Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Excitement mounting for Foxes boss

Source

Excitement mounting for Foxes boss

Leicester manager Rob Kelly is already excited at the prospect of facing Fulham in the third round of the FA Cup.

The Foxes were paired against the Premiership side in Sunday's draw at Soho Square and the club have confirmed the tie will take place on January 6, 2007.

City saw off Tottenham 3-2 in a thrilling encounter at the third round stage last season and Kelly is relishing the chance to repeat the feat.

He told the club's official website: "We've been drawn to face a Premiership club at home and I don't think you can ask for much more than that.

"From a personal point of view I think the two most exciting days of the season are the opening day of the campaign and FA Cup third round day.

"It's a great game for us and one that I am sure the supporters are already looking forward to. It's a game they deserve."

Well let's hope the outcome is more exciting than the Luton game Rob, as for me I can't wait. :chant::yahoo:

one of the most exciting games of the season?

I agree.......at the end of the day its fulham. I would have prefered a lower league team away from home. The attendance will only be around 25,000 I think.

From the Blue Army (Mercury) site:

Mandaric said: "I think the manager needs help to bring in new players, but I was impressed with the attitude of the players, especially with the referee not helping them!

"My experience tells me the squad needs the addition of some experience to help the good, younger players. The manager knows that too, of course, and is obviously doing his best under the circumstances.

"It was also good to see that, clearly, the players were all playing for their manager, and I thought that was a very important point."

So if Mandy's mouthpiece has it right, RK might not be going ANYWHERE any time soon.. :o

Especially as there were very few anti-Kelly chants on Saturday, suggesting that the majority of fans may actually PREFER him to stay!

So if Mandy's mouthpiece has it right, RK might not be going ANYWHERE any time soon.. :o

Especially as there were very few anti-Kelly chants on Saturday, suggesting that the majority of fans may actually PREFER him to stay!

lol lol lol

Are you for real, you know Mandaric plays the media and it is not cool to slag the current managerial incumbent. Kelly is a gonner make no mistake.

He's not exactly going to say...."Leicester definately need a change of manager" as this may swing the shareholders vote. However this matter has probably been covered by the board.

I'm surprised you've quoted this considering you've always proclaimed to not believe anything Milan Mandaric says. When it suits Ultra! :D

I'd be very surprised if MM gives his full backing to Rob.

Ultra, you've just completely stitched yourself up in this one.

In the past, you've described Mandaric as a manipulative, cold, calculated, lying businessman in order to discount/discredit anything he's said in the media.

Now you're quoting him as your only source!

You've done yourself there mate, we don't even need to argue anymore.

Ultra - The One Man Argument.

He's not exactly going to say...."Leicester definately need a change of manager" as this may swing the shareholders vote. However this matter has probably been covered by the board.

i would. and if anyone objected i'd say "well its my money thats going in, if you don't like it...you keep your shit team and manager and i'll have a cosy break in skegness this summer instead. enjoy league one lads"

They were drowned out by the pro-Kelly chants, right?

Oh, and the sound of people streaming out of the ground...I wonder which will have the most impact on a businessman? :rolleyes:

Archived