Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Defenders

What on earth is going on with us fielding a team of defenders each game. We've only got 2 players out there who can hurt the opposition, the strikers. Only one of whom is a goalscoring threat.

We've been on a fantastic run of late, which is sure to gain confidence in our players. But once again it's been safety first from Kelly. Confidence is easily shattered and putting out a team with so little options to move forward with the ball is the perfect way to shatter players confidence.

How is any team supposed to play football with two banks of defenders?

Whatever happens in the second half, it's unacceptable to be so negative against a team below you in the league, just for 45 minutes.

What on earth is going on with us fielding a team of defenders each game. We've only got 2 players out there who can hurt the opposition, the strikers. Only one of whom is a goalscoring threat.

We've been on a fantastic run of late, which is sure to gain confidence in our players. But once again it's been safety first from Kelly. Confidence is easily shattered and putting out a team with so little options to move forward with the ball is the perfect way to shatter players confidence.

How is any team supposed to play football with two banks of defenders?

Whatever happens in the second half, it's unacceptable to be so negative against a team below you in the league, just for 45 minutes.

This is a major concern.

Is Kelly the only one not seeing that this is plain wrong and not going to work?

I can't undestand the logic, it was that formation that lost us the first two games of the season in such an appalling fashion, why return to a failed methodology - it would be understandable if he hand no other options but we had both Welsh and Sylla available.

The mind boggles it really does.

This is a major concern.

Is Kelly the only one not seeing that this is plain wrong and not going to work?

He'll see it that it has been working, the problem is draws are not going to take you anywhere but mid table at best. He claims that we've got a solid defence but main factor in that is because it seems like we've got 2 back fours. With this set up it's a rare occasion that a so called midfielder makes a run forward to support the attack - and even more so away from home. It's not their fault, they are defensive players put in a false position and just don't have the capabilities to attack/create/support.

I can't undestand the logic, it was that formation that lost us the first two games of the season in such an appalling fashion, why return to a failed methodology - it would be understandable if he hand no other options but we had both Welsh and Sylla available.

The mind boggles it really does.

Exactly, I thought they made a difference when they came on but was too late to get anything out of the game.

Don't lets get carried away,we were beaten by two pieces of slick interplay today and whilst we never played well, particularly in the first half,we did have Wednesday rattled at the end, as confirmed by their (caretaker)Manager on teletext.

Don't lets get carried away,we were beaten by two pieces of slick interplay today and whilst we never played well, particularly in the first half,we did have Wednesday rattled at the end, as confirmed by their (caretaker)Manager on teletext.

Yeah but if we had taken the right approach then we could have had them rattled by making it a home defeat.

They were quicker to us than everything today even the balls that they had no chance of getting.

But when you play a team with only three people that carry a decent bit of pace, what do you expect.

The thing is there was not one area of the pitch that looked solid today, recently we have been solid at the back but today they wern't, what I don't understand is why we still conceded two and looked shakey at the back with so many defensive players in the team.

Tudgay and Burton had more pace,mobilityand confidence than most championship strikers we come up against (or have at our club)

Yeah I supose your right they did have good movement.

True, but nobody was complaining at 3o'clock when the team was announced.I hope and am fairly confident that Kelly will have learnt a lesson today.Pity we all had to suffer it.Next weeks team will be interesting.

link ;)

I had hoped Kelly had learnt from the first 2 games of the season to not even consider that sort of line up again, but the last couple of games he has reverted back to that.

I know what you mean,lets hope he quickly recalls those games.My bet is that Sylla and Welsh will start next week,but probably still with Johnson and Hughes in the centre.(Personally I would go for Stearman and Wesolowski.)

True, but nobody was complaining at 3o'clock when the team was announced.I hope and am fairly confident that Kelly will have learnt a lesson today.Pity we all had to suffer it.Next weeks team will be interesting.

I'd imagine there were many who winced when they heard the team. I know I did.

Archived