Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Joe.

QPR fans

What kind of comment is this Thracian? Oh, I forgot, everyone should speak English right...and it's wrong for them not to :rolleyes::doh:

Yes they should tbh, when in Rome do as the romans do im afraid esp if they live here. I heard the other day an Asian women has lived here for over 30 years and still cant speak our mother tongue its a disgrace, Integration at its best. :rolleyes:

Yes they should tbh, when in Rome do as the romans do im afraid esp if they live here. I heard the other day an Asian women has lived here for over 30 years and still cant speak our mother tongue its a disgrace, Integration at its best. :rolleyes:

Get a grip and stop mixing scenarios...I lived in South America for nigh-on six years ~ it didn't mean that I had to spend every waking minute conversing in ****ing Spanish! Maybe if some people had tried a little harder at school that might find learning languages interesting and challenging.

The world does not revolve around England.

QPR fans were sh it.

A few years ago there was a great atmosphere from the home end down there.

I think its the problem with most club who had a good patch.

The atmosphere goes sour when there not doing so well.

Could name a few clubs (Us, Ipswich....)

Get a grip and stop mixing scenarios...I lived in South America for nigh-on six years ~ it didn't mean that I had to spend every waking minute conversing in ****ing Spanish! Maybe if some people had tried a little harder at school that might find learning languages interesting and challenging.

The world does not revolve around England.

I beg to differ. ;)

the english get slated for going abroad on holidays and not learning the language, i personally make an effort to do so...but these people LIVE here, i can't imagine what it would be like living in a country where you can't speak the language and don't make much of an effort to try. my mate who came down to london with me this weekend is half polish and found it very annoying that poles asking us for help didn't try to speak english and just got lucky on the fact he speaks their language. its just my personal opinion but i think its feckin disgraceful

as for QPR fans, i bet stoke will say we are the worst fans tomorrow night, then us saying Sheff Wed fans are shit on saturday.....home fans in general are shit nowadays

What makes me laugh is that people think us Brits have every right to go and retire to Spain/Greece/Cyprus/Portugal/Canaries without the need to learn another language.

People from other countries learn English so we don't have to learn theirs. They all know that students from England spend their lessons in german/french/spanish drawing bell ends in their text books ! :thumbup:

I've no idea what thousands of emigrants think.

But for this Brit, I have no desire to retire anywhere but England thanks. In fact I've little inclination to put up with the ever increasing trials of travelling abroad at all nowadays.

Good for you.
the english get slated for going abroad on holidays and not learning the language, i personally make an effort to do so...but these people LIVE here, i can't imagine what it would be like living in a country where you can't speak the language and don't make much of an effort to try. my mate who came down to london with me this weekend is half polish and found it very annoying that poles asking us for help didn't try to speak english and just got lucky on the fact he speaks their language. its just my personal opinion but i think its feckin disgraceful

I was making the point that numerous Brits go and live abroad, and don't bother to learn any of the lingo. Glass houses and all that.

Good for you.

I was making the point that numerous Brits go and live abroad, and don't bother to learn any of the lingo. Glass houses and all that.

i agree, but the two wrongs don't make either party's wrong any more right.

back on topic, QPRs fans and ground were indeed a little bit poop

Good for you.

Never met one yet but I'm sure they exist if you say so. In any case it's a long way from why so many local kids might feel so at home at the football ground...

:dunno: they aren't doing very well and they have just appointed John Gregory as manager, what have they got to sing about?

I wouldn't be so judgemental If I were you, I'd expect most away fans slag our plastic bowl after visiting it. if you see it from their point of view you have a kop that is barely audioable from the other side of the stadium, a few kids to the right hand side and 200 idioits singing "your just a small town in (insert nearest town to team being played)"

Atmosphere and attendances have been slipping for a long time in general.

to be honest if we didnt have L1 we would be a laughing stock IMO.. the kop cant be heard by the away fans full stop and the other end behind the goal is family end...

its abit like what we thought when we went to coventry, luton, derby millwall, sheffield wednesday etc etc... if they didnt have their singers then it would seem there was no-one there :unsure:

The problem today is that with the amount of families and young people going to the games you end up with a worse atmosphere. Many of them just don't want to sing. Couple that with the stadium splitting up large sections of support who used to sit together at Filbert Street in a bigger ground, and that, by and large provides the answer. I'm sure the argument's been done to death though.

On a slightly related point, whilst speaking of Filbo Street, I just watched Leicester Vs Arsenal (the legendary 3-3 draw in 97 with Bergkamps wonder goal and the 94th minute come back!) on ESPN Classic and boy did that bring back some memories! :D

Archived