Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BartonFox

I can't believe you are actually suprised

There was nothing to play for in April maybe the players should still have performed but when we had prevented relegation it didn't really matter.

you lot are fickle - just a few months ago Rob was our hero after ONE loss your saying all this...

Ah but Fleckney not everyone got taken in by what unfolded, yes we stayed up but the football was shite and nothing has changed.

In fact we have got worse.

There was nothing to play for in April maybe the players should still have performed but when we had prevented relegation it didn't really matter.

Kelly said it did. But he could have given experience to some of the young squad members as was suggested - and been forgiven if things went a little haywire.

Now that experience has to be all be gained in the serious cut and thrust. But it has to happen sooner or later so better now than sometime later when our position might be worse.

RK did well to get us out of relegation, but the board are obviously being very astute in giving him this one season to prove himself. Afterall, many a time a club sacks a manager and the team miraculously plays better....

It will be cheaper to sack him IF he turns out to be over-rated. If he does well this season, he will be rewarded with a longer deal, I reckon.

(Ye Gods! Did I just praise a Board decision???)

RK did well to get us out of relegation, but the board are obviously being very astute in giving him this one season to prove himself. Afterall, many a time a club sacks a manager and the team miraculously plays better....

It will be cheaper to sack him IF he turns out to be over-rated. If he does well this season, he will be rewarded with a longer deal, I reckon.

(Ye Gods! Did I just praise a Board decision???)

But he doesn't really need a longer contract.

His rolling contract is always a year long - it's exactly a year long today, and tomorrow it'll be exactly a year long still. The only time that changes is when he is sacked or he walks. The way to extend a rolling contract is to make it an 18 month or 24 month rolling contract. The only benefit that has is for the manager - he gets 18 months or 24 months of pay if he's sacked, rather than the 12 he would get at present.

I too was not suprised by the result, in fact I missed the first 5 minutes talking to a minor aquaintance/getting a sausage roll from Greggs, THAT'S how much I knew I was missing. I sat down and HEY, it's a goal...TRIFFIC.

Well I'm hoping that performance has quelled any misplaced optimism our fans may have.

Lets all get our knife-sharpening implements out and, not use them, but think about it, you know what I mean? Particularly for the players, not just Kelly for bumming Twatto (sooner we shit-bin him the better)

Archived