Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes_Trust

Takeover Bid - Trust Update

Why are the FT hell bent on Ground Share? Its going to be great isnt it looking at our carpet pitch turned into a mud bath - No (arsenal stylee) slick pasing movement in stead a bobbly pitch encouraging long ball!

I think the FT should get the money back for their shares and f off to welford road open up a Hotdog stand and w ank over cauliflour!

Let's cast our mind back to how the current regime assumed control in the first place.

They didn't come out of the sky, but only took charge after a very rigorous and democratic process, something that will in all probabilty not happen with their successor.

Once the club was in administration there was mounting pressure from fans, led (lest we forget) by the newly formed FOXES Trust for a new consortium to be formed. Gary Lineker to his credit, took the lead on this, and helped put together this very body, some of whose members, including Tim Davies, went to considerable lengths to raise their share of the capital.

The consortium not only had to persuade the administrators that their bid was viable, by presenting them with a detailed business plan, but they also had to reach agreement with the creditors of the defunct plc. As a result ALL creditors, including all the season-ticket holders of the time (who numbered around 18000), were sent details of the plan and were asked to give assent. Given that the only alternative on offer was the extinction of the club, most of us gladly did so. So to claim that the fans have never had a say in who controls the club, as a previous poster did, is simply not true.

Four years on, and yes it could be argued that the terms of the business plan were too stringent and that the consortium underestimated the level of investment required not only to reach the Premiership, but to stay there. Indeed, this has been at the root of the club's present difficulties both on and off the park.

So that's all the more reason why any present bid, from whatever source, should be properly scrutinised. If prospective bidders aren't willing to agree to that, they are not fit and proper persons to run this football club.

Why are the FT hell bent on Ground Share? Its going to be great isnt it looking at our carpet pitch turned into a mud bath - No (arsenal stylee) slick pasing movement in stead a bobbly pitch encouraging long ball!

I think the FT should get the money back for their shares and f off to welford road open up a Hotdog stand and w ank over cauliflour!

I wish some people would ascertain the facts, they are out there before coming on here and spouting untruths.

They're not - all they've done is ask their members whether they would prefer a groundshare, if it was an option as opposed to a non LCFC fan owning the club - I believe the majority said no groundshare.

The Foxes Trust is beginning to really get on my nerves now. You don't do what the fans want, you do what you want. We all want Milan Mandaric to take over so stop trying to talk us out of it.

To make it clear, the Foxes Trust is not backing or opposing any bid at this point until we have sufficient information to make an informed decision.

FFS How does that imply they don't want MM to take over, they are niether for or against.

Why don't you read what they've said before jumping to conclusions, it might save some wear and tear on your nerves.

I wish some people would ascertain the facts, they are out there before coming on here and spouting untruths.

They're not - all they've done is ask their members whether they would prefer a groundshare, if it was an option as opposed to a non LCFC fan owning the club - I believe the majority said no groundshare.

I think alot of people are baseing their opinions on the clanger the FT dropped on RL. ("last chance for the tigers") which you have to admit could of been worded alot better.

I think alot of people are baseing their opinions on the clanger the FT dropped on RL. ("last chance for the tigers") which you have to admit could of been worded alot better.

True, as I've said their communication skills are worse than shit.

moaning on here about the FT when they aren't members is unjustifiable.

Disagree.

Maybe more people would be members if they thought the FT were (or could be) a valid voice in LCFC matters.

I'm fairly sure that neither you or I are members of the BNP but we would both criticise them and whilst not being a member of the FT, I reserve my right to criticise them too.

Disagree.

Maybe more people would be members if they thought the FT were (or could be) a valid voice in LCFC matters.

I'm fairly sure that neither you or I are members of the BNP but we would both criticise them and whilst not being a member of the FT, I reserve my right to criticise them too.

With all do respect, even though you may be right in priniciple that is not a very good example, your reasons for not joining the FT can hardly be in the same league as your reasons for not joining BNP.

This is all starting to piss me off now.

it seems to me as if everyone involved in this takeover bid. (the FT and the board especially) seem to be looking out for number one. They all seem more concerned with what the implications of a takeover will have for them instead of thinking of what the posotive effect on the club will be.

If they really cared about this football club then they would of accepted the mandaric bid by now, instead of discussions about ground share's and other mysterious bids, which it is clear the fans DO NOT WANT!

The FT are supposed to be the voice of the fans. Why don't they listen to what the fans want and act upon it?? Don't they realise that they are alienating themselves from the people who really matter, THE FANS!

The fans will be here a long after tim davies has gone, long after mandaric, and long after anyone else who may come and go. But us fans do not have a say in what happens to our great club. We pay our money, we travel from one end of the country to another in support of our team, and we are rewarded with what? A trust who don't listen to our views, a chairman who gives away thousands of free tickets while we continue to pay! I say the sooner OUR club is out of THEIR hands the better. We must unite at the game today and show them what the fans really want, and not what the FT says we do. because after all this is OUR CLUB and noone else's. lets take it back!!!

just a thought :ph34r:

1 word OTT. we are talking about buying a football club not a loaf of bread. Do you know how long it takes to buy a house for example? n

I think Milan will buy the club, lets look at it from his point of view. He is a business man. He makes money thats his job. He has looked at leicester city and the the team....ok, the managment.....ok/stable the infrastructure......lacking, the ground .... a bargian for £15m, fanbase 30,000

So now he thinks ok this sounds nice lets have a look. He then sees the savoiurs put in £5m Lets bid £3m to get the ball rolling. Now the board say its not enough they want their money back....milan ups his bid to £6m the share holders are happy. No businessman is going to bid the asking price + more form the off, it just does not work like that. Next of all in the proposal milan will state he will buy the stadium for £14m or so. he has the club including a nice new modern ground for £20m or so. not bad for a potental fan base of around 30,000.

if he gets us promoted and we stick for 5 or so seasons he will sell us for atleast a £10m profit.

These things take time. Be paitent and blessed we have this opportunity.

With all do respect, even though you may be right in priniciple that is not a very good example, your reasons for not joining the FT can hardly be in the same league as your reasons for not joining BNP.

Point taken but I was just illustrating my stance (albeit with a strong comparison).

I still think that subscription should not be a prerequisite to being able to criticise.

We aren't, all we have done is asked our members their current view on the topic in case it features in any proposals.

"Over the last week the Foxes Trust Board has sought to question the large assumptions being made about the Milan Mandaric bid via media interviews and message board posts."

And telling us nothing to boot because you can't (or don't reallyknow).

So why bother?

Playing Secret Squirrell might massage the Trust's ego but achieves little else. :(

While many members primarily attended the meeting to gain information, a number of members expressed their reservations about the Mandaric bid, with particular reference made to his track record at other clubs where minimal cash investment took place.

How many members turned up? How many expressed reservations?

Over the last couple of days fans have started to look at other aspects of the potential takeover wondering what will happen to season tickets and match day prices should the Mandaric bid be successful. The Trust is involved in a Fans Consultative Committee Sub-Group focusing on this ticket prices for next season, with the early indications that match day prices could fall, while season tickets may be on sale much earlier, however all this could be completely reviewed if the takeover goes ahead.

So, Mandy will put up prices people...but the lovely board will drop them if you support them to stay on.

Me? I'd rather ticket prices don't come down and we invest some money in players that we need.

Disagree.

If the voters of the nation oppose the BNP by talking about it the BNP would be ruling the country. We oppose them by voting for other parites we prefer. By neither changing the FT from inside nor supporting or offering an alternative you achieve nothing therefore have no credible basis on which to criticise those who achieve something, even if it is only for 1000 fans.

Another thought, if you speak for 100 fans, and no other group speaks for more, who has the power?

If the voters of the nation oppose the BNP by talking about it the BNP would be ruling the country. We oppose them by voting for other parites we prefer. By neither changing the FT from inside nor supporting or offering an alternative you achieve nothing therefore have no credible basis on which to criticise those who achieve something, even if it is only for 1000 fans.

Another thought, if you speak for 100 fans, and no other group speaks for more, who has the power?

If you oppose the BNP and vote for another party...to continue your analogy...your vote is free.

If you wish to change or vote against Trust policy you have to pay. That is undemocratic representation of the fanbase, therefore the Trust can not be representative of the fanbase...only the Trust.

If anyone wanted to know what the fans thought it is easy enough to pop a multiple choice questionnaire into the programme and count the returns.

moaning on here about the FT when they aren't members is unjustifiable.

It is when they start making grandiose claims about representing the view of the fans, being the voice of the fans.

The majority of fans are not even members, so how they get this idea that they 'represent' what we want, I do not know.

It's a big enough can of worms anyway because not all LCFC supporters agree on issues...

It's similar to me setting up a trust called TheDavieG Trust and then making statements which I pass off as being representative of your own. To use your logic, as you're not a member, you have no right to complain.

Archived