Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lookwhaticando

Kelly's pre-match on World.

It's the wages we can't afford!!

Surely we can afford his wages, he is our player and we don't have any other loanees in. RK wouldn't have got 4 players in the summer if he knew we wouldn't have enough money to keep the rest of the squad. If, in fact you are correct, I will be terribly worried about the financial state of the club.

Is that the truth though? I thought the reason was that both wanted to leave, especially Gerrbrand, and RK did not particularly need them in the squad.

The chairman was quoted in the Merc last week (it's on here somewhere) that the 4 players RK signed were not even in the original budget, so yes our finances are that bad. Unless someones telling porkies.

We're paying most of MDV's wages at the moment anyway...

However, I suspect that we don't have a recall clause on him, seeing as Kelly made it clear he wasn't in his plans at the start of the season.

I'm not going to pretend it upsets me, cos it doesn't. Quite frankly, he is pretty poor, and, like all of the strikers we have in the squad atm, he himself needs service in order to score goals. If our strikers aren't scoring due to lack of service, I can't see how MDV would do better than them.

We're paying most of MDV's wages at the moment anyway...

However, I suspect that we don't have a recall clause on him, seeing as Kelly made it clear he wasn't in his plans at the start of the season.

If were still paying his wages, then we must have a recall clause. You dont give away a player to another club, pay his wages and then give the other club the right to stop him going back. Only a bunch of complete Idiots would agree.............oh hang on a minute.

If were still paying his wages, then we must have a recall clause. You dont give away a player to another club, pay his wages and then give the other club the right to stop him going back. Only a bunch of complete Idiots would agree.............oh hang on a minute.

7 games in and MDV is our saviour...we're fu*ked.

i'd rather give Louis Dodds or Ashley Chambers a chance if we are that desperate

Yes because they have experience scoring goals at this level don't they?

RK is showing another sign he is no different to the previous manager, sheer stubborness to admit he has cocked up. Despite MdV faults he is more likely to score us goals than O'Grady, Dodds or Chambers at this level.

RK is showing another sign he is no different to the previous manager, sheer stubborness to admit he has cocked up. Despite MdV faults he is more likely to score us goals than O'Grady, Dodds or Chambers at this level.

Why's that?

sometimes you have to take a chance on players. Owen and Rooney didnt have experience of scoring goals till they played (shit i'm sounding like thracian)

Exactly where do you ever expect emerging players to learn to score goals "at this level"?

I'm not going to pretend it upsets me, cos it doesn't. Quite frankly, he is pretty poor, and, like all of the strikers we have in the squad atm, he himself needs service in order to score goals. If our strikers aren't scoring due to lack of service, I can't see how MDV would do better than them.

Judging by the hull match i dont think the service is the problem im afraid, were making al the chances but our strikers seem to have the ability to miss when there on the goal line. we simply need our strikers to find some confidence and they will spark into action, strikers are like singers they are egomaniacs and when there ego is low and things dont go right they dig themselves bigger wholes until they are releived by a goal.

Judging by the hull match i dont think the service is the problem im afraid, were making al the chances but our strikers seem to have the ability to miss when there on the goal line. we simply need our strikers to find some confidence and they will spark into action, strikers are like singers they are egomaniacs and when there ego is low and things dont go right they dig themselves bigger wholes until they are releived by a goal.

Certainly those who miss the chances have to shoulder some of the blame but overall this season, the service from midfield has been awful.

Archived