Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes_Trust

Takeover Bid - Trust Update

I hope people don't get me wrong, I will be eternally grateful for the hard work lots of people have put in, but it was for a purpose - and now that's gone. Time to move on, the club doesn't owe them a certain amount of time in the limelight. The club are the fans and the fans want Mandaric.

Totally agreed. Hopefully getting their cash back will ease things through for a suitable buyer.

I find it a bit strange some SHs expected their money back. Unconditional love??? :rolleyes:

Easy for me to say, as I'll never have the sort of money I could loan short-term to a club I merely quite like. In fact, the only ones that don't get their own money back are.....hmm , guess who?

We've had two polls on here and there's been one on Talking Balls, all three of which have been around 95% yes. I refuse to believe that these two forums are that misrepresentative of the fanbase as a whole that the figures could be skewed so much.

In all cases the numbers voting were so small as to be statistically insignificant.

And anyway a lot of posters on boards like these are notoriously fickle, as was proved last season regarding Craig Levein.

This is all funny Ultra because you once claimed that Foxes talk should start it's own group and that it could carry more power than the foxes trust. I do remember you saying that the 3000 members on here could have more impact than the 820 members on the FT.

If any one is fickle on here it is you pal....you can go to bed now.

Sorry to piss on your bonfire but that article shows how far up your own backsides you really are.

FFS you've got more posts to your name than members.

You do not represent the fans, you do not even represent many of your members from what I hear. Your influence is nil and when Milan takes over you'll be back where you belong because the trust will hold no shares.

wow, sorry hullfox mate. you normally make reasonable posts, but in saying that you are stating the obvious. mini hitlers up their own arses, only needs a real adolf to displace them. everyone must have seen it years ago

Arrrr I've just been to the EMC forum (179 members, thats DCFC, LCFC, AND NFFC plus any County Mansdield ect fans which post there) ...what a fantastic experince.

FOXESTALK Posting Guidelines

We feel these guidelines will be useful for the Mods in terms of managing the forums, but just as importantly, we hope they provide users a point of reference with which to understand the basic nature of Foxestalk and also to gauge why a post may have been moderated. The ultimate aim of it all though is to enable you to ENJOY contributing to Foxestalk and for others to ENJOY your contributions.

BIG RULES: Things deemed to be totally unacceptable:

Overt personal abuse of other posters

In the light of the above, I suggest you rephrase your second paragraph. Otherwise I will consider taking further action (I'm not expecting the so-called moderators to do it for me!)

makes sense to me!!!

i think in this day and age plus given city's recent history, local investment, is irrelevant.

i'd love a multi millionaire from braunstone to pump money in but its just not going to happen.

if it is a serb chap then great. i love the irony of it!!!!!

still you have to cover everything to know whats what so fair play.

This is all starting to piss me off now.

it seems to me as if everyone involved in this takeover bid. (the FT and the board especially) seem to be looking out for number one. They all seem more concerned with what the implications of a takeover will have for them instead of thinking of what the posotive effect on the club will be.

If they really cared about this football club then they would of accepted the mandaric bid by now, instead of discussions about ground share's and other mysterious bids, which it is clear the fans DO NOT WANT!

The FT are supposed to be the voice of the fans. Why don't they listen to what the fans want and act upon it?? Don't they realise that they are alienating themselves from the people who really matter, THE FANS!

The fans will be here a long after tim davies has gone, long after mandaric, and long after anyone else who may come and go. But us fans do not have a say in what happens to our great club. We pay our money, we travel from one end of the country to another in support of our team, and we are rewarded with what? A trust who don't listen to our views, a chairman who gives away thousands of free tickets while we continue to pay! I say the sooner OUR club is out of THEIR hands the better. We must unite at the game today and show them what the fans really want, and not what the FT says we do. because after all this is OUR CLUB and noone else's. lets take it back!!!

just a thought :ph34r:

This is all starting to piss me off now.

it seems to me as if everyone involved in this takeover bid. (the FT and the board especially) seem to be looking out for number one. They all seem more concerned with what the implications of a takeover will have for them instead of thinking of what the posotive effect on the club will be.

If they really cared about this football club then they would of accepted the mandaric bid by now, instead of discussions about ground share's and other mysterious bids, which it is clear the fans DO NOT WANT!

The FT are supposed to be the voice of the fans. Why don't they listen to what the fans want and act upon it?? Don't they realise that they are alienating themselves from the people who really matter, THE FANS!

The fans will be here a long after tim davies has gone, long after mandaric, and long after anyone else who may come and go. But us fans do not have a say in what happens to our great club. We pay our money, we travel from one end of the country to another in support of our team, and we are rewarded with what? A trust who don't listen to our views, a chairman who gives away thousands of free tickets while we continue to pay! I say the sooner OUR club is out of THEIR hands the better. We must unite at the game today and show them what the fans really want, and not what the FT says we do. because after all this is OUR CLUB and noone else's. lets take it back!!!

just a thought :ph34r:

And very confused thoughts at that.

Now I've been a big critic of the FT but that is aimed almost entirely at their appalling communications.

they would of accepted the mandaric bid by now,

It's the boards responsibility to get the best deal it can for the shareholders, the club & the fans - it would be irresponsible of them to accept the first bid without negotiating for improvements

discussions about ground share's and other mysterious bids, which it is clear the fans DO NOT WANT!

There have been no discussions about the groundshare, all that has happened is the Trust have asked it's members what they feel about it, last time they did the this the majority of their members where NOT AGAINST a groundshare, again it's there responsibility to do this in case it is included in any of the bids

Why don't they listen to what the fans want and act upon it??

They are listening to the fans (members) , hence the questionnaire, unfortunately their communications are badly affecting their public presense.

But us fans do not have a say in what happens to our great club.

That has ALWAYS been the case, it is not unique to this board or this club.

We pay our money, we travel from one end of the country to another in support of our team,

The Foxes Trust board are also fans and pay their money and travel from one end of the country to another in support of our team. They just don't communicate it very well.

chairman who gives away thousands of free tickets while we continue to pay!

Well this is a subjective one, many fans have been in favour of this because they prefer a full stadium to an empty one. Why is it empty, well I don't know the feelings of all those fans that no longer turn up, but for the ones that I do they are unanamous that it is the perfomances of the team and the treatment they get born out of all seater stadiums.

not what the FT says we do

I can't recall the FT saying we should do anything other than be cautious, they did imply that MMs bid was not what the Mercury was implying i.e an unconditional £25m injection of cash.

Well that's How I see it, I'm sure others have different opinions.

Regarding free tickets. i would like to know where my reimbursement is, for the ticket that i paid for and others did not.Why do others get in free when i do not? Why not offer free away tickets? just a thought.

Why is it that mebers of the FT are asked their opinions and given questionares, but STH's are not?

how can a vote of FT members reflect the entire support of leicester city? They have less than a thousands members. What about the other 10,000 plus STH's?

I agree that the board should negiotate for a better deal with mandaric. But if they are getting back their original investment it is a lot more than the people who gave £10 here and there. It is not as if Mandaric is unknown by the board, and of course they must talk with him and secure the long term future of the club.

yes the FT board probably are just as bigger Leicester fan as anyone,but the FT represent a small group a fans, and i do not think any poll or vote done by them can reflect the true opinions of leicester fans, until it has every STH vote upon it.

The Foxes Trust do not represent me....

There were nigh on 30,000 fans at the Palace game. To put it into perspective the Foxes Trust who think they speak for all Leicester City fans made up a mere 3.3% of that crowd.

Therefore, how can anyone take what they say as the real opinion of a Leicester City fan....

There should be some other system in place to get the true stance of a city fan, and I dont mean a placard. As an earlier poster suggested polling all STH's about the bid would be a good idea. However, I know this will never happen due to confidentiality about the bid and the boards need to line their own pockets first....

Only Leicester City could mess all this up....

Regarding free tickets. i would like to know where my reimbursement is, for the ticket that i paid for and others did not.Why do others get in free when i do not? Why not offer free away tickets? just a thought.

Why is it that mebers of the FT are asked their opinions and given questionares, but STH's are not?

how can a vote of FT members reflect the entire support of leicester city? They have less than a thousands members. What about the other 10,000 plus STH's?

I agree that the board should negiotate for a better deal with mandaric. But if they are getting back their original investment it is a lot more than the people who gave £10 here and there. It is not as if Mandaric is unknown by the board, and of course they must talk with him and secure the long term future of the club.

yes the FT board probably are just as bigger Leicester fan as anyone,but the FT represent a small group a fans, and i do not think any poll or vote done by them can reflect the true opinions of leicester fans, until it has every STH vote upon it.

Perhaps someone should start a Season Ticket Holders Trust. We are told there are in the region of 14,000, by far the biggesty majority and with very little say once they have got your money.

With a membership of say 10,000 threatening not to renew, they might take some notice.

How many posters on here are STH I wonder, very few I would guess but since there is no way of checking not much point in asking.

Me - West stand Block B2 near enough to give Kelly some advice.............

As I said there are different opinions on this, as for away tickets now that is being silly.

Have the FT been asked their opinions, as I see it the FT have given their opinions, the FT have canvassed their members for their opinions. As for ST holders views you need to ask the club or alternatively start your own ST members club.

It doesn't and they don't say it does, admittedly their strap line is the voice of the fans. Their less than a thousand is 998 more than yours, mine or any other individual. You cannot justifiable complain about a group of fans who have got together and are voicing their opinion. There is nothing stopping you joining the FT or starting your own group, or writing to the club with your views

As I understand it the original offer from MM did not include thme gettibg their money back, many have been quoted as saying they are not expecting it, however it should in my opinion have been offered so that they have a choice to take it or not as the financial status of some shareholders may have nosedived in the intervening period.

Any poll by the FT can only represent their members, they have a responsibility to get that view across to the board. It is still a more representative view than any individual. As I've stated if you want a voice then contact the club, start your own group up or join the FT - you cannot condemn them for finding out what their members think and letting the board know.

Those that have declined to join the FT, which is their right have also declined to use them to get their individual views on how the club should operate across, presumably because they did not have a view, had their own means or doing so which they considered was better than the FT, or were not concerned about doing so sufficiently to fork out £10/per annum

On a final note I believe the FT vote on the groundshare came out against, which is a complete change form when they carried out a similar vote 2 years ago

The Foxes Trust do not represent me....

There were nigh on 30,000 fans at the Palace game. To put it into perspective the Foxes Trust who think they speak for all Leicester City fans made up a mere 3.3% of that crowd.

Therefore, how can anyone take what they say as the real opinion of a Leicester City fan....

Does anyone do that - I would imagine, based on the current influence thay have had that the club see them representing approx 1000 fans

There should be some other system in place to get the true stance of a city fan, and I dont mean a placard. As an earlier poster suggested polling all STH's about the bid would be a good idea. However, I know this will never happen due to confidentiality about the bid and the boards need to line their own pockets first....

If you believe their should be another system - start one up or contact the club and ask them to canvas the fans. There's no justification in complaining about the FT just because that is what they've done. They may be poor at communicating to their members but they have every right to voice any opinion on behalf or their members

Only Leicester City could mess all this up....

Perhaps someone should start a Season Ticket Holders Trust. We are told there are in the region of 14,000, by far the biggesty majority and with very little say once they have got your money.

With a membership of say 10,000 threatening not to renew, they might take some notice.

How many posters on here are STH I wonder, very few I would guess but since there is no way of checking not much point in asking.

Me - West stand Block B2 near enough to give Kelly some advice.............

If they were all so keen on having a say they could have joined the FT and elected a different FT board , they obviusly couldn't be asked to do so. Now that people have a real issue on which to voice an opinon they are are blaming the FT - some people should look in the mirror and reflect on their own lack of effort - nothing personal like but this is getting stupid now.

IMO this reaction is no response to the issue posted. Fans want the team to do well but City have been through a time no one would wish to see again. However, Manderic or someone equally as respected in football doesn't come along every day - or even every decade. Don't miss thsi opportunity.

Ground sharing is a complete no no.

Finance flowing through the club again is a definite yes yes.

Following my posts above I'd just like to state my position with respect to the FT.

Yes I'm a member,

Yes I think they are doing a reasonable job in representing their members

No I think they are doing a crap job in communicatin that to their members.

If people feel they should have a voice in these negotiations then they should put up or shut up, moaning on here about the FT when they aren't members is unjustifiable.

If you don't like what they do or say then join the FT and change what they do or say or start your own group up. Alternatively get a like minded group of people to bombard the club with your views, in other words stop moaning at the FT for not representing you and do something yourself to get your views known to the club.

FOXESTALK Posting Guidelines

We feel these guidelines will be useful for the Mods in terms of managing the forums, but just as importantly, we hope they provide users a point of reference with which to understand the basic nature of Foxestalk and also to gauge why a post may have been moderated. The ultimate aim of it all though is to enable you to ENJOY contributing to Foxestalk and for others to ENJOY your contributions.

BIG RULES: Things deemed to be totally unacceptable:

Overt personal abuse of other posters

In the light of the above, I suggest you rephrase your second paragraph. Otherwise I will consider taking further action (I'm not expecting the so-called moderators to do it for me!)

Ever get the feeling you take yourself a bit too seriously?

No one else takes you seriously.

ps ever wondered why you get so much personal abuse? You didn't seem to think it an issue when you were dishing it out!

Following my posts above I'd just like to state my position with respect to the FT.

Yes I'm a member,

Yes I think they are doing a reasonable job in representing their members

No I think they are doing a crap job in communicatin that to their members.

If people feel they should have a voice in these negotiations then they should put up or shut up, moaning on here about the FT when they aren't members is unjustifiable.

If you don't like what they do or say then join the FT and change what they do or say or start your own group up. Alternatively get a like minded group of people to bombard the club with your views, in other words stop moaning at the FT for not representing you and do something yourself to get your views known to the club.

I agree. You can't have it both ways. Some non-members moan that the Foxes Trust don't represent their interests while some moan that the Trust are illegitimately speaking on their behalf. I do feel sorry for them because it's all doomed to failure but there's no point dressing it up. They've made some horrendous errors of judgment in the media on this takeover bid. They've lost sight of representing their members' views and have come across extremely poorly in my opinion.

I agree. You can't have it both ways. Some non-members moan that the Foxes Trust don't represent their interests while some moan that the Trust are illegitimately speaking on their behalf. I do feel sorry for them because it's all doomed to failure but there's no point dressing it up. They've made some horrendous errors of judgment in the media on this takeover bid. They've lost sight of representing their members' views and have come across extremely poorly in my opinion.

I believe I nailed it last week.

They are simply out of their depth and unaccustomed to such a role. I'd enjoy the perks if I had them too. I just wouldn't constantly dress it up as though I was playing an important role as ambassador of the fans.

Archived