Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Milky

Josh Low

see! he is a champion :rolleyes:

Reading Champions 2005

joshlow.jpg

Josh Low

Reading Champion Josh Low

Josh is a Reading Champion for Leicester City, having transferred from Northampton Town, where he was originally nominated as a Reading Champion.

Q: What memories do you have of reading or being read to when you were a child?

A: "My mum used to read to me as a child, my first memories of reading myself come from school."

Q: Can you name a book(s) that particularly inspired you to keep reading as a child? Are there any children's books that you would recommend?

A: "As a child I used to read a lot of comics and also I enjoyed football annuals and books. I would recommend any child to read about subjects they enjoy and are interested in, don't read something because somebody else enjoyed it, read about what interests you."

Q: What do you get out of helping children with their reading?

A: "Helping children to read enhances their enjoyment of reading and opens up new opportunities to them. This is something we would all like to offer to any child, and I will always try and do this."

Q: How did you get involved with helping children with their reading?

A: "I have a son who is three years old so I am always trying to encourage him to read."

Q: How do you encourage boys and young men in particular to read?

A: "I would advise that anybody read about subjects they enjoy, this, I believe is the best way to encourage reading as an enjoyable activity."

Q: What books do you enjoy reading for yourself? Are there any particular titles that you would recommend? Magazines, websites or newspapers.

A: "I enjoy autobiographies of sports people. I also enjoy real life stories of adventures and expeditions like Endurance by Alfred Lansing. I like to read books by John Grisham as I enjoy courtroom dramas and find these books to be very well written."

Q: What else do you enjoy reading? Magazines, websites or newspapers?

A: "I read magazines such as Four Four Two, What Car. I read newspapers like the Sun, Sports first, the Times."

http://www.literacytrust.org.uk/campaign/c...05/joshlow.html

Archived