Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

O'Grady

"Let the scraemongering commence" said Leesoh when I enquired what has pushed Chris O'Grady so abruptly out of the limelight.

Well it didn't look like scaremongering when he didn't get a place in the side or on the bench today.

Wouldn't it be nice to get some facts.

People say he's not injured and that he even expected a place in the starting line up against Burnley but instead he sat on the sidelines in his suit, apparently.

The question I ask is are we seeing the reaction to another Ryan Smith situation?. A bit of a tantrum after a disappointment and the guy's suddenly outsted completely.

If that's the case how ridiculous. And if it isn't it would be nice to know why he's so suddenly become a bad player because, injury apart, that's the only reason I'd normally sideline a decent player.

Your only thinking like this as you have some infatuation with our youth team! He's only just broke through, he's still young and ROB KELLY picks the team!!!

Your only thinking like this as you have some infatuation with our youth team! He's only just broke through, he's still young and ROB KELLY picks the team!!!

When you've finished with your much flawed psychoanalysis do you know the answer to the question I asked?

Sorry but most people have said Hammond and Fryatt played well today, and Ipswich radio were saying how they were a constant threat. Hume came on and scored. I think RK was justified in leaving COG out. I love COG and would've liked him to be playing or on the bench, but the decision is RKs and today he's got it right.

Just because he's left out of the 16 doesn't mean there's a problem. Just means RK preferred the other 3 today and didn't want a 4th striker in the 16.

Question??? there will be a time when we will need O'Grady, so question is as he isnt in the 16 and we dont have a reserve team this year how is he staying fit and how do we keep fringe players match sharp?

The club have said they'll be arranging reserve friendlies against other local teams in the same situation (Derby, Covscum etc).

It is a problem though that our fringe players won't get many games at all. It will really hurt us and the other teams involved that we can't play many reserve games I think. Even though we're going to organise our own games, I'm sure there won't be as many as the reserves would usually play, and it could make it harder for young players to break through (having to jump straight from academy to first team) and slow players down returning from injury..

Sorry but most people have said Hammond and Fryatt played well today, and Ipswich radio were saying how they were a constant threat. Hume came on and scored. I think RK was justified in leaving COG out. I love COG and would've liked him to be playing or on the bench, but the decision is RKs and today he's got it right.

Just because he's left out of the 16 doesn't mean there's a problem. Just means RK preferred the other 3 today and didn't want a 4th striker in the 16.

Do you know that or is it your best guess?. If you say you know I'll accept it but otherwise I'm not convinced for a minute. No-one's doubting Hume or Hammond's contributon today or saying tha tKelly was wrong to pick who he did. But my instincts and my suspicious mind feels that something has happened regarding O'Grady.

Do you know that or is it your best guess?. If you say you know I'll accept it but otherwise I'm not convinced for a minute. No-one's doubting Hume or Hammond's contributon today or saying tha tKelly was wrong to pick who he did. But my instincts and my suspicious mind feels that something has happened regarding O'Grady.

Why O'Grady was left out?

I don't know why, and it's not even a guess. All I'm saying is that it's just as likely, if not more likely, that he was just left out of the squad due to RK only wanting 1 striker on the bench and O'Grady being 4th choice than it being due to a fall out with COG and Kelly.

You could be right, but all I'm saying is that just because he's been left out of the squad there's no real reason to believe that there has been a falling out. That is just one of many possible explanations. From what I've seen and heard, which is admittedly not a great deal and just what is displayed to the public, but neither RK or O'Grady seem like particularly volatile or confrontational people, and I just think that you're putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5.

You could be right, but I don't think, and certainly HOPE that you're not!

Why O'Grady was left out?

I don't know why, and it's not even a guess. All I'm saying is that it's just as likely, if not more likely, that he was just left out of the squad due to RK only wanting 1 striker on the bench and O'Grady being 4th choice than it being due to a fall out with COG and Kelly.

You could be right, but all I'm saying is that just because he's been left out of the squad there's no real reason to believe that there has been a falling out. That is just one of many possible explanations. From what I've seen and heard, which is admittedly not a great deal and just what is displayed to the public, but neither RK or O'Grady seem like particularly volatile or confrontational people, and I just think that you're putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5.

You could be right, but I don't think, and certainly HOPE that you're not!

So do I. :whistle:

Hammond was pretty shocking today. Can't fault his commitment but his first touch was, let's be honest, as bad as mine after a few beers.

It's baffling that O'Grady is considered inferior to Elvis. :rolleyes:

Hammond might have been suffering a bit from the match rustiness Maccfox was concerned about and he didn't seem able to stay on his feet much of the time. His pace was helpful at times and Leicester don't have a lot of real pace but no, on yesterday's show, I wouldn't rate him as good as O'Grady - or Dodds.

the simple reason is Kelly went for pace over strength. It might be that Jason De Vos is a man mountain so O'Grady wasnt the man for Ipswich. Personally I would rather we only had 1 striker and 2 midfielders on the bench and imho Hume over O'Grady everytime

The whole 'do you know this or is this you just guessing' kinda applies to you here too, doesn't it? :rolleyes:

There is no problem with COG, trust me, i think kelly just didn't want two strikers on the bench and hume got the nod. hammond got a place in the starting line up as reward for goals in pre season. Calm down everyone!

There is no problem with COG, trust me, i think kelly just didn't want two strikers on the bench and hume got the nod. hammond got a place in the starting line up as reward for goals in pre season. Calm down everyone!

I think you're right. O'Grady was training last week and seemed happy enough. Having said that, you only have to watch training to see that O'Grady still requires a fair bit of work on some aspects of his game. Kelly had a fairly long chat with CO'G, not an argument, at one point after he made a rather simple mistake during one drill. O'Grady did show a bit of an attitude but nothing over the top, just didn't understand what mistake he'd made but after the chat he seemed to have grasped it and got on with it. He continued to train, one of the last to go in along with Hammond, and I think everything's fine.

I think you're right. O'Grady was training last week and seemed happy enough. Having said that, you only have to watch training to see that O'Grady still requires a fair bit of work on some aspects of his game. Kelly had a fairly long chat with CO'G, not an argument, at one point after he made a rather simple mistake during one drill. O'Grady did show a bit of an attitude but nothing over the top, just didn't understand what mistake he'd made but after the chat he seemed to have grasped it and got on with it. He continued to train, one of the last to go in along with Hammond, and I think everything's fine.

Everything you say is true but you can also be sure COG is extremely frustrated. But I'm sure it will only make him more determined if that is possible.

Everything you say is true but you can also be sure COG is extremely frustrated. But I'm sure it will only make him more determined if that is possible.
He told you this over a pint in the Swan and Rushes after the game, I suppose.

Archived