Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Keep the faith

Keep the faith or so the Mockery says. :cry::cry::unsure::huh::whistle::whistle::rolleyes::( <_<

The Mockery

Keep the faith

Leicester City believe the first points of the season can be delivered against Ipswich Town at the Walkers Stadium tomorrow afternoon.

And manager Robert Kelly is sticking to his beliefs as City attempt to turn the tide.

The last thing City imagined was that they would be going into their third match of the season with nothing on the board.

And they know it has to change as soon as possible if the mood is not to sink again into one of tension, apprehension and lack of confidence.

Kelly said: "After Tuesday, we have had to come up with some answers and that is what we have done in training, but there has to be some perspective.

"If we had won the first two games I would not be saying we were going to win the Championship. It is more a feeling of disappointment than lack of confidence.

"We know we can do better but these are just words, we have to go out and do it.

"But we are two games into the season. I am not going to rip it up and start again. That would be madness. We have a foundation to build from and we have to stick to our beliefs."

Ipswich, who are also pointless, will be thinking the same thing and they are also under a first-year boss in Jim Magilton, making this a battle of the managerial new boys.

Kelly recognises that fact and said: "I have a head start with my seven months from last season, but it is going to be interesting for both of us."

The home fans who relished the closing spell to last season are now waiting to see the same again.

They did not see it on Tuesday and Kelly admitted: "We didn't do well enough for them so what we can do is be honest, work hard and try to win on Saturday.

"Ipswich are in the same position but we are going to concentrate on ourselves and our attempts to do better."

In essence, City are in the same state they were in a year ago, a cash-strapped side trying to make and mend as best they can, and Kelly said: "Yes, it is exactly the same.

"We are developing and emerging and we just have to speed up the process."

On the injury front ahead of tomorrow's clash, Kelly said: "Gareth Williams is a doubt, Andy Johnson and Darren Kenton have minor knocks and there are a few bumps and bruises, but still enough to pick from."

That is probably the most depressing football interview I've ever read.

Sticking to my beliefs - it's a Leveinism.

There are reasons we've hit relegation form for the last nine games. Not scoring goals and having two potential scorers is one of them.

We might win a game, two games but that won't change a thing.

We won't win anything without a genuine rethink and loads of fans have explained what lines the rethink should be along.

It isn't about one fan's team ideas or changing one player in the set up.

Fans have posted umpteen teams that offer a realistic chance of scoring goals but almost all of them do one thing...they get rid of defenders on the flanks and increase the number of creative/goalscoring players.

It's all about totally rebalancing the wheels and going out with a whole new attitude - not sticking to flawed beliefs or making a token attacking gesture 15 minutes from time when the game's already as good as lost.

........Sits back and waits for endless stick from the Kelly Can Do NO Wrong brigade.

That is probably the most depressing football interview I've ever read.

Sticking to my beliefs - it's a Leveinism.

There are reasons we've hit relegation form for the last nine games. Not scoring goals and having two potential scorers is one of them.

We might win a game, two games but that won't change a thing.

We won't win anything without a genuine rethink and loads of fans have explained what lines the rethink should be along.

It isn't about one fan's team ideas or changing one player in the set up.

Fans have posted umpteen teams that offer a realistic chance of scoring goals but almost all of them do one thing...they get rid of defenders on the flanks and increase the number of creative/goalscoring players.

It's all about totally rebalancing the wheels and going out with a whole new attitude - not sticking to flawed beliefs or making a token attacking gesture 15 minutes from time when the game's already as good as lost.

........Sits back and waits for endless stick from the Kelly Can Do NO Wrong brigade.

I agree Thrac, we're desperatly missing a link between defence and attack and until its solved, we will be lucky to just plod along.

Archived