Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tommeh

Attendances

our club is getting shit ever since as we moved from filbert street.

instead of being a close knit club with a great atmosphere etc, remember going to see leicester with only about 14,000 fans. If walkers had that much it will be awful.

Spot on. Leicester are better at ticket sales propaganda than Lord Haw Haw was for the Germans in the War.

I'd say 18,000 tops.

Gates will potentially pick up after August but not by much if we don't change our outlook and/or results don't improve on the last five.

I warned that we haven't used the close season to "sell" our club to the floating supporters and poor results will only further highlight the folly of that approach.

You didn't like the 3 men in a shower idea then? :huh::blink:

It is not for me to promote the club or otherwise.

But I've begged and begged the club to rethink its approach. It grieves me beyond belief to see what has become of the team I support.

Now I just feel the only small protest left for me to make is not to buy a season ticket. That is simply symptomatic of how strongly I feel. Doubtless I'll still watch matches but not with the joy I once felt.

What you do is your affair.

Hypocrisy? Nonsense. My views have been consistently and unambiguously stated.

begged and begged to who exactly??? u go in and beg to them do ya or do u just promote ur beggin to us in the essays that u write about it all?

our club is getting shit ever since as we moved from filbert street.

instead of being a close knit club with a great atmosphere etc, remember going to see leicester with only about 14,000 fans. If walkers had that much it will be awful.

I know what your saying its not all about how many fans are in the stadium but of how many spare seats i.e Luton only 8,500 odd but not many spare seats equalling a great atmosphere. And for as long as we're playing at this level we won't see a full walkers

I know what your saying its not all about how many fans are in the stadium but of how many spare seats i.e Luton only 8,500 odd but not many spare seats equalling a great atmosphere. And for as long as we're playing at this level we won't see a full walkers

true :thumbup: . i think an attendance of 22,000 and a tight 1-0 win to city with Fryatt scoring the only goal!! (please please please!! lol) i still have faith in the team, we didnt get promoted in 2003 by dissing every player in sight!!

I see ur point!!!

I am just gutted that they built a staduim too big for the loyal fan base (not the ones that turn up when the going gets good) and a staduim that is not much diffrent to others. Even when in the prem, we didn't always fill it. Fulham game lost 2-0, only 28,000. It might get full in the first few years if we get back in the prem. It would get like blackburn after a few years who get no where filling their ground.

would love it to be like portsmouth, small ground, great atmosphere, fans desperate to get season tickets. With us, city fans don't really need to get a ST as they know they can choose and pick their games etc.

I see ur point!!!

I am just gutted that they built a staduim too big for the loyal fan base (not the ones that turn up when the going gets good) and a staduim that is not much diffrent to others. Even when in the prem, we didn't always fill it. Fulham game lost 2-0, only 28,000. It might get full in the first few years if we get back in the prem. It would get like blackburn after a few years who get no where filling their ground.

would love it to be like portsmouth, small ground, great atmosphere, fans desperate to get season tickets. With us, city fans don't really need to get a ST as they know they can choose and pick their games etc.

better to big than 2 small! hmmm well i no what i mean! shame we dont create a good enough atmosphere though

I see ur point!!!

And we would have ended up with a 40,000 seater stadium if Pierrpoint and his cronies had their way.

The prices of match tickets these days are ridiculous, and it makies it an extremely expensive day for non STH. I think on tuesday the attendance will be around the 20,000 mark.

Too right, my job means I only get 2 weekends a month off so getting a season ticket is hardly worth it, as my days off nearly allways land on away games. I tried to book tickets online for the Southend game (the first home game when I'm not working, and the online booking system, well thats another story), £45 - 50 for me and the wife depending on where we go. Sorry but thats a hell of a lot of money to see a team like Southend, and if City dont perform can you blame non STH staying away?

I couldn't believe it though maybe attendances are beginning to fall rapidly in the division and WBA are taking the same approach as Leicester and Southampton fans and staying away until their back in the prem or at least doing well in this league.

yep to many fans supporting the team through good times and not the bad.wait til we get back in the prem back upto around 26/27,000 alot of people in the prem turn up to watch the other team.

yep to many fans supporting the team through good times and not the bad.wait til we get back in the prem back upto around 26/27,000 alot of people in the prem turn up to watch the other team.

we would get more than that. in the prem season at walkers, only twice in the league did we get less than 30,000. even in the last home game of the season (already relegated) the attendance was 31,536, still only the 9th highest attendance of the season.

That photo must have been from so long ago that Im suprised its not in black and white!

I'd think sepia, with people in funny clothes... (or was that the chavs in L1)

Archived