managers won't take the risk on using inexperienced players if they don't have to. It's a Catch 22, and it's the difference between a £3m income and £30m from tv revenue only.

Because at the end of the day these kids know that as soon as the new season starts, they won't figure. There's no incentive for them. There is far too much pressure to win these days, and managers won't take the risk on using inexperienced players if they don't have to. It's a Catch 22, and it's the difference between a £3m income and £30m from tv revenue only.

Why have them around then, why kid them along that they are an EQUAL part of a team picked on meritocracy (Kelly's words not mine) and maybe just maybe Kelly might have found that one or two do better than even he ever thought was possible, nobody knows not even Kelly how they will perform in a real situation in front of a real crowd and that was as near as you could get to try them out.

Now we've lost the first game and are already on the back foot the circumstances will not be right to blood them no matter how bad the current 'first choice' is. It frankly defies all reasonable logic.

We've lost one game. We are not on the back foot.

Errmmm yes we are, we were very very poor and a lot of people have lost faith already, one game or not.

We are very much on the back foot.

Oh yes we are!

It's ridiculous to say we can't play any youngsters because we're on the back foot because we lost one game. Fair enough when we were 22nd halfway through the season and the pressure was on but the pressure should not be on after one game.

You can't have it all ways. The pressure is only on after one game if the fans decide it is. Then you can't complain about it being the wrong atmosphere to introduce kids into the team.

It's ridiculous to say we can't play any youngsters because we're on the back foot because we lost one game. Fair enough when we were 22nd halfway through the season and the pressure was on but the pressure should not be on after one game.

You can't have it all ways. The pressure is only on after one game if the fans decide it is. Then you can't complain about it being the wrong atmosphere to introduce kids into the team.

Have you read the message boards or listened to those coming out of Kenilworth Road?

The pressure is very much on.

Errmmm yes we are, we were very very poor and a lot of people have lost faith already, one game or not.

We are very much on the back foot.

That's the nature of being fickle for you. I'm not actually saying you're wrong but not everyone is as down on the club as you are. The same people would overreact to a couple of victories in the next few games and it would swing the other way. God knows how any team ever survives relegation after losing their first game if the attitude is like this.

That's the second time you've tried to make that claim and for the second time I'll tell you your are wrong.

I live in South Leicester :thumbup:

I live in South Leicester and I never see you. You must be from Long Eaton.

That's the nature of being fickle for you. I'm not actually saying you're wrong but not everyone is as down on the club as you are. The same people would overreact to a couple of victories in the next few games and it would swing the other way. God knows how any team ever survives relegation after losing their first game if the attitude is like this.

They usually don't.

Remember the Bolton 5-0 season?

They usually don't.

Remember the Bolton 5-0 season?

Yeah I do. But we didn't finish 8th last season, we weren't at home today, we weren't playing a newly-promoted team, which I think Bolton were although I might be wrong about that. That game was a complete and utter shambles which you may liken this game to. Personally I don't think we were as bad today as that day against Bolton. And our next game that season was not Burnley at home, it was Arsenal away.

The pressure is on because Kelly/the club really cannot afford to lose to Burnley it will be seen as a must not lose game that puts us on the back foot. If we'd have picked up a point or 3 at Luton then ithe perspective would have been totally different (stating the obvious). If we lose to Burnley gates will come crashing down to 15k if they aren't already there, we already know that we need gates of circa 20K just to break even. It's not just about where we finish it's how we do along the way we need to be mid table or above for long periods of time, skirting with relegation all season and have a last minute saving run does nothing to improve the income.

It would have been a start, and probably better than the even more meaningless friendlies we've played which have left us so far off the pace today.

But you tell me. How the hell do fringe kids get experience if no-one plays them or uses them as substitutes ESPECIALLY when there is nothing on the games as at the end of last season.

I seem to remember that you were one of those insisting "we're not safe yet" to justify not playing the fringe kids at the end of last season.

Well we were safe for the last three or four matches and nothing happened. Now we're paying for such a shortsighted attitude even if, as you suggest, it wouldn't have been a perfect situation.

Yeah I do. But we didn't finish 8th last season, we weren't at home today, we weren't playing a newly-promoted team, which I think Bolton were although I might be wrong about that. That game was a complete and utter shambles which you may liken this game to. Personally I don't think we were as bad today as that day against Bolton. And our next game that season was not Burnley at home, it was Arsenal away.

Well we find it just as difficult to beat Burnley at home!

The pressure is on because Kelly/the club really cannot afford to lose to Burnley it will be seen as a must not lose game that puts us on the back foot.

I thought we were already on the back foot?

Edit: I think I misinterpreted that, I get what you mean. Obviously if we lose a lot of games at the start of the season then we are on the back foot. It's the fact that people are saying this after ONE game that gets to me.

:blink:

The point is we were as unfit and shambolic that day as we were today and by the time we are fit enough we'll be rooted to the bottom half of the bottom half of the table and in a finacial nightmare of disasterous proportions.

When less than 20,000 turn up on Tuesday you will smell the odour of crap wafting out the boardroom after Davies, Taylor and Bucci have just shat themselves realising that we are screwed on and off the park.

:blink:

The point is we were as unfit and shambolic that day as we were today and by the time we are fit enough we'll be rooted to the bottom half of the bottom half of the table and in a finacial nightmare of disasterous proportions.

When less than 20,000 turn up on Tuesday you will smell the odour of crap wafting out the boardroom after Davies, Taylor and Bucci have just shat themselves realising that we are screwed on and off the park.

Bet you thought we'd be relegated when we were 22nd last season though, didn't you?

We've still got a football club and although we lost today and we were pathetic, this apocalyptic picture of impending doom that everyone is painting is a tad over the top for my liking.

Bet you thought we'd be relegated when we were 22nd last season though, didn't you?

We've still got a football club and although we lost today and we were pathetic, this apocalyptic picture of impending doom that everyone is painting is a tad over the top for my liking.

Dead right. :thumbup:

Maybe the anti-Kelly brigade would like to explain:

1) How getting rid of him will improve our club (I asked this question the other night and received no reply)

2) What other candidates, if any, are available who could do a better job for us in the present circumstances.

Dead right. :thumbup:

Maybe the anti-Kelly brigade would like to explain:

1) How getting rid of him will improve our club (I asked this question the other night and received no reply)

2) What other candidates, if any, are available who could do a better job for us in the present circumstances.

1) Have a Manager with vision and the ability to learn from their mistakes.

2) Candidates always emerge.

I'm not sure anyone has said sack Kelly but there's a warning to be had with our situation.

Teams fall into relegation zones for various reasons but always for some reason. Sometimes, they avoid going down but one thing is for sure. If they don't correct what sent them tumbling in the first place they will quickly find themelves in the same predicament again - when they quite probably won't be so lucky.

Archived