Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lookwhaticando

Crystal Palace Match Thread

Tiatto had to be motm for me... Won pretty much all of his challenges, didn't really stop running, closed most things down, and even managed to get forward and help with the attacks. Huuuuuuume was pretty good again, his control looked impressive as did his running on and off the ball, and he took his penalty well. Hammond is Jeckyll and Hyde in a game, good sometimes but terrible also at times. Nils still can't pass a ball. Josh Low needs to pick a player out with his crosses and attack defenders with purpose. Sylla did 1 good run and 1 good bit of control but was otherwise just as useless as always. Hughes wasn't impressive, but he wasn't the worst player on the pitch. Kisnorbo + McAuley were rarely troubled today and looked quite solid again. Stearman was a bit put of sorts but never stopped trying. Logan didn't have much to do but got out extremely well in a 1 on 1 situation and also made a decent reflex save in a dull second half.

Just got in from the game. I didn't think we were bad today; we had large spells of posession but never REALLY looked like bagging a goal (apart from the pen).

Tiatto was motm today, he bossed the midfield, much better than when he was on the wing. But with Hughes drifting in and out of the match it was hard to produce many clear-cut chances (although both Elvis and Hume were unlucky with a few dubious offsides). Elvis and Hume worked their socks off; although Elvis did get a bit of stick for wasting the ball in good positions. But too often the gap between attack and midfielf was too big.Welsh was good, whereas Low was pi ss poor today- he looked noticably outclassed by the rest of the players.

For the first time today the defence looked a little suspect- particularly McAuley who had to be helped out by his keeper (who saved a certain goal) and Nisse on two occassions. Nils was fairly solid- his passing seems better (apart from one notable wayward pass to Welsh when he was in a good position). Stearman had a bit of mare defensively but going forward was OK.

Altogther a good point, against an average Palace side, although I wish we'd seen some of O'Grady or Weso towards the end to liven things up a bit.

I'm dissapointed with the result today and was quite surprised how poor palace were and I thought we should have won the game but lacked ergency, the amount of times there was plenty of space to pass in yet they took too much time on the ball. But looking at the bigger picture unbeaten in 7 is pretty impressive and quite a turn around in a short space of time.

Thought we could've won but, we did well!

Could have won with the chances we created, but we just need to ATTACK THE SPACE when it is there and put our chances away when they're relatively easy (e.g. Elvis' open goal and Low's(?) header)

Archived