Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dandannieldanok

Tiatto

Position  

69 members have voted

1. 1. What position do you think Tiatto is most effective in

• Left Mid
    • Left Back
    • Centre Mid
    • Other
    • Shouldn't be in team

Without Weso, we could do with a no-compromises midfielder to tackle the opposition until the cows come home.

This is where Tiatto would prove most useful at this time.

Once Weso is fit, he will have no place in central midfield as Weso should be paired with a creative midfielder such as Williams or, if we have proper wingers who will take on their men, Stearman.

Looks like nay fecker has voted shouldn't be in the team. Wasn't that the overwhelming majority view in the close season?

When you've only got 11 fit players it's him or the tea lady, he just about makes it then. :P

Looks like nay fecker has voted shouldn't be in the team. Wasn't that the overwhelming majority view in the close season?

To be fair everyone has a most effective position, even if they are poor. Shouldn't be in the team shouldn't be an option ;)

I thought he played the left wing role extremely well against Stoke but was quite poor in the middle against QPR. Generally prefer him out wide if we have quality in the middle (i.e. someone other than Johnson).

Against stoke he was calles as being on the left wing but spent more time in the middle I thought. Was even on the right wing sometimes.

Centre mid is probably most sensible, since he likes to roam, likes to get his foot in, and to pass.

I'm really pleased. I've always thought he was a quality player at his best. He had a shocker most of last season with his injuries and over-commitment when he played. But this year, I don't feel worried defending the inevitable mad pass and comically late tackle that he'll always deliver because he has shown why he deserves his place.

He has shown in patches that he can play the left side well - providing he maintains his discipline and position. I thought he played well against Stoke, particularly the first half.

He can do a job in central midfield, but he's not essentially a disciplined defensive/creative attacking midfielder. He can expose us in there with his rash play and thoughtless approach, but would be more effective in a 3 man midfield.

With our full team available, out the team. With all the injuries we have and as back up, centre mid :D

Do not agree. He is in form he should play regardless of returning players. He plays cack, he's out. Anyone noticed that last tuesday we had the lowest possesion for a month's time. And thats because we had no grrr in midfield. Chuck Tiatto out, you wouldnt even get an ergg of activity

The great value of Tiatto is that he's naturally left-footed, he's competitive, has good energy, reasonable control, can take a decent free kick with that left-peg mentioned and is versatile. He's not a one position footballer.

The potential problem when he plays is not so much with Tiatto personally it is with the balance of players who ae combative/creative. If two from Hughes, Wesolowski and Tiatto play in the same central midfield we don't have enough creativity.

Someone, somewhere has to feed the wingers and strikers. And with city having non-passing centre-backs, McAuley excepted, a left-back who despite his improvement is not the greatest passer plus an ineffective right wing, we simply carry too big a burden. Even one creative player - like Williams when fit, would be easily stiffled by a clever coach.

Kelly is doing okay with his "hard-to-beat" and I'd like to think it's a policy limited by his personnel, but I'm not sure about that cos we've never been given the chance to find out.

For sure though it won't give us a top two placing - with such inevitably close games we'll always drop too many points, especially from draws. But we might make the play-offs and then frustrate whoever we play from there.

So who to pick of Tiatto, Hughes and Weso. Again it would depend who else was in the team. There's not an easy answer.

He has proved me wrong after I forever slated him last year. Well done Danny, keep up the hard-work mate !! :thumbup:

If we had a full strength team, I would play welsh left wing, and williams and weso in the middle, but I suppose it's all about opinions :thumbup:

I'm not Tittato's biggest fan but you can't fault his effort even if he is wild at times :P

but I think he is capable of playing either but I wouldn't chose him over Weso in centre mid but seeing as he is always injured then he is good cover for in the Centre because there is always Porter and Welsh to play on the wing.

Archived