Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kilworthfox

Elvis Hammond

Is he good enough to wear the shirt?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Is he good enough to wear the shirt?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

In discussions with fellow City fans i have found that there is a variation of opinion on his performances and ability.

I have quite strong opinions on the guys ability, to me he could run all day but still beUtterShite.

He tried his hardest on sat and still was not good enough IMO.

This is not about who to partner with Hume.

Not the fee we paid as that is not Elvis's fault as all he has to do is perform to a standard on the pitch.

Total Career Matches 74 Goals 5

I tell you what, here's a suggestion for the admins.

Create a new subforum called 'player votage forum'.

There the admins/mods can create a poll for every single city player currently in the first team or academy squads.

Then we wouldn't need to vote on the same players every other week. :thumbup:

Elvis is not the greatest player in the world but I don't think he is as bad as everyone says he is.

I think some of the criticism he receives is very unjustifiable because to be fair (Fryatt is included in this too), the strikers get NO service and therefore cannot really do anything special. <_<

Elvis is not the greatest player in the world but I don't think he is as bad as everyone says he is.

I think some of the criticism he receives is very unjustifiable because to be fair (Fryatt is included in this too), the strikers get NO service and therefore cannot really do anything special. <_<

Elvis isn't as bad as everyone says he is (even though he is offside all the time and his touch is piss-poor), but surely he cannot have had bad service his whole career?? I mean, he's a striker and he really doesn't score many goals. I think the stat in the first post says it all: Career Games 74 Career Goals 5. That's almost ONE goal every 15 games. Something is severely wrong if a striker is misfiring that badly, and not just with the service he is receiving.

I'd be happy to have him in any squad of mine. I think he's got far more to offer than he's presently delivering and I look forward to the day when they play on one side of midfield instead of as an out and out striker - and with some creative footballers around him, like Porter and King.

In fact if Kelly really fancies himself as a coach, Hammond is exactly the sort of player he should be getting some change from. He's a player who will benefit from people who get to know his runs and who have the skills to supply the right passes.

That in turn will encourage him to make more such runs.

I'd be happy to have him in any squad of mine. I think he's got far more to offer than he's presently delivering and I look forward to the day when they play on one side of midfield instead of as an out and out striker - and with some creative footballers around him, like Porter and King.

In fact if Kelly really fancies himself as a coach, Hammond is exactly the sort of player he should be getting some change from. He's a player who will benefit from people who get to know his runs and who have the skills to supply the right passes.

That in turn will encourage him to make more such runs before spanking the ball out of the ground from 12 yards.

Job's a good 'un. :thumbup:

I suppose im undecided about Elvis.

As Thracian said hes a good player to have in your squad,could be a threat coming of the bench with his pace playing against tired legs,but really hes not what we want or need right now. We need someone who can stick their chances away and not be so wasteful infront of goal.He has had a long time to proove himself and if hes possibly one of our first choice strikers and has had alot of football this season and he just hasnt impressed me,but then he can show good part to his game,we just need to see this more often.

Anyway,drop him and give dodds a chance. :pinch:

Elvis isn't as bad as everyone says he is (even though he is offside all the time and his touch is piss-poor), but surely he cannot have had bad service his whole career?? I mean, he's a striker and he really doesn't score many goals. I think the stat in the first post says it all: Career Games 74 Career Goals 5. That's almost ONE goal every 15 games. Something is severely wrong if a striker is misfiring that badly, and not just with the service he is receiving.

Wow I didn't realise his record was so bad. That really is terrible. I think I should have a t-shirt made for the Birmingham game that Elvis scored in that says "I was there".

tbh id like to see him play out wide, as he has lightning pace and and could scare the shit out of defenders i think he could easily get the nod on the wide right over josh low any day. no point him playing up front cus he flunders every chance he gets anyway as in misses.

If i'm right i think Levein played him their on his debut against milan was it? came on last 10 or 15 mins and kinda impressed me. dunno whether he ever got the chance to play out there again does anyone know?

tbh id like to see him play out wide, as he has lightning pace and and could scare the shit out of defenders i think he could easily get the nod on the wide right over josh low any day. no point him playing up front cus he flunders every chance he gets anyway as in misses.

If i'm right i think Levein played him their on his debut against milan was it? came on last 10 or 15 mins and kinda impressed me. dunno whether he ever got the chance to play out there again does anyone know?

He also played there for a time against Stoke at home last season. Won 4-2 as I recall.

Wow I didn't realise his record was so bad. That really is terrible. I think I should have a t-shirt made for the Birmingham game that Elvis scored in that says "I was there".

Don't quote me on it, I was going by the stats that were posted in the original post of the thread by KilworthFox :thumbup: But if those stats are anything like true, then Elvis should really reconsider what he is doing. Akinbiyi was better than that I think and everybody absolutely slated him, without saying a positive comment about him (at least Elvis gets some of these!)

He's scored six goals for Leicester and had three seemingly good goals disallowed out of four disallowed in 29 matches and many of them not full games by any means.

He's scored six goals for Leicester and had three seemingly good goals disallowed out of four disallowed in 29 matches and many of them not full games by any means.

Yeah but disallowed goals dont count and they dont win games his record is c**p and he shouldnt wear the shirt. having players like that at LCFC pretty much sums up our demise over the last few seasons. continue with players of that standard and we will remain where we are if not slip even further.

I dont think he is the worse player we have by a long way.I also do not think either managers we have had,have got the best out of him.

ok, put him on the wing, and with his amazing first touch see how many throw-ins we give away! :thumbup: a player at this level should at least be able to control the ball

Archived