Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Head Honcho

Ticket allocation

Not sure whether this should be in the tickets forum :unsure:

Is our away ticket allocation getting lower?

I can remember the days when we'd take 3000/4000 easy to Birmingham.

It's not just us. Whenever teams visit the Walkers their allocation doesn't seem to be what it once was :unsure:

Maybe away support all round is not what it once was.

I suppose going to home games is expensive enough and people just can't afford to do both these days!

Some clubs operate on a sale and non-return basis, meaning that if the away club doesn't sell the allocation given, they then have to pay for the remaining unsold tickets - therefore the club makes a loss.

So that's why you tend to see a low initial allocation given to us, with the option of providing more if the demand is there.

I remember this was an issue at the end of the 2003/2004 season when we played Arsenal at Highbury. It was the last game of the season, which tends to be a sell out. The club didn't take the full allocation of tickets, despite the demand being there, which caused a bit of an uproar.

i bought tickets for west brom today and it was a little sad to hear that leicester had only been allocated 2,000 for saturdays game and were still over 700 short of that in sales. and its not even that far

definitely over the past few years city's away support has declined probably due to the indifferent displays.

i remember thousands going to coventry, forest, liverpool even port vale!!!

the club put it down to high prices and while this is true you cant help but think the team not doing so well hasnt helped?

i bought tickets for west brom today and it was a little sad to hear that leicester had only been allocated 2,000 for saturdays game and were still over 700 short of that in sales. and its not even that far

definitely over the past few years city's away support has declined probably due to the indifferent displays.

the club put it down to high prices and while this is true you cant help but think the team not doing so well hasnt helped?

It inevitably makes a huge difference. It's the same with our home attendances.

Being unable to pay on the day has made a big difference as well imo.

I can remember when I was a nipper going to work on the market every morning before school to earn enough to be able to go on the Saturday.

All you had to do was turn up on Humberstone Gate and find a coach that wasn't full and pay on the gate................

...........all for a shilling, and you still had change for a bag of chips :ph34r:

Being unable to pay on the day has made a big difference as well imo.

I was saying to the Missus on Saturday how I doubt you could turn up to an England match now and pay on the gate like we did some years ago to see the Argentine team spit all over 'our Garry' (copyright Cilla).

At the dumb prices being charged by other clubs, plus transport, plus the rest ~ I can't afford to travel away. I'll go to the games in and around Brum because they're local...but that'll be it for me.

If I do an away game these days, I have to justify it as being enjoyable in some way. That is to say, as you can't guarantee a good atmosphere, enjoying the game etc, you have to hedge your bets by also have a big night out, perhaps necessitating a hotel stay etc.

Needless to say, this could get very expensive.

Home games are hardly cheap either.

If I do an away game these days, I have to justify it as being enjoyable in some way. That is to say, as you can't guarantee a good atmosphere, enjoying the game etc, you have to hedge your bets by also have a big night out, perhaps necessitating a hotel stay etc.

Needless to say, this could get very expensive.

Home games are hardly cheap either.

Save money, take a tent - the toilets (empty beer cans) are close by as well :P

The basic problem to lower attendances away and at home are due to ticket prices.

I get the feeling that the Fa are making us pay for the uverspending on Wembley and paying Sven off :mad::mad: their mistakes are costing us something had to be done!!! :mad:

I get the feeling that the Fa are making us pay for the uverspending on Wembley and paying Sven off :mad::mad: their mistakes are costing us something had to be done!!! :mad:

I agree that something has to be done, but I just can't see anyone that's in a high-enough position that will do anything about it :(:cry:

It has nothing to do with the FA, the premier & football league are seperate entities and only have to abide by FIFA/FA directives in certain specific areas such as the rules of the game. How they actually manage their leagues in terms of charges for attendance is down to them not the FA.

I agree that something has to be done, but I just can't see anyone that's in a high-enough position that will do anything about it :(:cry:

As DavieG says.

It's the players and their agents that are more responsible.

Wembley is a fixed price contract.

It still went up several times before it was fixed, it's overspending in the sense that they are spending more than they can afford or should and is one of the main contributing factors to the curtailing of the National Football Academy build.

Archived