Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wils

Fans call the tune

I think its a bad idea given the annoyance of the Sheffield Wednesday and England Band and wannabee's at the likes of Blackburn and Reading armed with drums, especially as I hear that our good friend Horny Henry Shipley fancies a bash with his mates at busting out a tune or two, unless they lower the prices for me to endure that kind of shite I can't see myself or (m)any other fans being attracted down to the stadium on matchday.

:rolleyes: What do you want them to do, i thin most of the idea's they have said are good and i still dont see what you have against those flags :nono:

They looked good for one game, peopel will not take care of them because people don't look after things that don't cost them money it's human nature. Fewer and fewer flags will be at each game come December there will be none. Waste of money and time zero affect.

Barton OLD BOY!!

I went to the OPEN MEETING and thought that a band playing to GEE up the crowd was a fairly presentable idea. Only 30 people got off there backsides and went to this OPEN MEETING some couldnt get I appriciate this, but I can see it working to some degree I said YES at the Meeting and YES on a POLL.

As long as the band play we'll meet again when we next play derby I'm UP FOR IT!

Other things were dicussed at the meeting... like inward investment to the club, kit cycles, ticket pricing.

I LOVE MY CLUB thats that. (BLUE VEINS)

Did he just, err, say, like, blue vein dude? :laugh: :w00t:

Seriously though Doris what's with the random caps it's like reading an article out of the Daily Sport!

Sorry if someone has already asked but will the club bring in people to form the band or will the band consist of real fans.

Anything manufactured by the club might not reflect the true emotions of real Leicester fans if you know what I mean.

Banging out different tunes at the same time other sections are calling the ref a wan........ and generally trying to create a family atmosphere with no abusive songs.

A band would be worth a try but it must be genuine and in the spirit of the average Leicester fan.

The thing is with this is that the club themselves obviously feel there is a lack of atmosphere in the stadium, the flags and now the band has proved this.

From my own experience the thing that doesnt help the atmosphere is

1. The stewards telling you to sit down if your singing and happen to stand up trying to get it going.

2. The lack of a home end where fans who sing can sit together, if the club refuse to move the kop then at least making it unresearved seating might help (if they did both the atmosphere would improve)

3. The actual standard of football

There was a time when the football being played had no bearing on the atmosphere in the kop at Filbo it was always good. Songs dont get sung anymore apart from really basic ones...big shame

If they away fans came in with a band they got laughed at and slated for needing one at Filbert St.

Times have changed, im not 100% against a band but i think it is sad to rely on singing the basic songs the band play instead of singers creating the atmosphere. This just doesnt happen now and going down seems to have changed for ever.

Lack of atmosphere is a curse of a modern football ground, i just wish we had the balls to do something more radical first

Band = More happy clappy fans, less fans singing, more fans sitting down and controlled to sing/clap when the band plays, band will be instructed when they can play and when they can't

Band does not equal more fans singing, nor a better atmosphere just a bland controlled one. There will be even less reason/opportunity to develop a real atmosphere and original songs.

If I want to listed to a band I'd buy a ticket for the DeMontfort Hall or visit one of the City's parks on a Sunday.

I despair.

I'm tempted to vote for YES if it was just someone with a drum, I know it can get annoying but they can start off a chant/build the atmosphere up.

But the idea of a band, not so sure. It may be worth a go though as it could benefit the stadium. Just please make sure Henry is NOT involved. :rolleyes:

Little tip for the club - get rid of that cringe worthy edition of the post horn gallop before each kick off. If anything is killing the atmosphere at the build up to the game it's that. Dire.

I'm tempted to vote for YES if it was just someone with a drum, I know it can get annoying but they can start off a chant/build the atmosphere up.

But the idea of a band, not so sure. It may be worth a go though as it could benefit the stadium. Just please make sure Henry is NOT involved. :rolleyes:

Little tip for the club - get rid of that cringe worthy edition of the post horn gallop before each kick off. If anything is killing the atmosphere at the build up to the game it's that. Dire.

I think you will find Henry the Horn proposed the idea at the Fan's meeting and offered to put it together.

Surely if they want a better atmosphere in the ground then drop the prices, get more people in and play some better fookin football and give us something to yell about! Simple as.

Sounds like the club want us to create our own entertainment now! Does the band get in free? What if they do better than the football? Will the club back a worldwide tour? How far do you wanna take it!

Voted NO by the way!

Do you really need the club to organise someone to take a drum to the game? If you think it would be good to take a drum to the game... then take a drum to the game.

Against ground rules, would need permission from the club I'd bet!!

Band = More happy clappy fans, less fans singing, more fans sitting down and controlled to sing/clap when the band plays, band will be instructed when they can play and when they can't

Band does not equal more fans singing, nor a better atmosphere just a bland controlled one. There will be even less reason/opportunity to develop a real atmosphere and original songs.

If I want to listed to a band I'd buy a ticket for the DeMontfort Hall or visit one of the City's parks on a Sunday.

I despair.

So do I...particularly given that the yes vote on the OS currently stands at 62%!!! :blink:

Surely if they want a better atmosphere in the ground then drop the prices, get more people in and play some better fookin football and give us something to yell about! Simple as.

Sounds like the club want us to create our own entertainment now! Does the band get in free? What if they do better than the football? Will the club back a worldwide tour? How far do you wanna take it!

Voted NO by the way!

good point especially about lowering prices!

I voted No

I think the drums at Blackburn and Derby are well annoying!

Well, yeah, in some ways. But remember what a deathly place Blackburn used to be? At least now, they get a chant going, keep it in rhythm and sustain it. The last match on Sky, they kept a barmy army chant going for best part of quarter of an hour. There would have been no chance of that a decade ago.

REASONS FOR:

the kop + a beat = a fratton park atmosphere

All fans will be in time rather than the disjointed rubbish we have at the moment

just might create a stand up wave your scarves atmosphere

will help to start chants at corners free kicks etc

could help to lift the team (If the band keep playin the fans will keep singing)

they certainly wont be playing for the whole match, they have one at lincoln (my second team) and its just at attacking oppertunities or to get the team going with the crowd behind them.

could help become a truly brilliant 12th man that realy lifts the team with loudness of chants

REASONS AGAINST

could get annoying if your sitting near(although it says you can move away)

obviously an attempt to build atmosphere once again, like the flag etc(but this time will actualy make a difference on noise levels)

could drown out the singing (NEVER EVER going to happen witht the kop)

can't think of any more

seriously don't understand why people dont want it

There was a time when the football being played had no bearing on the atmosphere in the kop at Filbo it was always good. Songs dont get sung anymore apart from really basic ones...big shame

If they away fans came in with a band they got laughed at and slated for needing one at Filbert St.

Times have changed, im not 100% against a band but i think it is sad to rely on singing the basic songs the band play instead of singers creating the atmosphere. This just doesnt happen now and going down seems to have changed for ever.

Lack of atmosphere is a curse of a modern football ground, i just wish we had the balls to do something more radical first

Agreed, I saw AC Milan play against Red Star BElgrade while on holiday, and their equivalent of the Kop sang for the whole game. As a result the atmosphere was great, AC didn't even play that well. But it makes the game far more enjoyable.

So do I...particularly given that the yes vote on the OS currently stands at 62%!!! :blink:

That's because the Cov fans got wind of it!

Archived