Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Are We Missing Gudjonsson Yet?

Actually I can't believe i've said it's got worse year by year. It's not improved much though.

Weso needs to get himself sorted.

Yeah the last thing you want to do is pin all your hopes on someone so young. He's goning to feel more pressure than a deep sea fish.

This season will be the making of the lad though, I fully believe that.

The ones who have left are all at better clubs now though (possible exception Nalis).

It's still straight out of a horror movie in my eyes.

Very good point though, It must be some kind of reversal of Captain planet, where when they all come together, they turn into the shitest midfield in the world.

I was going to raise this issue but thought it a bit soon after one game.

It did look like missed him on Saturday, but then again we are bound to remember the games in which he ran the show not the ones where he went missing and his lack of a decent first touch was glaringly obvious. Had he been playing he would probabley of been as rubbish as the rest of them.

Time will tell however, there is no question he was a big player for us last season.

Whatever you say about Stewart and Scowcroft, at least Stewart had pace and Scowcroft had an aerial threat.

Good point

Scowcroft will always cause problems for any team because of his height and strength.

Stewarts pace was his best assest,i dont think he was a great defender and think hell get pissd all over in the premiership this year :unsure:

Whatever you say about Stewart and Scowcroft, at least Stewart had pace and Scowcroft had an aerial threat.

I never hated Slowcroft that much tbh. My dog had good pace and I saw a giraffe down the zoo with a good aerial threat... nuff said

Good point

Scowcroft will always cause problems for any team because of his height and strength.

Stewarts pace was his best assest,i dont think he was a great defender and think hell get pissd all over in the premiership this year :unsure:

True.

However this does not change the fact that I would like to rip that dodgy shoulder of his out of its very week joint and beat him to death with it. :thumbsup:

How good was joey in his first games for us... give Johnson a chance.

Johnson's a decent player but he won't score Joey's goals. Perfectly acceptable if someone else does but we cannot go without goals from everyone in midfield.

For me, I think the main difference between us against Luton this season and last was:

1) The lacking of Welsh down the left flank to give us the width. When he came on against them last season, he was really effective in taking on the fullback and providing that outlet we were so sorely lacking on Saturday.

2) Fryatt and Hume were not as effective as they were last season against Luton's defence. They seemed to be second to the ball in every department, in the air (to be expected), speed on the ground, lacking first touch, stamina. Not sure what they did in preseason.

Although yes, Gudjonsson will be a big miss, however not one that will floor us as much as the tactics we played over the weekend.

Plenty of sense there. :thumbup:

I'd say no!!!

He wasn't that good.

sure he was tenacious but blew hot and cold re: his distribution.

if there was one of williams, hughes and joey to go i'd say joey every time. yet it is too early to say whether johnson can get the best out of the other two

I miss Joey atleast we would be guarenteed more goals with him in the side even if the strikers wern't getting any.

Archived