Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ultra

FAO THRACIAN

Why? Would any investment guarantee us promotion? Even Mandaric had three relegation battles before striking lucky with Redknapp.

You're wrong. I renewed my Kop season ticket because I trust the board and this manager to make progress this season. I don't believe there will be a relegation battle this time around. We have too much quality, on and off the pitch, to allow that to happen.

Well thats your opinion. From where im standing we're 19th in the Championship with three very hard away days out to the three relegated clubs next month leaving us two home games against Hull and Colchester which are must wins. I'd say we're battling already.

As you well know Ric, Fryatt has scored his 40 goals because he played in some shit football for Walsall

and was given two seasons of opportunity. But he's 's a good player. That isn't the argument. Dodds has had no pportunities and not because he hasn't been prolific but because there isn't going to be a vacancy while Hume/Fryatt are in the team.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

How the Fuk can you use that arguement!?

Well thats your opinion. From where im standing we're 19th in the Championship with three very hard away days out to the three relegated clubs next month leaving us two home games against Hull and Colchester which are must wins. I'd say we're battling already.

At least you got the league position right.

Birmingham and West Brom both struggled against Colchester, the second worst team in this league right now. As Sunderland are the worst I'd fancy us for at least a point there, whoever their manager is.

We should be able to pick up plenty of points at home, from the Southend game onwards.

If we're still in the bottom six at the end of October, then I might start to worry..

Hmm, maybe his faculties are deserting him. He could write a piece detailing why a Premiership chairman should abandon all allegiances to his current club, and spend tens of millions on the FOXES...

Except there are plenty who have already beaten him to it.

Now THEIRS are the minds I really fear for...

You are Tim Davies and I claim my prize.

Each passing day <_<

At least you got the league position right.

Birmingham and West Brom both struggled against Colchester, the second worst team in this league right now. As Sunderland are the worst I'd fancy us for at least a point there, whoever their manager is.

We should be able to pick up plenty of points at home, from the Southend game onwards.

If we're still in the bottom six at the end of October, then I might start to worry..

That means sweet FA they are still good sides and they still won :unsure:

Southend Colchester and Hull needs to be 7 points and we need to pick up a couple on the road to be comfortable going into October. Don't see it myself. We shall see.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

How the Fuk can you use that arguement!?

Because everyone dismisses Doddsy's goals as being in shit football. My golfing partner watches every Walsall match and even he says it's not been good recent seasons up to this.

Because everyone dismisses Doddsy's goals as being in shit football. My golfing partner watches every Walsall match and even he says it's not been good recent seasons up to this.

but its still a better standard than reserve and youth team football you imbecile

There's a slight difference here. Fryatt has scored goals in a struggling team at a level one division below ours. Dodds has scored goals for quite a successful youth team where 50-75% of the players never make it in to their clubs first team. That's why Dodds should be sent out on loan to League One or League Two and if he scores regularly at that level then we will know alot more about his ability in professional football. It seems unlikely he'll oust Hume or Fryatt for the forseable future.

............League one is a much higher level then the reserve league.

And ask for academy level, its not even confernce, I've seen countless big local academies get crushed by Tamworth Burton and even Nuneaton.

There's a slight difference here. Fryatt has scored goals in a struggling team at a level one division below ours. Dodds has scored goals for quite a successful youth team where 50-75% of the players never make it in to their clubs first team. That's why Dodds should be sent out on loan to League One or League Two and if he scores regularly at that level then we will know alot more about his ability in professional football. It seems unlikely he'll oust Hume or Fryatt for the forseable future.

Beat me to it Ric, this is the way forward IMO... :thumbup:

In my opniion Dodds, Logan and Gradel should should be sent on loan (boston, Northampton or even Forest)

They really need to play some competitive league football. Our squad is big enough to cope without them. O'grady benefitted as did Logan. If Dodds is as good as you say then he will take his chances and will be recalled.

I'd say an issue that needs addressing is the general lack of height in our team, apart from Low the are front 6 are pretty small. I not sure how great O'grady is with his head either. Fryatt also looks a bit lonely up front, him and Hume seem to have a much better understanding than him and Hammond (who is a waste of space)

doo doo Tommy Wright

Only saw Wright twice and he didn't impress at all. As for Kelly and Dodds. The impression I've been given is that Kelly rates him highly. Apologies if I'm wrong but I undestand he's been working alot with him at the training ground. Perhaps JonBlueFox has a view.

I don't think O'Grady's a great header. Just better than the others.

You may be right about loan outs.

Perhaps tonight will offer some pointers if any of them get to play.

Agreed, although I think O'Grady has been working hard at improving his aerial ability.

I didn't suggest selling Hume. Quite the contrary.

Stearman, McCarthy and Fryatt are the ones I'd sell.

Paying off the stadium loan is always going to cost a pound of flesh and the trick is to have answers as you do it.

City with a forward line of Low/Gradel, Hume, Dodds/O'Grady and Porter with Weso in midfield and an atacking left back will score more goals than the 51 we got last season.

Presently we're scoring less than one a game.

Christ.

I think Thracian is right...the funny thing is he usually is. That frontline Thracian just outlined is exactly how the team is shaping up....it won't be long before Johnson is replaced by Weso (have to justify the signing a little bit!) Porter is showing more skill energy and talent than much of the rest of the team put together and Hume usually starts with Fryatt (normal service will resume shortly!). I don't think selling Fryatt is a good idea right now, wait a bit, let the price go up then flog him (he'll want to go by then anyway). 51 goals is crappy precisely because the team has no attacking capability. This lot does. Now I did A-level maths, so therefore more attacking = more goals. As long as the back line hold out that should = results.

Archived