Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wils

Fans call the tune

Fans Call The Tune

Leicester City are currently gauging interest levels from their supporters with regards to the possibility of introducing a fans' band to the Walkers Stadium for all home fixtures.

There has been an overwhelming majority in favour of the idea at both the recent Supporters` Consultative Meeting and the Supporters` Open Meeting.

And the club would now like to throw the vote open to all fans and allow them to make the ultimate decision.

The proposed band would be placed in the south east corner of the stadium, with supporters in that area able to relocate should they desire.

Leicester are inviting fans to place their votes via an online poll, which can be found at the bottom right hand corner of the homepage (see image left).

Supporters can also email their thoughts on the idea directly to Peter Jones, the club's Supporter Relations manager. Email Pete on [email protected] or call the supporter hotline on 0116 2294555.

Right in my corner aswell (F1) near the front, if it would improve the atmosphere of the Kop I am all for it but there doesnt seem to be many vocal singers near me but suppose it could help to get chants going in the Kop.

Only 10 years after Sheffield Wednesday, how original, if this is in response to that old sponger Henry at the fans meeting then we are furhter in the mire than I ever thought possible. Yet more freebies to hangers on and wannabes.

If that happens then I won't be back, they won't get a penny from me in the future.

It'll be like watching England and that f'cking stupid band they have. The best way to get an atmosphere is let the fans create it, by standing together and stewarding it with common sense.

I voted yes, Why not

Come on its hardly going to spoil anything, it will add to a more often than not poor atmosphere,

However I only want it if they have some drums. :D:P

VOTE YES :D:thumbup:

Utter cock-rot.

First thing I'll do it punch a hole in the drum and then smash the horn/bugle/trumpet off the steps until it is unplayable.

Only 10 years after Sheffield Wednesday, how original, if this is in response to that old sponger Henry at the fans meeting then we are furhter in the mire than I ever thought possible. Yet more freebies to hangers on and wannabes.

If that happens then I won't be back, they won't get a penny from me in the future.

It'll be like watching England and that f'cking stupid band they have. The best way to get an atmosphere is let the fans create it , by standing together and stewarding it with common sense.

Doesnt help when people like you threaten to "never show again" just becasue a band has come :rolleyes: , and it pisses me off when people say that becasue even when were playing well + winning comfortably 80% of our home fans still dont join in with chants :angry:

Only 10 years after Sheffield Wednesday, how original, if this is in response to that old sponger Henry at the fans meeting then we are further in the mire than I ever thought possible. Yet more freebies to hangers on and wannabes.

It'll be like watching England and that f'cking stupid band they have. The best way to get an atmosphere is let the fans create it, by standing together and stewarding it with common sense.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

This is indeed a response to Henry and his acolytes at the open meeting. :(

Those who failed to attend that meeting have no right to complain about the proposal being put.

But they have EVERY right to say no, and should take it, preferably by email as internet polls on the OS are notoriously unreliable.

I have already emailed Peter Jones to advise that a band on the Kop would threaten future investment in the club, at least from me.

Those who failed to attend that meeting have no right to complain about the proposal being put.

But they have EVERY right to say no, and should take it, preferably by email as internet polls on the OS are notoriously unreliable.

I have already emailed Peter Jones to advise that a band on the Kop would threaten future investment in the club, at least from me.

Why?

if you really love this club then a ruddy band shouldnt change it :rolleyes:

Doesnt help when people like you threaten to "never show again" just becasue a band has come :rolleyes: , and it pisses me off when people say that becasue even when were playing well + winning comfortably 80% of our home fans still dont join in with chants :angry:

Sorry, but as I am able to think for myself I don't see why I should have to pander to the bullshit offered up by the Club.

A band, FFS this isn't college sports in the States, this is another attempt by LCFC to create the atmosphere they want. If you are happy being a Stepford Fan then so be it, you just keep on happy clapping.

Sorry, but as I am able to think for myself I don't see why I should have to pander to the bullshit offered up by the Club.

A band, FFS this isn't college sports in the States, this is another attempt by LCFC to create the atmosphere they want. If you are happy being a Stepford Fan then so be it, you just keep on happy clapping.

So tell me, What would make YOU sing and join in the chants? :unsure:

A perfect illustration as to why the Open Meetings are a complete and utter waste of time.

A perfect illustration as to why the Open Meetings are a complete and utter waste of time.

Did you even read the article?

The people there WANTED to have a band ("An overwhelming majority") so they have asked the fans, how is that a "ytter waste of time"????

Archived