Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
holly

right i've been thinking

Yep, kick him out. What a failure. Dreadful player. Don't know why we bother with academy players who have one bad game when we have all these millions to spend.

well said mate!! its so annoying when people turn on a player just because he has one bad game!! stearmen was brillaint last season especially in gmes such as spurs in the FA cup and many others without him last year we would have let in many more goals than we did!!!.

i think we should stick to a nice simple 4-4-2 and allow the midfielders a sort of free role, allowing them to push forward and drop back. atm they are blatently being told to keep back and its just gives us nothing up front!! and stearmen and maybury should keep switching positions as they did in the sociedad game to confuse the oppostion defense!! were to negative and to defensive just like last year we need to be more confident, more postive and push up further!! and then that allows fryatt and hume some chances to actually score!!

well said mate!! its so annoying when people turn on a player just because he has one bad game!! stearmen was brillaint last season especially in gmes such as spurs in the FA cup and many others without him last year we would have let in many more goals than we did!!!.

i think we should stick to a nice simple 4-4-2 and allow the midfielders a sort of free role, allowing them to push forward and drop back. atm they are blatently being told to keep back and its just gives us nothing up front!! and stearmen and maybury should keep switching positions as they did in the sociedad game to confuse the oppostion defense!! were to negative and to defensive just like last year we need to be more confident, more postive and push up further!! and then that allows fryatt and hume some chances to actually score!!

exactly, i should of just said that really hahaah!!

i think we should stick to a nice simple 4-4-2 and allow the midfielders a sort of free role, allowing them to push forward and drop back. atm they are blatently being told to keep back and its just gives us nothing up front!! and stearmen and maybury should keep switching positions as they did in the sociedad game to confuse the oppostion defense!!

The problem was that yesterday, in a competitive game, the only ones they confused were themselves... :(

exactly, i should of just said that really hahaah!!

yay someone actually replied to sommit i said lol. even if it were sarcasm was it lol? cant tell?! but u gotta admit its true. yer i know they did confuse themselves a bit, but i think first match nerves were a big play in that!

i said yesterday i wouldnt go on FT coz it would turn into a major slating forum again!

i only suggested a few changes now people are just constantly not happy, why are fans so fickle?

1 game doesnt go our way (granted its not nice) but theres no need to take it all out of proportion (i'm trying to reassure myself here aswell before people get all arsey with me)

:worship: Holly for PM.

Seriously it's 1 game. Yes yes there were danger signs that this could be a frustrating season but some of the tripe posted on here is a woeful overreaction. If we win against Burnley on Tuesday we'll suddenly be championsip material again!

Lets just see how the next few games pan out and chill out a bit! :thumbup:

Seriously it's 1 game. Yes yes there were danger signs that this could be a frustrating season but some of the tripe posted on here is a woeful overreaction. If we win against Burnley on Tuesday we'll suddenly be championsip material again!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

and trust me it doesnt happen v often hehe!!

i thought about our options and was trying to decide what we needed to do other than create attacking chances and use the width!

and i came up with both of these (i was thinking of leaving out stearman as he needs a kick up the arse but i'm thinking leaving him out might not do his confidnce any good sooo)

anyway i came up with both of these in my mad moment of thought!

Henderson

Kenton		  Mcarthy			Kisnorbo		 Nils

Stearman		   Johnson		  Williams		 Low

Hume			 Fryatt

moved stearman to mid because he doesnt do badly when running with the ball plus if were gunna play a defender on the wing then we need more pace than maybury!

my other moment of thought came up with...

Henderson

Kenton			Mcarthy			 Kisnorbo		  Nils

Stearman

O'Grady					Johnson			  Low

Hume				Fryatt

just thought we still got a strong defence with stearman taking a holding role leaving johnson able to create along with a pretty creative front peice

anyway maybe my thinking shouldnt happen but heyho thought i would share hehe!

Share away! :thumbup:

I prefer your first team to your second team. I think Stearman's distribution needs to improve before he is considered for an anchor man role. For me he'd be too much like Carragher playing midfield for England - great at breaking up attacks but too backward looking in his distribution.

If we started with your first team against Burnley I'd fancy us for a result though :thumbup:

:thumbup: well said! and i truly beleive the team we played on saturday if told to go out attacking will prove on tuesday (hope i dont have to eat those words lol) that we are better than the Luton game. And i myself was very dissapointed by saturdays display but i remain um optimistic? in some peoples eyes probably, but i beleive we can do well this season, i put saturday dwon to first game nerves and players setttling back in, and re-bonding.

Tuesday we shud start

__________Henderson__________

Maybury_McCarthy_Kisnorbo_Tiatto

___________Hughes____________

_______Williams_Johnson________

____________Hume_____________

________Fryatt___O'Grady_______

bench - Logan, McCauley, Porter, Hammond, Dodds/Low

Tuesday we shud start

__________Henderson__________

Maybury_McCarthy_Kisnorbo_Tiatto

___________Hughes____________

_______Williams_Johnson________

____________Hume_____________

________Fryatt___O'Grady_______

bench - Logan, McCauley, Porter, Hammond, Dodds/Low

Could you justify dropping Kenton though given his excellent performance on Saturday? What kind of message would that send out to the team?

:thumbup: well said! and i truly beleive the team we played on saturday if told to go out attacking will prove on tuesday (hope i dont have to eat those words lol) that we are better than the Luton game. And i myself was very dissapointed by saturdays display but i remain um optimistic? in some peoples eyes probably, but i beleive we can do well this season, i put saturday dwon to first game nerves and players setttling back in, and re-bonding.

The team which started for us on Saturday scored 23 goals between them for us throughout the whole of last season. At best you might add another six for Kenton and Johnson which makes 29.

The three substitutes used scored 7 between them making 36 goals in all for the entire League season. Bearing in mind we need around 69 historically to gain promotion I'd love to hear your reasoning.

Cos that is the effect of using so many defenders. Thirty six scored, 69 needed. And people wonder why I'm "prematurely" concerned.

Kenton needs to learn to stop **** hoofing the ball back to the opposition. He tackled and defended well but didn't understand how and where to pass, that overshadowed his performance for me. He needs to stop hoofing.

left us open a few times when he made a 30 yard run with the ball lol

My premise on selecting a team for Burnley would have nothing to do with who played well and who didn't, not least because if you choose that method you would virtually need 11 players to maintan fairness; my sole aim would be to have a balanced team with round pegs in round holes.

CL was rightly criticised for playing players unneccesarily out of their natuaral position, Kelly seems to be intent on doing the same thing

Stearman - for all his better performances right back is not his natural position

Kenton - I'm going out on a limb here but again I don't believe centreback in a back four is his natural position

Nissa - definitately not a left back

Maybury - not a right midfielder

Tiatto - does he have natural position, well if it's left midfield then he's not a champioship quality player.

A team can carry the odd player out of position in cases of emergency such as injuries, depearate substitutions but to base your whole game play on having a consistent team and then having 4/5 players out of position strikes me as illogical and bordering on desperation or madness.

We need to get to round pegs in round holes asap and if we haven't got the players to do it or the funds to recruit then someone or other should be sold to enable the right players to be brought into the club.

The team which started for us on Saturday scored 23 goals between them for us throughout the whole of last season. At best you might add another six for Kenton and Johnson which makes 29.

That's about as stupid a calculation as I've ever seen - given our leading strikeforce started under half the games.

That's about as stupid a calculation as I've ever seen - given our leading strikeforce started under half the games.

Our previous scorers DeVries and Gudjonsson with 14 pretty well matched Fryatt and Hume first half and even Connolly bagged four so why it's stupid I cannot imagine.

Whatever, it won't seem so stupid by the end of the season if things don't change.

We've scored only three goals in our last five League matches (with Fryatt and Hume) and three goals in six if you count the only worthwhile friendly we played against Sociedad.

It might not concern you but it seriously concerns me because no strikeforce will do any good without support.

Our previous scorers DeVries and Gudjonsson with 14 pretty well matched Fryatt and Hume first half and even Connolly bagged four so why it's stupid I cannot imagine.

Well, you didn't include those goals in your calculation, did you?

Well, you didn't include those goals in your calculation, did you?

Not really seeing as I was saying how many goals were scored by the players who started the Luton match for us. And, whichever way you tot it up, its not enough.

Right I cant be arsed to reads all this but

We need Weso, Paddy K, COG and Porter IN

we needs Maybury, Tiatto, Skills and Stearman OUT,

Hithankyow!

Oh and I know Weso isnt fit and paddy K is suspended :rolleyes:

I don't understand why some people are saying Kenton played so well I know he carried the ball out of defense more than the other defenders but I don't think he should start ahead of Kisnorbo who finished last season on such good form.

I don't understand why some people are saying Kenton played so well I know he carried the ball out of defense more than the other defenders but I don't think he should start ahead of Kisnorbo who finished last season on such good form.

I dont think anyone is saying Kisnorbo shouldn't play, Kenton is a fairly versatile player and can also play right back and debatably even left back. Given his performance on Saturday ( probabley our best defender, although thats not saying much ) I don't see why Stearmen Nisse or even Mcarthy should keep their places ahead of him.

Archived