Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

Are L1 too "cool" to wave flags then?

Where were you in D2, thats where my ST is, the back of E1 was full :cry:

I were in D2 right at the front, second row up, seat 26.. Thought they were gonna let me sit pitchside cos am on crutches, but they told me to stop bein silly and sit on my chair lol

I'm not being harsh but I sit in the Kop and could not hear a single chant from L1 today. I know a lot of people who sit in L1 say the same about the Kop but the only 'atmosphere' coming from L1 these days is people pointing at the away fans and doing those moronic 'easy' gestures.

I've sat in three of the four stands for league games since we moved to Filbert Way. I started last season in the Kop and at times it was deathly silent and all you could hear was L1 singing in the distance. I moved to L1 after Christmas last season due to that free upgrade offer and enjoyed it enough to stay there this season. Of course we can hear the Kop now and again when people can be bothered to join in with songs but honestly that is a fairly rare occurence.

I also used to sit in the Gary Lineker Stand and the away fans used to ironically applaud when the Kop started to sing because you couldn't hear them for the first 30 minutes of a match. You can see the Kop clapping more so than you can hear them singing. Seem to drown themselves out.

Not having a dig at the Kop. In an ideal world the whole ground would be buzzing but I feel like I'm in the middle of and involved in making an atmosphere in L1 more than I did in the Kop.

I've sat in three of the four stands for league games since we moved to Filbert Way. I started last season in the Kop and at times it was deathly silent and all you could hear was L1 singing in the distance.

Really? :huh:

Most of the time L1 are outsung easily by the away fans.

Really? :huh:

Most of the time L1 are outsung easily by the away fans.

That's what I was thinking.. It was quite evident again on Saturday. The away lot could be heard over L1 all game, I rarely heard L1 from where I was sat

Yeah but there is about 20 people standing in the kop though....

Which is what I was saying, L1 feel the Kop is quiet and not much happens there, the Kop feel the same about L1, so both have a difference in opinion, and there isn't one better than the other. Can we drop this now? :)

That's what I was thinking.. It was quite evident again on Saturday. The away lot could be heard over L1 all game, I rarely heard L1 from where I was sat

The Ipswich fans didn't start singing until the last 5 minutes so how you could hear them over L1 all game is beyond me!!! :blink:

The Ipswich fans didn't start singing until the last 5 minutes so how you could hear them over L1 all game is beyond me!!! :blink:

Heard more annoyance/shouting/songs/noise from them.. Not just singing specifically. Jeez I really should not post much about the fans

Heard more annoyance/shouting/songs/noise from them.. Not just singing specifically. Jeez I really should not post much about the fans

Post what you want, L1 does get out sung by away supporters on various occasions but not on Saturday. If we'd been out sung all game long by a group of fans that sang about two songs all day and both of them in the last five minutes I'd be a bit worried.

Post what you want, L1 does get out sung by away supporters on various occasions but not on Saturday. If we'd been out sung all game long by a group of fans that sang about two songs all day and both of them in the last five minutes I'd be a bit worried.

You lot sang more songs and made more noise with your songs than the ipswich fans did, but as far as noise when decisions etc were given, I feel that the ipswich fans were a little more vocal than L1 for most of the afternoon.. That's just my opinion, everybody else is entitled to have theirs if they want, but mine won't change :)

You lot sang more songs and made more noise with your songs than the ipswich fans did, but as far as noise when decisions etc were given, I feel that the ipswich fans were a little more vocal than L1 for most of the afternoon.. That's just my opinion, everybody else is entitled to have theirs if they want, but mine won't change :)

They had a lot more to be annoyed about than us. Ipswich were shocking all game long. Very few things were going against us apart from the odd offside. Long may it continue.

Very few things were going against us apart from the odd offside. Long may it continue.

I agree with that. It's about time we had things going our way (even if a couple of the offside decisions were dodgy, especially the 1 that disallowed Fryatts goal). Got to be more clinical with our finishing though or we will struggle against sides like Brum

I remember the days when Leicester fans were renowned for their wit and intellect when it came to football chants/songs.

Now we have stuff like that, which doesn't even make sense and the Ipswich fans laugh back at you because of the sheer idiocy.

Keep up the good work :thumbup:

<_< <_< <_<

i never sang it cos i know its not true, it was just funny

I agree with that. It's about time we had things going our way (even if a couple of the offside decisions were dodgy, especially the 1 that disallowed Fryatts goal). Got to be more clinical with our finishing though or we will struggle against sides like Brum

Yep, we could easily have regretted not taking advantage of the chances that we created during the first half. The timing of our second goal was crucial though and put us in the driving seat. Can't see Hughes being given that much time and space to shoot again in a hurry. Ipswich were a poor team but we performed much better than the first two games this season. Still got to move up another level to beat the better sides in this division.

Yep, we could easily have regretted not taking advantage of the chances that we created during the first half. The timing of our second goal was crucial though and put us in the driving seat. Can't see Hughes being given that much time and space to shoot again in a hurry. Ipswich were a poor team but we performed much better than the first two games this season. Still got to move up another level to beat the better sides in this division.

Without a doubt, we still need to find another gear if we're going to play teams off the park and entertain our fans, and we are going to need to take advantage of the chances we're getting, because we could have been 4/5-0 ahead before ipswich scored, but we weren't, it was 2-0 and we could easily have let them peg us back to 2-2, which would have been harsh. Still, frayed nerves and 3 points are better than thumping defeats or pointless draws

Without a doubt, we still need to find another gear if we're going to play teams off the park and entertain our fans, and we are going to need to take advantage of the chances we're getting, because we could have been 4/5-0 ahead before ipswich scored, but we weren't, it was 2-0 and we could easily have let them peg us back to 2-2, which would have been harsh. Still, frayed nerves and 3 points are better than thumping defeats or pointless draws

Exatly

People in the kop must be deaf then because rob Kelly heard us on saturday when we sung Kelly give us a wave and he responded instantly, its similar distance to the dugout and to the kop!

yes he did sup-er sup-er rob!!

People in the kop must be deaf then because rob Kelly heard us on saturday when we sung Kelly give us a wave and he responded instantly, its similar distance to the dugout and to the kop!

I actually sat in L1 on Saturday, thought it was one of those things I'd have to do before I die, like water Polo.

I'd have to say, never again.

It is true however I herd the kop about twice, and Kelly did hear L1 straight away, someone said somthing about the stadium being built to direct noise towards the pitch ( Lisa I think ) that would explain one reason why. Secondly I think the kop and L1 struggle to hear each other due to the amount of noise created in each stand drowning the noise coming from further away out.

You can always hear the visitors in the kop mind you.

I actually sat in L1 on Saturday, thought it was one of those things I'd have to do before I die, like water Polo.

I'd have to say, never again.

It is true however I herd the kop about twice, and Kelly did hear L1 straight away, someone said somthing about the stadium being built to direct noise towards the pitch ( Lisa I think ) that would explain one reason why. Secondly I think the kop and L1 struggle to hear each other due to the amount of noise created in each stand drowning the noise coming from further away out.

You can always hear the visitors in the kop mind you.

why never again manuel :smile:

Archived