Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

Songs you've learned to love

You know how it is, the first time you hear it not only do you not see what the fuss is all about, you actually hate it. It's rubbish, or boring, or derivative. And then one day you hear it again and it's instantly one of your favourite songs.

I remember seeing The Delays on Top of the Pops a year or two ago doing a song called Valentine. At the time I thought it was really annoying. Then last weekend I went to Sheffield, went out to the Leadmill and they let us in to catch the last few songs of the band that were playing live before the club night. It was The Delays and they did a couple of songs and then went off but for the encore they came back and did Valentine. It was awesome. The crowd were lapping it up and the band looked like they were really enjoying the moment. It was one of the best atmospheres at a gig I've ever seen (perhaps easier to take in as a casual observer from the sidelines). Just downloaded it and it was always remind me of that moment. The chorus is pure joy.

I think sometimes when a band or a song wins you over it makes them all the more special.

You?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived