Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

McAuley - how did he play?

I'm surprised at the ratings he's received, according to the commentary both Rowett & Barber were forever saying how bad he was and off the pace. Were they exaggerating or was Johnson so bad that he made McAuley look good?

He had an off day , sometimes got wrong side of the man. But you could see he was getting frustrated as he went on a few mad runs , I'd prefer him to Tramp in the midfield.

I thought he was part of a defence that looked very shaky as a whole. The fact that they had no protection in front of them didn't help and it meant McAuley kept making the odd run with the ball into midfield which impressed me that he took it by the scruff of the neck and did that. Probably his poorest game overall in a Leicester shirt though.

As good as those sheep shagging twats Burton and Tudgay were, both of their goals were a result of comical defending on our part, poor marking, positioning and a lack of pace. Mcauley's slow, he can't afford to be out of position, he's impressed me in previous games but he didn't look comfortable at all yesterday.

He did look good in the air as always and didn't waste possession as much as certain members of the team but he was below par overall.

I'm getting the feeling that both the Mc's only look good along side Kiso?

Didn't the McCarthy/McAuley combo look good during Kisnorbo's suspension, though?

I think it's worth keeping in mind that we've now used 3 different CB pairings in the last 3 matches now - perhaps all the changing around has unsettled them a little? :blink:

Didn't the McCarthy/McAuley combo look good during Kisnorbo's suspension, though?

I think it's worth keeping in mind that we've now used 3 different CB pairings in the last 3 matches now - perhaps all the changing around has unsettled them a little? :blink:

And? :unsure: the McCarthy Kisnorbo combo has looked good for nearly a season. Without hicups such as yesterday at Hillsborough.

I thought he was part of a defence that looked very shaky as a whole. The fact that they had no protection in front of them didn't help and it meant McAuley kept making the odd run with the ball into midfield which impressed me that he took it by the scruff of the neck and did that. Probably his poorest game overall in a Leicester shirt though.

happens after red cards doesnt it

And? :unsure: the McCarthy Kisnorbo combo has looked good for nearly a season. Without hicups such as yesterday at Hillsborough.

There's no doubting McCarthy/Kisnorbo has proven itself to be a great pairing over the course of about 8 months already, but until yesterday the occasional McAuley/McCarthy combination had looked pretty solid too.

I think it's a bit early to decide whether Kisnorbo really is the key to defensive bliss - we will only know the truth once the McCarthy/McAuley and McAuley/Kisnorbo combinations get more play time. ;)

There's no doubting Kisnorbo is a classy centre-half, but I think it's a bit harsh on our other two quality centre-halves to assume they're lost without him. That is, until it's proven otherwise over extended periods of time. ;)

Everyone has off-days, i think this was his. He'll be back to normal against Plymouth if Kisnorbo is stil injured. :thumbup:

Which hopefully he will not be. Our defense yesterday was unsually ( :blink: ) awful, and hopefully that was just a temporary dip in form and consistency, 'cos they should be entitled to that every once in a while. McAuley seemed pretty dodgy throughout from what I understand, and it was easy for two mediocre strikers to outfox and outmuscle a defense which has looked solid and been difficult to breech in recent weeks. They'll need to be back in top form against Plymouth though, or otherwise we could be looking at 2 defeats in a week on the back of 8 league games unbeaten

To some extent I've been expecting a ragging before long. One of the commentators mentioned Sheffield taking advantage of our predictable narrowness and if a team gives the ball away as cheaply and consistently as us instead of taking the ball up the attacking end and keeping it there for spells, a defensive cave-in is inevitable before long.

To be fair, Burton and Tudgay are better players than the team they are in. It showed. On top of that (as already mentioned), our midfield is non-existent. It puts too much pressure on the back four. The reason we haven't been found out in recent games has been the fact that most teams in this division are woeful, and once you see any quality, it sticks out like a sore thumb.

Bring on Mandy!

To be fair, Burton and Tudgay are better players than the team they are in. It showed. On top of that (as already mentioned), our midfield is non-existent. It puts too much pressure on the back four. The reason we haven't been found out in recent games has been the fact that most teams in this division are woeful, and once you see any quality, it sticks out like a sore thumb.

Bring on Mandy!

I dunno :unsure: , we had a part to play in making them look good, and where as Tudgay could probably play for a better team than Wednesday Burton is where he belongs IMO, he's just in form at the minute. Saying our midfield had three defensively minded players in it, it didn't help the back four out much, but both goals Tudgay got away from his man, and the second was especially disgraceful

McCauley is a bit of a revelation. i think we all thought of him as back up for the other defenders but he has been excellent but unfortunately on saturday he, along with everyone else, didnt have a good game.

Still he deserves to be in the team. Interesting to see what Kelly does next week. I assume he'll play Kisnorbo

I dunno :unsure: , we had a part to play in making them look good, and where as Tudgay could probably play for a better team than Wednesday Burton is where he belongs IMO, he's just in form at the minute. Saying our midfield had three defensively minded players in it, it didn't help the back four out much, but both goals Tudgay got away from his man, and the second was especially disgraceful

It's easy to say "we made them look good", but I didn't see much different from other recent performances we've had recently. Only difference is, we've been getting points. As Fez says in another thread, it's hard to criticise if you're on an unbeaten run. But as the saying goes "the clues are there".

As for suggesting a player is crap, but then he's on form so he's looking good, I can't see the logic. Of course if he's off form he's going to be crap. Take Henry, he's looking shocking for the Arse yet people would say he oozes quality.

We were beaten on Saturday by a good front two. Simple as.

Sorry but Deon Burton is not a very good player at this level. Wednesday fans have wanted him out for some time and according to the Wednesday fans I know up here, they say he had a massively out of character good performance against us.

Sorry but Deon Burton is not a very good player at this level. Wednesday fans have wanted him out for some time and according to the Wednesday fans I know up here, they say he had a massively out of character good performance against us.
He always seems to play well against us. Bit like you know Fuller will score against us, etc etc.

It's easy to say "we made them look good", but I didn't see much different from other recent performances we've had recently. Only difference is, we've been getting points. As Fez says in another thread, it's hard to criticise if you're on an unbeaten run. But as the saying goes "the clues are there".

As for suggesting a player is crap, but then he's on form so he's looking good, I can't see the logic. Of course if he's off form he's going to be crap. Take Henry, he's looking shocking for the Arse yet people would say he oozes quality.

We were beaten on Saturday by a good front two. Simple as.

I didn't say we made them look good and said we had a hand in making them look good, , their first goal was very well made, but I see no excuse for Marcus Tudgay standing on our penalty spot unmarked for the second. Someone should of got a foot in! Failing that at least put pressure on him!

The team came in for a fair bit or criticism after the Stoke game I think, the clues were most definitely there. We were worse against Wednesday IMO (until we bought the subs on that is) The defence was a bit soft the midfield was none existent and we (as always) lacked ideas going forwards.

As far as the form things, Burton is playing reasonable well at the moment but generally you wont see that from Deon Burton every week.

I didn't say we made them look good and said we had a hand in making them look good, ,

I made a general point. It is quite common for some people to fail to acknowledge that the opposition might actually have something better than anything we've got. It was following on from the point you had made. Just because you have been quoted, it does not mean the point being made by the quoter is aimed at you. FFS, how many people click on "quote" instead of "add reply"?

their first goal was very well made, but I see no excuse for Marcus Tudgay standing on our penalty spot unmarked for the second. Someone should of got a foot in! Failing that at least put pressure on him!

Who is making excuses?

The team came in for a fair bit or criticism after the Stoke game I think, the clues were most definitely there. We were worse against Wednesday IMO (until we bought the subs on that is) The defence was a bit soft the midfield was none existent and we (as always) lacked ideas going forwards.

I don't think we were any worse. IMO we've plateaued, and any bit of quality will slice through us like a hot knife in butter. I am not looking forward to playing Cardiff, for example. It's just there's enough crap in this division for us to get results.

As far as the form things, Burton is playing reasonable well at the moment but generally you wont see that from Deon Burton every week.

As I'm not a Wednesday fan, you are quite right. :P

Archived