Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
holly

weso

As I posted elsewhere yesterday, Weso was in line for a place in the 16 (possibly the starting 11) on Tuesday night until a hamstring went a bit funny on him.

Mild injury, supposedly, probably won't make this weekend, but may be free on Tuesday (if it's as mild as I'm assuming from the way it was detailed by RK).

Both, I think... didn't he have the runs, and something was wrong with his leg as well?

That bug affected the squad a couple of weeks ago. It had mostly gone around the time of the Birmingham game, with a few exceptions. It must have cleared up by now - two weeks later. ;)

A contradiction in terms don't you think? :ph34r:

:P:sweating::thumbup:

These are silly little ones those, partly as a hangover from the broken legs, partly through possibly still gowing and partly because he puts so much onto his game, Gerrard was always injured at the same age, it hasn't hampered his career.

Weso to be worked on by the physio until Tuesday, when he has a fitness test and comes through it extremely fresh and ready to go. He then gives an inspired performance against Villa which gets the entire ground singing in unison for the first time in ages, as City march into the next round of the cup :P You heard it here first ;)

(don't hate me if it doesn't turn out exactly this way)

It's so annoying, all these little injuries he keeps getting. The lad deserves a good crack at first team football. I would love him to return against Villa and show the country that's he's the real deal.

What, and have Chelski tap him up and drag him out in January? :ph34r:

:P

I do agree though. Once he's over his little injuries, he'll get a good run at things, and he'll solve part of our midfield problem for sure. :thumbup:

I've never heard such nonsense. How is Weso going to be fit. And why play a half-fit Weso when you could play Porter, Tiatto or King?. Wese wants short spells from the bench to build his confidence.

You forgot Hughes. :ph34r:

No way Weso will start. Might be on the bench and could conceivably manage the last 20 or so I would imagine.

I've never heard such nonsense. How is Weso going to be fit. And why play a half-fit Weso when you could play Porter, Tiatto or King?. Wese wants short spells from the bench to build his confidence.

King? i dont think he will be making a breakthrough anytime soon.

And short spells from the bench is what he will get. To have him start would be ridiculous, and it's not likely.

This is RK we're talking about - a very cautious chap. He's not going to throw in Weso immediately, he's been saying all along it's important to ease him back in. He's the same chap who has played down the importance of Weso since before pre-season!

If he's fit, he'll make the bench and may get some time in around the 70-75 minute mark. ;)

No way Weso will start. Might be on the bench and could conceivably manage the last 20 or so I would imagine.

That's how read it. 'Involved' or 'feature' usually means he'll make the bench and he will replace Tiatto or Hughes with about 20 to go. :thumbup:

I didn't forget Hughes. I just wrote down the next three best midfielders assuming Weso would be out. :whistle::):):)

But of course Hughes will be in there. If Kelly's manager in 2020, Hughes will still be in there I'd imagine.

I didn't forget Hughes. I just wrote down the next three best midfielders assuming Weso would be out. :whistle::):):)

But of course Hughes will be in there. If Kelly's manager in 2020, Hughes will still be in there I'd imagine.

:laugh: Hughes will be, what, 37? He'll be a promising youngster playing for a Micky Adams team.

Archived