Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nebdingo

The Forgotten Man

Chris O`Grady seems to have gone from making a strong claim for a starting place at the beginning of the season to not even being able to make the substitute`s bench against Burnley and Ipswich.

The young striker pushed himself into the starting eleven towards the end of last season and offered something different up front compared to Hume and Fryatt.

He also had a good pre-season where he was one of the most consistent strikers; he linked up well with all three other strikers and managed to score a few goals as well.

Come the first game against Luton and Rob Kelly decided to start with Hume and Fryatt which wouldn`t have surprised most fans after their performances at the end of last season.

With 15 minutes to go and Leicester losing Kelly turned to O`Grady in the hope he would offer something different up front. Unfortunately Leicester ended up losing 2-0 and since that brief sub appearance he has failed to even make the substitute bench for the last two games.

With rumours from within the club suggesting that O`Grady has been give an internal 4 match ban, due to improper conduct. Fans will be hoping that there will be no rift between O`Grady and Kelly if the rumour is true. One thing is for sure, Leicester cannot afford to approach the rest of the season with only 3 strikers available.

Source

Yes it is very interesting and mystifying at the same time.

I'm really unsure, and I hope that this ban or whatever doesnt continue for long.

I like to see managers sometimes 'wield the axe' or show their displine by dropping players but I do truly hope that in the long run Chris will stay at the club as I do believe he has something to offer in our squad.

He played today for the Reserves and scored which seems to confirm what I said previously that he's not been banned. He had a training tiff with RK and has now got his head down again, at least that's as I understand it. And he's a bit frustrated as will anyone be who's on the fringe of the team.

Yes, clearly forgetten as he hasn't been in the last two squads. :rolleyes: People have to realise that Fryatt and Hume are our first choice strikers with Elvis as primary back up. If the case was any different, O'Grady would've made the bench at a minimum, regardless of what anyone says.

Yes, clearly forgetten as he hasn't been in the last two squads. :rolleyes: People have to realise that Fryatt and Hume are our first choice strikers with Elvis as primary back up. If the case was any different, O'Grady would've made the bench at a [/]minimum[/i], regardless of what anyone says.

How do you justify that comment, One thing Kelly has to do with an extended squad of potential firsty teamers is keep as many players involved as possible.

That's why he might change his bench line-up - absolutely nothing to do with Hammond being ahead of COG or vice-versa. There might also be tactical reasons for certain selections or, more likely in COG's case, disciplinary reasons.

On your basis you could argue Fryatt/Hammond are the first choice strikers seeing Hume was introduced from the bench. But that's not true either.

Yes, clearly forgetten as he hasn't been in the last two squads. :rolleyes: People have to realise that Fryatt and Hume are our first choice strikers with Elvis as primary back up. If the case was any different, O'Grady would've made the bench at a minimum, regardless of what anyone says.

How do you justify that comment, One thing Kelly has to do with an extended squad of potential firsty teamers is keep as many players involved as possible.

That's why he might change his bench line-up - absolutely nothing to do with Hammond being ahead of COG or vice-versa. There might also be tactical reasons for certain selections or, more likely in COG's case, disciplinary reasons.

On your basis you could argue Fryatt/Hammond are the first choice strikers seeing Hume was introduced from the bench. But that's not true either.

If your question is to what i think your referring to, my answers are in my orignal post in bold.

He played today for the Reserves and scored which seems to confirm what I said previously that he's not been banned.
He got a ban for four first team games, hopefully he'll learn from it.

Well that ban sounds very strange in view of what I was told.

Maybe my contact will confirm the truth once more.

What could COG do to get a whacking four-week ban. Wrap a chair leg round the boss or something?.

I cannot believe it would be for anything verbal. The bloke would be frustrated that's all and if his frustration caused him to say something he shouldn't I cannot believe the harsh response is anything more than a poor excuse to make selection easier.

Wait til RK gets with the Roy Keane types of this world. He'll never have any players left if he gets all headmasterish after a bit of verbals.

Maybe RK just wanted to have a little bit of respect shown to him by his players?

Don't be stupid. The best way forward any football club is allow the more "talented" ( Translation: Local...prefferable young...probabley played in a team that has beaten Barwell Sports 7-0) get away with what they want, talk to the gaffer how they want and through hissy fits whenever they can't get in the sixteen.

Although if you ask me this is all just crap, he's not in the team because he has three players infront of him.

And that's the only way he could do it?. I imagine a bit of straight talking would have sorted it and the whole business would have been forgotten by now instead of leaving a nasty taste for a month - IF the ban exists. It all sounds so petty and unnecessarily protracted. Footballers, like racehorses, are highly strung. A bit of understanding doesn't go amiss.

Don't be stupid. The best way forward any football club is allow the more "talented" ( Translation: Local...prefferable young...probabley played in a team that has beaten Barwell Sports 7-0) get away with what they want, talk to the gaffer how they want and through hissy fits whenever they can't get in the sixteen.

Although if you ask me this is all just crap, he's not in the team because he has three players infront of him.

We've already had that one out once.

But four weeks ... would you expect your boss to discipline you four weeks for a bit of verbal?

I remember a deputy editor once giving me every word of verbal abuse he could dream up one Monday morning but after the briefest of reactions, I forgave him completely!

Never go to sleep on an argument my old mum used to say.

People have to realise that Fryatt and Hume are our first choice strikers with Elvis as primary back up. If the case was any different, O'Grady would've made the bench at a minimum,

Exactly what i said in a previous post Manwell :thumbup:

You don't know that he has been baned, and if he has you don't know the circumstances. So I'd say neither you or any one else on this board has any room to comment on the matter.

Although just to add some fuel to the fire I do remember someone posting about a fight between Alan Maybury and Momo Sylla shortly before the dissaperance of Chris O'Grady, and someone coming on here confirming a fight had taken place but they couldn't name names.

I'd like to reiterate I think this is all crap, I think he's just got too many players in front of him

You don't know that he has been baned, and if he has you don't know the circumstances. So I'd say neither you or any one else on this board has any room to comment on the matter.

Although just to add some fuel to the fire I do remember someone posting about a fight between Alan Maybury and Momo Sylla shortly before the dissaperance of Chris O'Grady, and someone coming on here confirming a fight had taken place but they couldn't name names.

I'd like to reiterate I think this is all crap, I think he's just got too many players in front of him

I've been told catogorically he hasn't been banned but a contrary opinion persists nevertheless.

I've been told catogorically he hasn't been banned but a contrary opinion persists nevertheless.

Right....... well you've confused me now, not that I am paticularly bothered either way. I'm sure he will be back playing for Leicester sooner or later when his chance arrives.

If your that bothered, why Instead of sitting on here speculating about it why don't you do some something useful like phone Hetty Wainthropp

Archived