Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
holly

right i've been thinking

and trust me it doesnt happen v often hehe!!

i thought about our options and was trying to decide what we needed to do other than create attacking chances and use the width!

and i came up with both of these (i was thinking of leaving out stearman as he needs a kick up the arse but i'm thinking leaving him out might not do his confidnce any good sooo)

anyway i came up with both of these in my mad moment of thought!

Henderson

Kenton		  Mcarthy			Kisnorbo		 Nils

Stearman		   Johnson		  Williams		 Low

Hume			 Fryatt

moved stearman to mid because he doesnt do badly when running with the ball plus if were gunna play a defender on the wing then we need more pace than maybury!

my other moment of thought came up with...

Henderson

Kenton			Mcarthy			 Kisnorbo		  Nils

Stearman

O'Grady					Johnson			  Low

Hume				Fryatt

just thought we still got a strong defence with stearman taking a holding role leaving johnson able to create along with a pretty creative front peice

anyway maybe my thinking shouldnt happen but heyho thought i would share hehe!

i thought about our options and was trying to decide what we needed to do other than create attacking chances and use the width!

and i came up with both of these (i was thinking of leaving out stearman as he needs a kick up the arse but i'm thinking leaving him out might not do his confidnce any good sooo)

Henderson

Hume			 Fryatt

moved stearman to mid because he doesnt do badly when running with the ball plus if were gunna play a defender on the wing then we need more pace than maybury!

Henderson

Stearman

Hume				Fryatt

just thought we still got a strong defence with stearman taking a holding role leaving johnson able to create along with a pretty creative front peice

We should play 4-3-1-2. Hume just behind COG and Fryatt with Weso, Johnson and Williams (hughes) in the midfield. I think people are being harsh on Skills and stearman, they'll be alright.

I agree about Stearman being better suited to attacking than Maybury. I have often wondered why he has them that way round when Stearman looks quite dodgy defensively at times and Maybury offers nothing going forward. Witness Stearman's goals at Cov and Wednesday. You're going to need to find another left winger from somewhere though cos Low sure as hell should never play anywhere other than the right hand side.

I agree about Stearman being better suited to attacking than Maybury. I have often wondered why he has them that way round when Stearman looks quite dodgy defensively at times and Maybury offers nothing going forward. Witness Stearman's goals at Cov and Wednesday. You're going to need to find another left winger from somewhere though cos Low sure as hell should never play anywhere other than the right hand side.

bum i thought he was a lefty! ah well ya get what i am gettin at *i think* haha!

bum i thought he was a lefty! ah well ya get what i am gettin at *i think* haha!

Definitely, and I think you have the right idea with Kenton, Kisnorbo and Stearman. For me, Hughes on the left and that's as good as you're going to get with 4-4-2 which Kelly seems to want to persist with. :thumbup:

We should go with something like this:

---------------------Douglas

-----------Kenton--McCarthy--Kisnorbo

Stearman---------------------------------Johansson

--------------Johnson-----Williams

-------Hume------------------------O'Grady

----------------------Fryatt

When we are attacking, Stearman and Johansson push up, as do Hume and COG making it a 3-4-3 formation. When we are defending, they all push back, making it a 5-4-1 formation.

We should play 4-3-1-2. Hume just behind COG and Fryatt with Weso, Johnson and Williams (hughes) in the midfield. I think people are being harsh on Skills and stearman, they'll be alright.

That's exactly what my team would be!!!! :thumbup:

You seem desperate to find a spot for Stearman, why? :unsure:

He showed us yesterday that he's just another flash in the pan :ph34r::whistle:;)

Yep, kick him out. What a failure. Dreadful player. Don't know why we bother with academy players who have one bad game when we have all these millions to spend.

Stearman baffles me, I saw his debut and he was calm composed and totally assured.

The good games i've seen him have since are as a pure defender, when being tenacious and winning tackles. His distribution is what needs to be looked at, EVERY time the ball is played to him he looks for the long ball, something he didn't do when he first came into the side.

I've no doubt he's a good player, but he is not the talent some people are proclaiming.

That's exactly what my team would be!!!! :thumbup:

I too feel inclined to agree, I would love to see this team for just one game, it should be interesting...

Stearman baffles me, I saw his debut and he was calm composed and totally assured.

The good games i've seen him have since are as a pure defender, when being tenacious and winning tackles. His distribution is what needs to be looked at, EVERY time the ball is played to him he looks for the long ball, something he didn't do when he first came into the side.

I've no doubt he's a good player, but he is not the talent some people are proclaiming.

To be fair Hendo done the same!

Every kick upfield was straight to a Luton player. Has RK instructed them not to work from the back or something?

We gave away possession far too many times and far too easy :mad:

To be fair Hendo done the same!

Every kick upfield was straight to a Luton player. Has RK instructed them not to work from the back or something?

We gave away possession far too many times and far too easy :mad:

That is blatantly obvious Allen. Henderson never threw the ball out if my memory is correct. In my humble opinion Kelly is right to instruct that as well. If you were manager of this bunch would you seriously risk doing that and losing the ball in your own half......These players can't even defend balls over the top or set pieces properly. God only knows what a cock up they'd make of losing the ball in their half. Example: William's (I think) pass to Stearman which was quickly despatched 6" wide of Henderson's left upright.

Henderson

Hume			 Fryatt

Henderson

Stearman

Hume				Fryatt

i think good sir there are 3 players{who at this momment are not here} missing.

When we are attacking, Stearman and Johansson push up, as do Hume and COG making it a 3-4-3 formation. When we are defending, they all push back, making it a 5-4-1 formation.

I cant help noticing that Douglas features in that line-up. :mad:

I have a feeling that, even if we lose the next two/three games (God Forbid!) Kelly still wont change the system. He'll swap the players round (slightly) but ill think he'll stick with 4-4-2 which annoys me :mad: . Ill go with this system but defo take Nils out as I dont think he is a wing back (pace). I think we have to play more central as we have no good wide players.

i said yesterday i wouldnt go on FT coz it would turn into a major slating forum again!

i only suggested a few changes now people are just constantly not happy, why are fans so fickle?

1 game doesnt go our way (granted its not nice) but theres no need to take it all out of proportion (i'm trying to reassure myself here aswell before people get all arsey with me)

Henderson

Hume			 Fryatt

Henderson

Stearman

Hume				Fryatt

I was gonna say did it hurt. I like your first team a lot, can't see it happening though.

Archived