Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Leicester - Wolves reactions!

lol we did what burnley do when they come to the walkers. We sat back soaked up the pressure broke away and scored with our only shots.

Not to mention Hull and Preston..

It's good to be on the right end of such a result for a change!

The next three games will tell us whether yesterday's win was a genuine turning point or merely a false dawn.

But at least it drags us clear of the drop zone, and will give Mandy the excuse he needs not to sack RK this side of the new year..

Glad we got the result yesterday- it was badly, badly needed. About time we got the rub of the green.

Kelly still has a long way to go to prove to me that he his still the right man for the job though...

Simon???

Jelffsy?

Can it really be you??

It IS!!!!

IT IS YOU!! :D

We still on for that shandy later in Newbold Vernon?

With all my love and of course, kindest regards,

Craig Adams (22)

From the Daily Mail

Kelly's not losing sleep

By RAY MATTS Last updated at 17:10pm on 10th December 2006

But a few of us are over whether we get relegated or not. :o

Wolves 1 Leicester 2

Rob Kelly doesn't do lying awake at night fretting whether he will keep his manager's job if Leicester City are taken over by Milan Mandaric or someone else.

It's not that he doesn't care... but rather because he sees no point missing valuable sleep about something over which he has absolutely no control.

He said: "I have to deal with realities, like where we are in the table, and concern myself with improving that situation. I work with players in whom I have total belief and leave other issues to the directors whom, I'm sure, will do right by the club."

A decision on the club's future is imminent following Mandaric's £25m offer to transform his football interests to the East Midlands after severing his successful connection with Portsmouth.

So the 2-l win over Wolves at Molineux on Saturday after a series of depressing reversals, couldn't have been more welcome.

The icing on the cake for Kelly was that victory came at his former club whom he served as player and Academy coach, although he insisted the previous four successive defeats painted a distorted picture of Leicester's form, adding: "I've never had any complaints about workrate and commitment because they are a good set of professionals.

"I was proud of them because they refused to allow their heads drop after Wolves equalised late in the game and their reward was Levi Porter's 89th minute winner."

Elvis Hammond had shot Leicester into a well deserved 37th minute lead only for Lewis Gobern to level for Wolves in the 81st as the home side commanded the second half play.

Wolves are slipping inexorably down the table after their earlier competitiveness, gates are only rarely above 20,000, fans are clearly frustrated again but manager Mick McCarthy said: "We did not deserve to lose that game."

Maybe not. But unless he improves his strike force in the transfer window, they will lose a lot more because of the intolerable strain such a meagre goals-for tally puts on his defenders.

Archived