Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content
lookwhaticando

Missing: General's most prominent 'member'

Recommended Posts

Posted

This has gone on far too long.

Does anyone know where our beloved TPH has gotten to?

He's been gone for what seems like an age, or at least a couple of days.

The forum is really missing his terrible humour, awful dress sense, and classless remarks about women.

Several other members have attempted to fill the void, with some success, but I think you'll all agree it's not quite the same.

So please, if you know anything, let us know.

Where the hell's TPH gone?

Thank You. :cool:

Posted

He can't be too far away or anything as he is on mobile status on MSN. :cool:

Posted

You may well find the answer here, Mr LWICD...

www.tph.co.uk

Actually, that stinks of spyware - don't use it!

that almost sounds like 'liquid' can you change LWICD's name to mr liquid please shunny?

Posted

This has gone on far too long.

Does anyone know where our beloved TPH has gotten to?

He's been gone for what seems like an age, or at least a couple of days.

...

Where the hell's TPH gone?

So true!

Let me see if I can help, albeit just tentatively.

I have a few options. Perhaps we should have a poll... :P

Has TPH:

- lurked a lot around the toilets last weekend, got lucky/busy and is currently still recovering?

- got really tangled with his network?

- decided to make himself scarse for a while to see if FT would collapse without him?

- come off wine?

- decided not to come back until his car is fixed?

- decided to fix his car by himself?

- give up his pink shirts?

- driven to Holland to buy some dark chocolate?

Posted

You may well find the answer here, Mr LWICD...

www.tph.co.uk

Actually, that stinks of spyware - don't use it!

Mr 'look' or just 'look' works best ;)

that almost sounds like 'liquid' can you change LWICD's name to mr liquid please shunny?

You'll do no such thing, punk. I am lookwhaticando, and I refuse to allow changes! :angry:

:sweating::blush::thumbup:

Posted

Hello all..

Hope that you are all well.

Thought I'd clear this up for you.

I've been extremely busy the last few days/last week. My network at work is pretty much complete. I'm on holiday next week so there was some pressure for me to not only get the network built and running this week but also to get enough of my 'insurance' work done that as far as my 'departments' are concerned, we are a week ahead. I'm not there yet... but my first SBS2003 installation has gone fairly well. The appropriate people have vpn, SQL and Exchange are working fine, the bespoke back office insurance system is up and running and is much quicker than before (on our p2p network)... I've actually quite enjoyed setting it up, with a few exceptions like when I was making my own network cable and just couldn't get some lengths to work, trying to convince a samsungclp600N network printer that it's name was not 'PRINTER_NAME' - but it still won't have it.

I'm in early this morning to whack the various quote engines and necessary shared docs on the server to be available to everyone and then ensure the VPN with our software guy is working, then I'm off on holiday on Saturday.

I have a pile of insurance work which is very large to do today as well and much of it became urgent some time earlier this week or in some cases, last week.

In addition to work commitments, I have been busy with driving my brother around who is staying with us at the moment to see various agencies/attend interviews - that kind of thing. I have also tended to spend my evenings sharing cheese and wine with big bro rather than coming on here.

Hope it's a bit nicer wherever you lot are, it's effing horrible here at the moment. So much rain and coldness. Still, when you're about to go on holiday, it's what you want I suppose!

I have one question with regards to my networking which I imagine Cisono and/or others can help me with.. It's not so much something I don't know HOW to do... but what is the BEST way to do something, what is standard practice? The thing is I have so far only shared the back office system, which I mapped to drive t: on the server and have linked this in on each workstation. If I wanted to map in say... a shared documents folder which people could write to/retreive files from and a few quote engines, should I give these different 'drives'? Eg r:, k:, l:, q:, whatever?

Thanks in advance if anybody can help (pm is fine if you don't want to take this thread further in to the numb, grey abyss which is my real, dull, life.

Posted

Hello all..

Hope that you are all well.

Thought I'd clear this up for you.

I've been extremely busy the last few days/last week. My network at work is pretty much complete. I'm on holiday next week so there was some pressure for me to not only get the network built and running this week but also to get enough of my 'insurance' work done that as far as my 'departments' are concerned, we are a week ahead. I'm not there yet... but my first SBS2003 installation has gone fairly well. The appropriate people have vpn, SQL and Exchange are working fine, the bespoke back office insurance system is up and running and is much quicker than before (on our p2p network)... I've actually quite enjoyed setting it up, with a few exceptions like when I was making my own network cable and just couldn't get some lengths to work, trying to convince a samsungclp600N network printer that it's name was not 'PRINTER_NAME' - but it still won't have it.

I'm in early this morning to whack the various quote engines and necessary shared docs on the server to be available to everyone and then ensure the VPN with our software guy is working, then I'm off on holiday on Saturday.

I have a pile of insurance work which is very large to do today as well and much of it became urgent some time earlier this week or in some cases, last week.

In addition to work commitments, I have been busy with driving my brother around who is staying with us at the moment to see various agencies/attend interviews - that kind of thing. I have also tended to spend my evenings sharing cheese and wine with big bro rather than coming on here.

Hope it's a bit nicer wherever you lot are, it's effing horrible here at the moment. So much rain and coldness. Still, when you're about to go on holiday, it's what you want I suppose!

I have one question with regards to my networking which I imagine Cisono and/or others can help me with.. It's not so much something I don't know HOW to do... but what is the BEST way to do something, what is standard practice? The thing is I have so far only shared the back office system, which I mapped to drive t: on the server and have linked this in on each workstation. If I wanted to map in say... a shared documents folder which people could write to/retreive files from and a few quote engines, should I give these different 'drives'? Eg r:, k:, l:, q:, whatever?

Thanks in advance if anybody can help (pm is fine if you don't want to take this thread further in to the numb, grey abyss which is my real, dull, life.

:yawn:

*Falls asleep on keyboard*

Posted

Hello all..

Hope that you are all well.

Thought I'd clear this up for you.

I've been extremely busy the last few days/last week. My network at work is pretty much complete. I'm on holiday next week so there was some pressure for me to not only get the network built and running this week but also to get enough of my 'insurance' work done that as far as my 'departments' are concerned, we are a week ahead. I'm not there yet... but my first SBS2003 installation has gone fairly well. The appropriate people have vpn, SQL and Exchange are working fine, the bespoke back office insurance system is up and running and is much quicker than before (on our p2p network)... I've actually quite enjoyed setting it up, with a few exceptions like when I was making my own network cable and just couldn't get some lengths to work, trying to convince a samsungclp600N network printer that it's name was not 'PRINTER_NAME' - but it still won't have it.

I'm in early this morning to whack the various quote engines and necessary shared docs on the server to be available to everyone and then ensure the VPN with our software guy is working, then I'm off on holiday on Saturday.

I have a pile of insurance work which is very large to do today as well and much of it became urgent some time earlier this week or in some cases, last week.

In addition to work commitments, I have been busy with driving my brother around who is staying with us at the moment to see various agencies/attend interviews - that kind of thing. I have also tended to spend my evenings sharing cheese and wine with big bro rather than coming on here.

Hope it's a bit nicer wherever you lot are, it's effing horrible here at the moment. So much rain and coldness. Still, when you're about to go on holiday, it's what you want I suppose!

I have one question with regards to my networking which I imagine Cisono and/or others can help me with.. It's not so much something I don't know HOW to do... but what is the BEST way to do something, what is standard practice? The thing is I have so far only shared the back office system, which I mapped to drive t: on the server and have linked this in on each workstation. If I wanted to map in say... a shared documents folder which people could write to/retreive files from and a few quote engines, should I give these different 'drives'? Eg r:, k:, l:, q:, whatever?

Thanks in advance if anybody can help (pm is fine if you don't want to take this thread further in to the numb, grey abyss which is my real, dull, life.

Jim, are you looking at having a mapped drive with specified folders i/e for different users?

Posted

Yes. I think so. :whistle:

Maybe map a U Drive (for users) and create individual folders within the folder for all the users you have.

Posted

This is what I have done. My colleagues have ALL asked me where their documents have gone. I said, well did you back up the ones you wanted like I asked before you took your computer apart.

All but one looked at me blankly, the other one used the classic 'I thought you were going to do that...'

I love work.

Posted

Although it has to be said, I have quite enjoyed the whole process and think I've learnt a lot from doing it.

Always picking up skills me. An employer's dream.

You have a prominent member mate. Or you are one. I get confused. :blink:

Posted

My member is anything but prominent.

Perhaps you were thinking of premature.

Glad to hear TPH is still alive and well.

Not so sure I needed to know abou the premature bit :ph34r::P

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...