Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wils

Fans call the tune

I'll tell you why. The bands sound cr*p, doesn't generate any real atmosphere, makes the stadium more of a summer fete feel, sticks our like a sore thumb and is just plain embarassing.

fock me, got some time machine or something,

THEY HAVEN'T EVEN PLAYED YET!!!!!! :rolleyes:

I've been to grounds and a couple of lads have had a trumpet or two and a drum. It's hardly some shocking, new revolation of an idea. It's just a bit of racket - it's not like they're going to play solidly for 90 minutes, is it?

Edit:

Aye. I believe it means "a whale's vagina".

I have to agree with one of Manwell's posts about getting an atmosphere from the fans, rather then gimmicks. What's peeing me off is that the marketting team at city and the OS come up with such a naff, un-imaginitive ideas of trying to drum up support and bring back fans!! They must think the fans are stupid as whole!!!

In a half empty stadium with poor performances, a band is gonna do nought!!!!!!

A drum would improve the atmosphere, there is no doubt about it. Simply keeping the beat during 'RK's bluewhite army', would prevent it from ending after 10 seconds which it does now because our fans are to thick or pissed to keep a constant speed.

I'd prefer it to be the other way round but that's how modern fans are, even at top clubs..

I'd prefer it, too, so we agree. And this is the club making an attempt to try and achieve that. I appreciate it's a little bit corny and a little bit juvenille, but what's your suggestion? It's alright making some stroppy retort about rather having the team win than the crowd loud - but they're two completely different issues handled by two completely different parts of the company that is Leicester City Football Club. You might as well moan to Lays about the ingredients of Pepsi.

I disagree that all modern football fans are boring, though.

Didn't happen before when Henry was playing, did it? So why should it be different now, especially if he brings his equally inept mates with him?

One weezey old man with a hunting horn is hardly what the club likely have in mind.

I'd prefer it, too, so we agree. And this is the club making an attempt to try and achieve that. I appreciate it's a little bit corny and a little bit juvenille, but what's your suggestion? It's alright making some stroppy retort about rather having the team win than the crowd loud - but they're two completely different issues handled by two completely different parts of the company that is Leicester City Football Club. You might as well moan to Lays about the ingredients of Pepsi.

I disagree that all modern football fans are boring, though.

One weezey old man with a hunting horn is hardly what the club likely have in mind.

No, its a band based around one weezy old man with a hunting horn, and he's not very good at using it.

A drum would improve the atmosphere, there is no doubt about it. Simply keeping the beat during 'RK's bluewhite army', would prevent it from ending after 10 seconds which it does now because our fans are to thick or pissed to keep a constant speed.

Ha ha. Let's dress Filbert in a tux and give him a conductor's stick to help ensure the beat.

A perfect illustration as to why the Open Meetings are a complete and utter waste of time.

Barton OLD BOY!!

I went to the OPEN MEETING and thought that a band playing to GEE up the crowd was a fairly presentable idea. Only 30 people got off there backsides and went to this OPEN MEETING some couldnt get I appriciate this, but I can see it working to some degree I said YES at the Meeting and YES on a POLL.

As long as the band play we'll meet again when we next play derby I'm UP FOR IT!

Other things were dicussed at the meeting... like inward investment to the club, kit cycles, ticket pricing.

I LOVE MY CLUB thats that. (BLUE VEINS)

Slightly unrelated question, but does anyone employed by the club (not including the Fox's Trust) have access / read this forum on anything like a regular basis?

I signed up with the Cardiff board last season to ask a few questions about a couple of their youth lads and it seems that a couple of people working at the club use their forum.

Oi Sosban, we've found that lout you were referring to

Aye, plenty more in the woodwork n'all.

I agree a drum would be good, But the main reason that particaular chant doesnt last long enough is becasue the fans are SHITE!!! We try at the back for 10 mins sometimes to keep it going and occasianly the rest of the kop will join in but as you say for only about 10 secs :rolleyes:

It annoys the opposition, but who gives a fock. The pompey fans love it, and Fratton park rocks.That can not be denied.

Henry will not be involved, do not worry.

Agree with you there mate,

Portsmouth have one of the best sets of fans in the country and the drums are what makes them so familiar and inspiring to watch.

I do think, though, that the club trying to subtely introduce a song for the fans would be a slightly better way of getting everyone singing. If it can be done without being cheesey or cheap then it might work. The posters on this board seem to like When You're Smiling, but how much is it likely to catch with the whole ground?

I know we'll never exactly be Celtic / Liverpool with the ol' scarves and club anthem, but having a mutual sing-song that's a bit more rousing than C'mon Leicester, Robert Kelly's Blue-and-White Army and Going Down With The Derby might be beneficial. :D

I would argue it has more to do with their sh*tty stadium than anything. The acoustics in their ground from the small compactness of it mean you can hear other fans chanting clearly.

The acoustics in our stadium and other new ones focus the sound onto the pitch so you lose the level of banter that once existed. Add that to the loss of the once intimate feeling of Filbert Street and it's no surprise the atmosphere suffers.

Put portsmouth in a new flashy stadium and it wouldn't matter if you had the guy from Def Leppard banging the drum, the atmosphere would still be severely lacking compared to them at Fratton Park.

Might help with the atmosphere, my only memory of a band was at Sheff Wed, by the end of 90 minutes I wanted to stick that Feckin drum up his A#@E!! :devil:

That's exactly what I'd do if they started banging a drum near me :mad:

Another gimmick with absolutely no chance of adding to our attendance figures.

Is there anyone in our sales and marketing department with more then 1 O level?

Didnt know Derby had any. but i think Drums get's the fans going and it pisses opposing fans off as well which is good. :D

Another sound reason (no pun intended) for putting any band in the North Stand, preferably as close to the away fans as possible.

Archived