Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kilworthfox

Elvis Hammond

Is he good enough to wear the shirt?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Is he good enough to wear the shirt?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

atm at least Elvis has to play. I actually like him as a player and most the critisism is unfair, he should not be branded in the Johnson, Low, etc categories. His pace brings an awful lot to the team, he may not be the greatest player in the world but he's done sooo much more than Fryatt this season, played less games and scored more goals!

Lay off him! he should be a first teamer and I'd certainly see him on the teamsheet rather than Fryatt on saturday at wolves, we looked a much better team at Derby when he came on!

Elvis + Huuuuuuume up front let Fryatt force his way back in.

atm at least Elvis has to play. I actually like him as a player and most the critisism is unfair, he should not be branded in the Johnson, Low, etc categories. His pace brings an awful lot to the team, he may not be the greatest player in the world but he's done sooo much more than Fryatt this season, played less games and scored more goals!

Lay off him! he should be a first teamer and I'd certainly see him on the teamsheet rather than Fryatt on saturday at wolves, we looked a much better team at Derby when he came on!

Elvis + Huuuuuuume up front let Fryatt force his way back in.

i don't wanna come across as all 'in my day' but in my day strikers scored goals. ian marshall was not a fantastic player but he scored goals, joachim had pace, and scored goals iwan roberts was rubbish really but he scored plenty.

pace is nothing, without an end product. and being caught off-side all the time is sunday league stuff. dickov was pacey but also scored goals, without being off-side all the time. i know i'm harking back, and we have to use what we've got, so for me i would like to see mcauley (or someone) up front to knock down balls for hume to run onto.

i don't wanna come across as all 'in my day' but in my day strikers scored goals. ian marshall was not a fantastic player but he scored goals, joachim had pace, and scored goals iwan roberts was rubbish really but he scored plenty.

pace is nothing, without an end product. and being caught off-side all the time is sunday league stuff. dickov was pacey but also scored goals, without being off-side all the time. i know i'm harking back, and we have to use what we've got, so for me i would like to see mcauley (or someone) up front to knock down balls for hume to run onto.

lol

So who would you play up front?

Especially away from home having elvis in the team fills me with a bit of confidence that we might create chances in open play and on the break and not have to rely on set pieces.

lol

lol

Especially away from home having elvis in the team fills me with a bit of confidence that we might create chances in open play and on the break and not have to rely on set pieces.

rab douglas and levi porter :whistle:

seriously though (although i reckon rab/levi is a go-er) if we can only play two short arses or one of them and elvis up front, then it's got to be played through the middle with quality, and williams is the only one capable of doing that, sadly he doesn't do it often enough.

i liked mcauley when he came on at derby, he won a few headers and got a few flick on's so he would be an option if it were needed. even though it does look a bit 'not won a game in 20 tries on FM06' :ph34r:

rab douglas and levi porter :whistle:

seriously though (although i reckon rab/levi is a go-er) if we can only play two short arses or one of them and elvis up front, then it's got to be played through the middle with quality, and williams is the only one capable of doing that, sadly he doesn't do it often enough.

i liked mcauley when he came on at derby, he won a few headers and got a few flick on's so he would be an option if it were needed. even though it does look a bit 'not won a game in 20 tries on FM06' :ph34r:

I liked seeing Mcauley up front v Derby and it deffo worked, but can't imagine him up there all game we already complain about playong long ball enough as it is.

It beggars belief that he manages to put his shirt on at all...I have this mental image of him running around the changing room really quickly, but every time he goes to pull it on it gets stuck or has it ruled out for being back2front. :(

It beggars belief that he manages to put his shirt on at all...I have this mental image of him running around the changing room really quickly, but every time he goes to pull it on it gets stuck or has it ruled out for being back2front. :(

hammond.jpg

bless, no time to change!

He's scored six goals for Leicester and had three seemingly good goals disallowed out of four disallowed in 29 matches and many of them not full games by any means.

Lcfc Appearances 55 inc subs 6 goals according to the Sheff Wed programme

1 goal every 9 appearances

Got my initial figures off the internet so they may not have been updated.

1 in 15 or 1 in 9 says to me not good enough for a striker!

His performances, control, lack of football instinct, movement, general ability, tell me he is not worth a shirt.

I ask you if he had no pace or average pace then whywould you pick him?

The Better than Fryatt at the Moment defence just shows how bad MF is at the moment.

The guy is not good enough to wear the shirt, (same as Low, Johnson, COG, Sylla, Welsh this season) does not matter where we place him he came as a striker and thats where he is supposebly best.

You can not say lets put him on the wing as he has pace, so has Maurice Greene but you would not put him on the wing

And for those who say he gets too much undeserved critisism i say he does not get enough! When has he ever been slow clapped off, or Barracked, or had a song sang about his shiteness NEVER!

Lcfc Appearances 55 inc subs 6 goals according to the Sheff Wed programme

1 goal every 9 appearances

Got my initial figures off the internet so they may not have been updated.

1 in 15 or 1 in 9 says to me not good enough for a striker!

His performances, control, lack of football instinct, movement, general ability, tell me he is not worth a shirt.

I ask you if he had no pace or average pace then whywould you pick him?

The Better than Fryatt at the Moment defence just shows how bad MF is at the moment.

The guy is not good enough to wear the shirt, (same as Low, Johnson, COG, Sylla, Welsh this season) does not matter where we place him he came as a striker and thats where he is supposedly best.

You can not say lets put him on the wing as he has pace, so has Maurice Greene but you would not put him on the wing

And for those who say he gets too much undeserved critisism i say he does not get enough! When has he ever been slow clapped off, or Barracked, or had a song sang about his shiteness NEVER!

Like I say he's been ridiculously unlucky with disallowed goals which, had they counted, would have given him a goal every five or six games which is not nearly so bad for a guy who is not really as triker, no matter what he was bought as.

In fact, how he could have been bought as a striker when he'd never scored a League goal if memory serves, I don't know.

But he has put the ball in the net more times than the aforementioned Sylla, Low, O'Grady, John and Welsh put together and he has been strong enough and fit enough to play whenever required which is more than half the rest of our probably over-pampered squad can say.

And if, like others, he got some proper service, he'd be better still.

The more I see it the more I wonder if Porter should be orchestrating attacks. He's the one fit player we've got who can thread passes to people's feet. Tiatto sees em but can't deliver em, Hughes doesn't often see them and I doubt anyone's got the slightest idea what Sylla's gonna do.

It all screams out for a fluid 4-2-4 system with Porter, Hume, Dodds and Hammond that expects our wide men to assist in wide midfield.

Porter and Hammond both have the energy and strength to do it and we'd have plenty of strike power then assuming two from Hughes/Wesolowski & King/Williams in midfield.

It's not even hard really. But it takes some spunk to make the decisions. Our remaining problem would be to find an attacking left back if the club are going to continue to find it impossible to mend Sheehan's infected toe or to take a few months off Mattock's birthday!.

Kelly talks about wanting to attack but shows no signs of knowing how. Well there's a soddin suggestion that wouldn't include any passengers, any part-timers or anyone who can't stand the pace.

Ok sod it, I'll do a quick post.

EVERYONE harps on about his pace... but when was the last time you saw him use it to hare free of the defence and then beat the keeper in a one on one situation.

Never?

Correct!!

Pace is nothing if you can't use it properly. In practice, it just means he gets in to offside positions quicker.

I'd be happy to have him in any squad of mine. I think he's got far more to offer than he's presently delivering and I look forward to the day when they play on one side of midfield instead of as an out and out striker - and with some creative footballers around him, like Porter and King.

In fact if Kelly really fancies himself as a coach, Hammond is exactly the sort of player he should be getting some change from. He's a player who will benefit from people who get to know his runs and who have the skills to supply the right passes.

That in turn will encourage him to make more such runs.

He doesn't score goals. You rave about strikers and midfielders scoring goals and if they don't then they shouldn't play. So why would Elvis be in 'any' squad of yours? You moaned that Sylla has never scored a goal for us, yet Elvis who plays as a concentrated striker has scored 6 goals in over 50 games for Leicester, which is unbelievable for a striker. Doesn't that bother you? Doesn't it concern you that you slate players who don't score goals whether it be a central midfielder, winger or certain strikers, yet you would have Elv as one of your first players on the team sheet each game. Explain please, because from where i'm sitting Elvis doesn't score (which a striker is supposed to do) and he hardly creates many goals either. Hows that any different to Momo Sylla's contribution?

An example of Elvis's lack of ability is as fresh as last saturday. Picture it, Leicester are 2-1 down at home to Sheffield Wednesday. They are down to 10 men and somehow have pulled a goal back and are pushing for an equaliser. There's not much margin for error, they need to take their chances to get anything here. Then suddenly the ball breaks for Leicester, there's panic in the box and it falls to Elvis Hammond only 8 yards out with onlt the fat old goalie to beat, all it takes is a cool finish either side of Crossley and it's 2-2. Instead, Hammond blasts the ball in his trademark way, straight at Crossley and the chance goes begging. The rest is history as Wednesday go on to score 2 more and Leicester get a hiding. Elvis is clapped off the pitch at the end by his biggest fan, Thracian. The next day's papers reveal that Elvis Hammond hasn't found the net for 11 matches.

The mind boggles at times.

He doesn't score goals. You rave about strikers and midfielders scoring goals and if they don't then they shouldn't play. So why would Elvis be in 'any' squad of yours? You moaned that Sylla has never scored a goal for us, yet Elvis who plays as a concentrated striker has scored 6 goals in over 50 games for Leicester, which is unbelievable for a striker. Doesn't that bother you? Doesn't it concern you that you slate players who don't score goals whether it be a central midfielder, winger or certain strikers, yet you would have Elv as one of your first players on the team sheet each game. Explain please, because from where i'm sitting Elvis doesn't score (which a striker is supposed to do) and he hardly creates many goals either. Hows that any different to Momo Sylla's contribution?

Blah Blah Disallowed goals blah blah tell me something Sylla offers the team blah blah Elvis "set one up" :rolleyes: against Southampton...oh and blah blah.

elvis is not a striker and i doubt ever will be but he does try , probably the best slot for him would be behind the front two if we ever played that kind of system.

when his contract is up i would let him go and find a club :)

Blah Blah Disallowed goals blah blah tell me something Sylla offers the team blah blah Elvis "set one up" :rolleyes: against Southampton...oh and blah blah.

Haha! :thumbup:

I forgot, Elvis would have a more than respectable goals/games ratio if only the refs and linesmen weren't against him and didn't keep disallowing goals.

I mean, when was this stupid offside rule brought in anyway?

Don't people realise it penalises rubbish strikers with nothing to their game but pace?

If we're going to have a comedic black striker who is lauded for his efforts but is usually embarrassing, I'd rather have Trev back.

We all love a bitta Trev.

Like I say, he's netted 10 times altogether in his 50 games - three out of four were questionably disallowed and that's 10 times more than Sylla's put the ball in the net. I'd take that from a widish midfield player which is how I'd use him at Leicester right now. Dodds would play striker with Hume.

And that is what was asked. Who would I retain right now - and the choice was bloody limited. But Hammond over Sylla/Low? They haven't got one goal between them.

I've also tried to explain why I'd use Hammond, Dodds, Hume, Porter across the front and Hughes/King in midfield with wing-backs. And the reason is to provide the proper support that's been missing for whoever's used up front.

Hammond would start and I would hope Gradel got an increasing role on the right too. If it didn't work I'd get a new right sided attacker but it would have to be someone with pace and there's no way Fryatt's going to provide that nor Hammond or Low..

Like I say he's been ridiculously unlucky with disallowed goals which, had they counted, would have given him a goal every five or six games which is not nearly so bad for a guy who is not really as triker, no matter what he was bought as.

In fact, how he could have been bought as a striker when he'd never scored a League goal if memory serves, I don't know.

But he has put the ball in the net more times than the aforementioned Sylla, Low, O'Grady, John and Welsh put together and he has been strong enough and fit enough to play whenever required which is more than half the rest of our probably over-pampered squad can say.

And if, like others, he got some proper service, he'd be better still.

The more I see it the more I wonder if Porter should be orchestrating attacks. He's the one fit player we've got who can thread passes to people's feet. Tiatto sees em but can't deliver em, Hughes doesn't often see them and I doubt anyone's got the slightest idea what Sylla's gonna do.

It all screams out for a fluid 4-2-4 system with Porter, Hume, Dodds and Hammond that expects our wide men to assist in wide midfield.

Porter and Hammond both have the energy and strength to do it and we'd have plenty of strike power then assuming two from Hughes/Wesolowski & King/Williams in midfield.

It's not even hard really. But it takes some spunk to make the decisions. Our remaining problem would be to find an attacking left back if the club are going to continue to find it impossible to mend Sheehan's infected toe or to take a few months off Mattock's birthday!.

Kelly talks about wanting to attack but shows no signs of knowing how. Well there's a soddin suggestion that wouldn't include any passengers, any part-timers or anyone who can't stand the pace.

Unlicky my arse the guy is always offside or not making the right runs or loses possesion due to incompetance, or bad control.

The players you mention are not strikers and have never been played as such.

Elvis is a striker not a good one! this is not a case of RK playing him out of position, he just is that bad.

Can not understand anyone who thinks a guy like this is fit enough to wear the Blue & White!

What's the fallacy about 'unlucky disallowed goals'?

There haven't been any. If there have it may be 1 or 2 in all his time here. Fryatt and Hume have had them disallowed too. That is football.

ANYWAY MOST OF HAMMOND'S GOALS WHICH ARE DISALLOWED ARE DISALLOWED JUSTIFIABLY!!!

It's like banging your head against a brick wall.

We should be shipping out half our midfield because they can't score enough goals and yet we should persist with one of the worst forwards I have ever seen who can't score for love nor money.

Ridiculous Tracian. Usually you make some semblance of sense and you do make some great points.. but you've lost it on this one. Hammond is cack.

Like I say, he's netted 10 times altogether in his 50 games - three out of four were questionably disallowed and that's 10 times more than Sylla's put the ball in the net. I'd take that from a widish midfield player which is how I'd use him at Leicester right now. Dodds would play striker with Hume.

And that is what was asked. Who would I retain right now - and the choice was bloody limited. But Hammond over Sylla/Low? They haven't got one goal between them.

I've also tried to explain why I'd use Hammond, Dodds, Hume, Porter across the front and Hughes/King in midfield with wing-backs. And the reason is to provide the proper support that's been missing for whoever's used up front.

Hammond would start and I would hope Gradel got an increasing role on the right too. If it didn't work I'd get a new right sided attacker but it would have to be someone with pace and there's no way Fryatt's going to provide that nor Hammond or Low..

Your post avoids the question and is full of stupid excuses, the goals were ruled out, they don't count. He's scored 6 from 50 as a out and out striker. Sylla and Low haven't played as strikers and both have played far fewer games. Hammond doesn't support shit, he can't pass, he can't dribble, he can't shoot. He's fast he has no techinical abilty at all. You've been asked to explain why you've picked a donkey who doesn't score when you try to fill your teams full of goalscorers, you havent done this.

Hammond scored his 6 goals (you can't count disallowed goals, i've tried before it doesn't work i'm afraid) all when he's played up front, how can you say that's a good ratio for a wide midfielder? He's not been playing there!!! Look at all of his goals, cast your mind back. Where have they been scored from? All from the centre of the park, well if he were to play right wing, i'd want him to keep his width and wingers usually score their goals from long distance or from arriving at the back post. How can you honestly use these statistics? As for Sylla, I agree he's not contributed enough, that was my point. Both Hammond and himself have been relatively poor in their respective positions, but as neither have played in each others positions you can't argue the case either.

If we played like this we would only have 2 central defenders on their own!

Are you Kevin Keegan? Fancy another crack at it? Come on i love this attacking method :scarf:

If we played like this we would only have 2 central defenders on their own!

Are you Kevin Keegan? Fancy another crack at it? Come on i love this attacking method :scarf:

Why's that?. If you watch Porter when we've lost possession, he often moves from the wing into midfield and, indeed made two central midfield passes on the build up to Hughes goal on Saturday.

Porter covers acres of ground and Hammond is well capable of helping out on the right of midfield if asked - as he did perfectly well against Stoke at home last season, being far more impressive than Sylla.

So although nominally 4-2-4 the system would flow into 4-4-2 in defence and 3-3-4 in attack with one wing-back coming forward.

If you can think of a more effective way of genuinely attacking a game I'm all ears. Cos we don't attack with our present system.

You can put them in whatever formation/shape you like. All the Elvis Hammond, Josh Low and other wasters are part of the XI, it won't matter.

Elvis Hammond has no technical ability. He's a crap striker and he'd be even worse played elsewhere.

Surely we must have something he can do to earn his wages?

Cutting the grass or something...

Archived