Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes_Trust

Takeover Bid - Trust Update

My point is you don't have to be Abramovich to actually put in your own cash in equity and share the risks of the club.

You also, don't have to put your own money in to make a successful football club. Ok, providing the club with loans holds a certain risk. But the loans will be from his own money, which he'll lend the club. As he'll be the owner, it is in his interests to make this club profitable so he doesn't lose out on his money. Ok, he could start selling off our assets, etc but I doubt he'd do this. He's never done this at any of the other clubs he's owned and that's all we can go on.

Football clubs live beyond their means, they always have done. Our current board have ran a fairly tight ship over the past few years and due to administration haven't been able to take many risks. But it's starting to show that without money, we'll never compete with the best clubs in this league or in the premiership. Now, unless we can find someone who has a lot of money and is willing to put it in to the club then Milan Mandaric is probably the best option we'll ever get.

He has a good reputation in football and he wouldn't want to ruin that by ruining our football club, he may be old but he's not senile I don't think. So he knows what he is doing.

You also, don't have to put your own money in to make a successful football club. Ok, providing the club with loans holds a certain risk. But the loans will be from his own money, which he'll lend the club. As he'll be the owner, it is in his interests to make this club profitable so he doesn't lose out on his money. Ok, he could start selling off our assets, etc but I doubt he'd do this. He's never done this at any of the other clubs he's owned and that's all we can go on.

Football clubs live beyond their means, they always have done. Our current board have ran a fairly tight ship over the past few years and due to administration haven't been able to take many risks. But it's starting to show that without money, we'll never compete with the best clubs in this league or in the premiership. Now, unless we can find someone who has a lot of money and is willing to put it in to the club then Milan Mandaric is probably the best option we'll ever get.

He has a good reputation in football and he wouldn't want to ruin that by ruining our football club, he may be old but he's not senile I don't think. So he knows what he is doing.

I take your point and there's no doubt we could do with some cash but moneyless Leicester are still a mere four points off the play-off places having performed like a registered charity this season.

We have continually drawn games we should have won and continually included players who shouldn't be selected.

Our cautious tactics and the selection handicap we always give ourselves have been every bit as much to blame for us not being in the top six as lack of money.

Even with money, I cannot imagine us doing better on the same approach because everytime we get a lead we try to stick on it, which is quite simply a flawed policy.

If I detailed the points that have been lost in this way it would be dramatic, especially in terms of our League placing. But Plymouth, Wednesday, QPR, Sunderland and WBA spring to mind and I believe Colchester and Hull might also add to the case.

I'm still unsure whether Kelly needs understanding because he's still learning as a manager or whether his principles are so rigid he can't see beyond them. And if I were his chairman, I'd want to find out.

You can either say our manager has done well to get an ordinary team well enough organised to compete against anyone. Or you could wonder if he underrates what we've got and the negative selections/tactics it produces at times - has stopped the team performing as well as it could.

I take your point and there's no doubt we could do with some cash but moneyless Leicester are still a mere four points off the play-off places having performed like a registered charity this season.

We have continually drawn games we should have won and continually included players who shouldn't be selected.

Our cautious tactics and the selection handicap we always give ourselves have been every bit as much to blame for us not being in the top six as lack of money.

Even with money, I cannot imagine us doing better on the same approach because everytime we get a lead we try to stick on it, which is quite simply a flawed policy.

If I detailed the points that have been lost in this way it would be dramatic, especially in terms of our League placing. But Plymouth, Wednesday, QPR, Sunderland and WBA spring to mind and I believe Colchester and Hull might also add to the case.

I'm still unsure whether Kelly needs understanding because he's still learning as a manager or whether his principles are so rigid he can't see beyond them. And if I were his chairman, I'd want to find out.

You can either say our manager has done well to get an ordinary team well enough organised to compete against anyone. Or you could wonder if he underrates what we've got and the negative selections/tactics it produces at times - has stopped the team performing as well as it could.

There an argumnet in there that we need a new Chairman to demand some attacking tactics.

I'm not going to disagree with you, but plenty of clubs in our position could say the same. They all believe that if they tailored their tactics, squad selection, etc a little then they'd about be on track for promotion. It doesn't work for everyone as there's usually only 2 or 3 promotion places up for grabs in each league.

Also, perhaps we need some money to attract a manager who could do all the above. Therefore we need an owner who can aid us to do this.

Archived