Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Leicester - Wolves reactions!

This bothers me.

Wolverhampton 1 - 2 Leicester 

Goal Attempts 13  :  2 Goal Attempts 

On Target 3  :  2 On Target 

Crosses 24  :  12 Crosses 

Corners 11  :  6 Corners 

Offside 3  :  7 Offside 

Fouls 17  :  13 Fouls 

Free kicks 20  :  20 Free kicks 

Yellow cards 1  :  2 Yellow cards  

Red cards -  :  - Red cards  

% Possession 60  :  40 Possession % 

:blink:

That's troubling. 2 goal attempts?

Sure we had two goes and scored two goals - 100% hit rate. But 2 goes in 90 minutes is uncomfortably low for my liking. :ph34r:

It is worrying but it's good we didn't concede more than one with them having that many efforts.

This bothers me.

Wolverhampton 1 - 2 Leicester 

Goal Attempts 13  :  2 Goal Attempts 

On Target 3  :  2 On Target 

Crosses 24  :  12 Crosses 

Corners 11  :  6 Corners 

Offside 3  :  7 Offside 

Fouls 17  :  13 Fouls 

Free kicks 20  :  20 Free kicks 

Yellow cards 1  :  2 Yellow cards  

Red cards -  :  - Red cards  

% Possession 60  :  40 Possession % 

:blink:

That's troubling. 2 goal attempts?

Sure we had two goes and scored two goals - 100% hit rate. But 2 goes in 90 minutes is uncomfortably low for my liking. :ph34r:

And unnecessary I imagine. Wolves are a scratchbuilt side - of no great consquence in the scheme of things - and yet we allow ourselves to fall back voluntarily and offer them a way back which they so nearly accepted.

Every time we do that we concede. It's not just the manager. Don't the players realise how silly it is?.

Of course there will invariably be a reaction from a team that goes behind but Kelly should be able to anticipate that response by now and make sure the team understands what he expects by way of response.

It is worrying but it's good we didn't concede more than one with them having that many efforts.

Radio.W were quite clear in stating that it was down to Wolves that they didn't capitalise on our generosity. For as long as Kelly plays tactics based on being afraid to lose he will continue to run our collective nerves and patience ragged.

I'm just waiting for the New Year, I'm hoping the new ownership make a resolution to encourage a manager to approach games in an exciting attacking & passing fashion...no more stuffing 9 players behind the ball.

It isn't the first time we've had statistics like that. I'm sure there was a game recently where we went 80 minutes before our first shot on target.

Not only is it an insult to the game and the paying public it is so unnecessary and it doesn't show a lot of confidence in our players despite the lip service the manager pays.

For all that it was a welcome three points.

The question is can we draw some conviction from it?.

Rob Kelly - Hung drawn and quartered after helping us to victory over Wolves. I was almost about to join the 'Kelly Out' bandwagon but today's victory has kept me happy, if only for another week.

It's a fantastic result - most of us (including me) were expecting to get beaten - but we got the 3 points even if we played poorly. We might not have deserved it but that's football, sometimes you lose when you don't deserve to and vice versa.

Kelly's damned if he wins and damned if he doesn't. For now I'll give him credit for this result - they exceeded my expectations and made my day. Well done Rob and the boys.

Rob Kelly - Hung drawn and quartered after helping us to victory over Wolves. I was almost about to join the 'Kelly Out' bandwagon but today's victory has kept me happy, if only for another week.

It's a fantastic result - most of us (including me) were expecting to get beaten - but we got the 3 points even if we played poorly. We might not have deserved it but that's football, sometimes you lose when you don't deserve to and vice versa.

Kelly's damned if he wins and damned if he doesn't. For now I'll give him credit for this result - they exceeded my expectations and made my day. Well done Rob and the boys.

Don't necessarily agree with that... he doesn't help himself with his comments to the press.

Having said that, like you say, he'll be judged on performances (rightly so) and he got a good one today.

League table doesn't lie though - we need a few more wins before I'll be anything approaching happy.

Kelly's never been damned for any particular result.

Truth is there was nothing new about Kelly's approach today - nothing whatsoever to suggest he's about to move forward from his instinctively cautious and defensively-weighted approach to playing football.

Three points today gave him four points from the last 21, we had just two shots against a perfectly ordinary side and but for an outstanding piece of individual play at the death we would have donated Wolves two points they should never have got a sniff of.

Yes, the result was still an achievement. Any points are an achievement right now. More than anything it might give a boost to confidence.

But we had too many familiar failings once again and played with a tactical nievity that is frightening at times - and when there was no need for it.

The Wolves goal was a glaring example.

It was hard enough to understand Hughes being selected on the right wing. But he turned up in the penalty area and became the second right winger in successive weeks to give the opposition a goal from our penalty area - this time by punting the ball straight out to their scorer.

Even worse it was obvious that by defending deep we were likely to contribute to the sort of overcrowding which led to Hendeson being apparently unsighted for their goal.

Today's win was welcome but much of what we did was symptomatic of what has got us into the current mess.

From what I understand the game was more boring than Jon Barber. But we finally won, got more points on the board, moved slightly up the table and halted the losing streak :D:P

We need to do the Barnsleh next week to keep us confident and help us move away from the relegation zone further. It's also about time we scored in the last minute instead of fooking conceding! Not inspiring and not at all convincing - but as lwicd said, a win is a win.

Well obviously I am taking all the credit for todays result as I was the only positive one about last week. I hope all you non believers are feeling suitably dirty and disloyal. You lot make me sick :whistle:

Aw ****...now there's going to be another twenty seven DantheFox moans in General Chat to be moderated! :ph34r:

The entire midfield were to blame for us defending deep second half. They showed they could compete in the first half but for whatever reason they didn't in the second half. How much of this was down to Williams' lack of match fitness I'm not sure.

I'm suire Williams fitness level would have played a part but that was to mentioned on this forum before the match so I'm sure Kelly would have anticipated it and the likely need to do something about it. Tiatto's booking didn't help, of course.

Archived