Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BartonFox

I can't believe you are actually suprised

We've still got a football club and although we lost today and we were pathetic, this apocalyptic picture of impending doom that everyone is painting is a tad over the top for my liking.

This much is true, but the real problem is that in order to get this season back on track we need significant improvement that’s only likely to come about if RK shifts the balance of the team in a big way… and he wont do that and if we’re not careful we’re going to go crashing down against Burnley…

…what’s more if we lose to Burnley we’re going to be lucky to have six points by the end of September at this rate (!) and if we’re in that hole, I’ve got no idea how we claw out of it, this months was meant to give us a good haul of results that could have insulated us against the tougher matches we’ll face next month, but on present form things are looking pretty dire.

I'm not sure anyone has said sack Kelly but there's a warning to be had with our situation.

Teams fall into relegation zones for various reasons but always for some reason. Sometimes, they avoid going down but one thing is for sure. If they don't correct what sent them tumbling in the first place they will quickly find themelves in the same predicament again - when they quite probably won't be so lucky.

I'm not anti RK, he got us out of trouble last season and deserves his chance..........but that doesn't mean I can't moan. Time will tell if he successful or not but you have to remember he was a part of the Levien regime, he has been a part of his fotunes and the clubs for the last 2.5 seasons!!!

Nobodies expecting miracles, well i'm not, but that performance was pathetic I cannot see how anyone can defend it.

Yes, i am surprised, it's the first game of the season, the team should be raring to go, full of confidence from a good preseason, but there was no fight in the team at all....yes individual players did make mistakes, but what i'm not sure was the ddefeat today duo to players themselves or tactics, probably it of both, but for entertainment value, that was very poor, another vindication for me not buying a season ticket!!

1) Have a Manager with vision and the ability to learn from their mistakes.

What makes you think RK doesn't have these qualities?

2) Candidates always emerge.

I'll take that as a no then..

What makes you think RK doesn't have these qualities?

I'll take that as a no then..

How is RK showing the first of those qualities and because you or I cannot think of someone now does not mean there are no candidates. ;):thumbup:

For the record I am not asking for RK to be replaced.

i for one am not at all surprised.

The team is simply the orst since the days of Pleat.

I am not advocating the dismissal of kelly but the following questions need to be answered.

1 our deficiencies last season were mainly in creating chances. bearing in mind 2 of our leading scorers (joey and mdv) have either left or basically been shut out then why was this situation not addressed in the close season? the signing of two new defenders of dubious qualtiy in comparison to what we already have an unreliable midfielder with ? dubious recent performances and a completely umproven wide player from northampton town simply do not come close to sorting out these problems.

2 the pre season has involved matches against sides who are not of the quality we will meet (real s excepted). also our players did not look as fit as Lutons. surely kelly is responsible for our pre season.

3 the same defensive frailties were there today as last season despite playing a defensive formation and signing 2 new defenders.

4 i believe kelly is responsible for the resigning of tiatto a player who has shown himself to be useless as a winger and who was yet again booked today. why was kelly keeen to keep him. surely there are equally as good players with more hunge available?

4 i believe kelly is responsible for the resigning of tiatto a player who has shown himself to be useless as a winger and who was yet again booked today. why was kelly keeen to keep him. surely there are equally as good players with more hunge available?

Why not sign that guy who gave Stearman such a torrid time?

I'm not surprised. It went pretty much how everyone was predicting- no width, no pace, no goals, six defenders on the pitch. EVERYONE can see it! Surely Kelly must be able to?

I'll give Kelly some time, but he doesn't have an infinite amount of it. To put it simply, as a club, we CANNOT afford to have a season like the last two. Kelly must learn from his mistakes- and fast.

Archived