Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tommeh

Attendances

Does anyone actually think our attendances this season will be too low compared to other teams in the league. WBA yesterday only got 20,682. Thats on the opening day, also Birmingham only got 24,000 and neither of these games were on sky. Cov and Derby only got 22,366 and 21,939 and even though these games were on sky it's the opening day and their gettting what many people expect us to get for an average home game. Also Leeds only got 22,000 which was our average for last season and this is the opening day.

All ni all only Ipswich got a really decent showing at 25,000. So if we get 20,000 on tuesday that won't be bad at all compared to other clubs supposedly going for the championship.

I couldn't believe it though maybe attendances are beginning to fall rapidly in the division and WBA are taking the same approach as Leicester and Southampton fans and staying away until their back in the prem or at least doing well in this league.

Apparently Leicester city have reported brisk business for the burnley game, according to the lcfc website.

They always say that though!!!

And reguarding the Ipswich game it's the twenty20 finals day and I think quite a ew people may be going or watching it on the tv as opposed to going down to the Walkers with Leicestershire still in the competition :rolleyes:

We should have a good turnout Tuesday night, beyond that it really depends on how the season goes more matches like yesterday and we'll be down to hardly anybody by November... but last season it was pretty good (considering our form), punters will play to watch good football for alot that means the prem.

We should have a good turnout Tuesday night, beyond that it really depends on how the season goes more matches like yesterday and we'll be down to hardly anybody by November... but last season it was pretty good (considering our form), punters will play to watch good football for alot that means the prem.

seriously? what is your idea of a good turnout?

I always think the atmosphere is better when there's less people in I know it sounds stupid but when everone says we've got 25,000 coming, people expect the atmosphere to hit the roof but often it just dosen't. There was only 18,000 at tottenham and the atmosphere was electric and 5,000 of that was their fans!!!!

seriously? what is your idea of a good turnout?

25,000+ ...It is the first game of the season and we usally got over 20,000 last season, 25K+ for the first home game of the season should be about right.

25,000+ ...It is the first game of the season and we usally got over 20,000 last season, 25K+ for the first home game of the season should be about right.

You have to bear in mind that Burnley will do well to sell over 1000 they only got 12,000 into their opening game of the season, and I think are one the worst supported clubs in the division 19,000 should be about right

Last season on Tuesday August 9th against Soke first home game of the season we got 20,519. We've got less season ticket holders this time.

Even though we'd previously been thumped 4-1 by Sheff U I'd imagine people were much more optimistic after that performancce than the one against Luton.

If we get beyond 20K I'll be absolutely amazed and wont be shocked if it's nearer 17K

Looking at a low attendance then :(:(

Spot on. Leicester are better at ticket sales propaganda than Lord Haw Haw was for the Germans in the War.

I'd say 18,000 tops.

Gates will potentially pick up after August but not by much if we don't change our outlook and/or results don't improve on the last five.

I warned that we haven't used the close season to "sell" our club to the floating supporters and poor results will only further highlight the folly of that approach.

itl be around 19- 20 k imo. dont know why i just think this.

how does everyone think the game will go? i see a 1-0 city win. or am i too optimistic?

Duno really its tough to call my instincts tell me it will be cagey with very few chances. But remember Stoke last year it was as open as Roman Abramovic's cheque book

we can't afford to loose thats for sure

Spot on. Leicester are better at ticket sales propaganda than Lord Haw Haw was for the Germans in the War.

I'd say 18,000 tops.

Gates will potentially pick up after August but not by much if we don't change our outlook and/or results don't improve on the last five.

I warned that we haven't used the close season to "sell" our club to the floating supporters and poor results will only further highlight the folly of that approach.

You might have a point but I don't see how you can really "sell" our club at the mo'. We have one of the cheapest ST's prices (especially for a club our size) around. We have no money anyway, and I seriously don't believe people wound buy season tickets due to signings of players!!

And what have YOU done to promote the club?

Apart from openly boasting of withholding your support, and posting around 50 times a day rubbishing the club, players and management?

Hypocrisy of Tony Blair proportions. :o

itl be around 19- 20 k imo. dont know why i just think this.

how does everyone think the game will go? i see a 1-0 city win. or am i too optimistic?

a attendence 0f 21,000 is not bad for leicester, if we had not built the staduim to a 32,000 capicity and made it about 25,000, atmosphere would be good as staduim would be almost full up.

i think it will be draw but we must score first as fans will get on the players backs.

It is not for me to promote the club or otherwise.

But I've begged and begged the club to rethink its approach. It grieves me beyond belief to see what has become of the team I support.

Now I just feel the only small protest left for me to make is not to buy a season ticket. That is simply symptomatic of how strongly I feel. Doubtless I'll still watch matches but not with the joy I once felt.

What you do is your affair.

Hypocrisy? Nonsense. My views have been consistently and unambiguously stated.

Archived