Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
potter3

The Team at the end of January

It's a massive gamble. He's been around the lower leagues for a fair few years and not done a great deal, but this season he's on fire. There are players in the lower leagues that can play at a higher level just never get the chance, I think there's a possiblity he could cut it at a higher level. Strikers show their true ability when they are full of confidence, something Leo has this season. I'd prefer Gary O'Connor myself, but it's unlikely we'd get him.

What ya reckon? 400k and a average Championship wage at most, it's likely to be considerable less than that. Not the end of the world if he doesn't set the world on fire.

It's a massive gamble. He's been around the lower leagues for a fair few years and not done a great deal, but this season he's on fire. There are players in the lower leagues that can play at a higher level just never get the chance, I think there's a possiblity he could cut it at a higher level. Strikers show their true ability when they are full of confidence, something Leo has this season. I'd prefer Gary O'Connor myself, but it's unlikely we'd get him.

I agree it's a massive gamble, and well, just generally with most of what you say. My concern is really with the position we're in, is it the kind of gamble we could afford to take? I know we have to do something to sort out our chronic lack of goals, but, well. I dunno. It could be a good idea, but it could stink.

So to sum up, I've not really added anything to the conversation. Yay!

What ya reckon? 400k and a average Championship wage at most, it's likely to be considerable less than that. Not the end of the world if he doesn't set the world on fire.

He wouldn't cost a great deal, but as Nibbo has stated below. It's the kind of signing that's almost guaranteed to go tits up for us, it's just our luck. I'd like a try before you buy with Leo, it's quite doubtful we could do that though.

I agree it's a massive gamble, and well, just generally with most of what you say. My concern is really with the position we're in, is it the kind of gamble we could afford to take? I know we have to do something to sort out our chronic lack of goals, but, well. I dunno. It could be a good idea, but it could stink.

So to sum up, I've not really added anything to the conversation. Yay!

Good player, but isn't he about as small as Levi Porter?

So what, he scored past a big man like Hyppia when Finland played Malta. Basically he is like a quality Hammond because he is very fast. He set up all Malta's goals against Hungary. And that is just two recent examples. He played for Kaiserlautern in the days when they topped the league as well, scoring little but assisting a lot. He left when E Gerets was sacked came to Malta scored something like 20 goals in 6 months and went to Lillestorm. This year in Intertoto he scored against Newcastle to earn a replay for his team. Last year against Leicester he was not in top form but he played well from what i heard.

maltagermany1.jpg

So what, he scored past a big man like Hyppia when Finland played Malta. Basically he is like a quality Hammond because he is very fast. He set up all Malta's goals against Hungary. And that is just two recent examples. He played for Kaiserlautern in the days when they topped the league as well, scoring little but assisting a lot. He left when E Gerets was sacked came to Malta scored something like 20 goals in 6 months and went to Lillestorm. This year in Intertoto he scored against Newcastle to earn a replay for his team. Last year against Leicester he was not in top form but he played well from what i heard.

maltagermany1.jpg

The reason I said it was because we already have a very small striker in Iain HUme. I can't see a partnership of those 2 up front for us working considering Kelly likes our team to hoof the ball at our strikers.

The reason I said it was because we already have a very small striker in Iain HUme. I can't see a partnership of those 2 up front for us working considering Kelly likes our team to hoof the ball at our strikers.

Very true, good thing about him is that he can play as a winger-cum striker as well. Anyways it is all wishful thinking next friday will be december 15th and no bid as yet.

I'd generally keep most things the same, we have some great young players already and only need a few additions to complete the jigsaw.

Logan

Stearman

Kisnorbo

McCarthy

Steven Hammell * (young Scottish left-back tipped for big things last summer, thinks Rangers were after him, but for some reason he's ended up at Southend)

Seb Carole* (from Leeds)

Williams

Denilson* (on loan from Arsenal, 19-year-old, CM, recently got a call-up to senior Brazil squad)

Pearson * (Celtic lad we were linked with not long ago)

Hume

Fryatt - I'm sticking with these two up front as I'm sure they'll come good again once Matty's fully fit again.

Subs: Hendo, McAuley, Wesolowski, Porter, Varney (from Crewe)

The thing is i think people are trying to be too realistic with the signings. Its about time our club tried to sign some decent players.

We'll probably be in the top 5 richest clubs in the Championship once the takeover is completed. Surely we have to sign players that are wanted by other clubs and are actually worth buying.

When was the last time we signed a player (not on a free) from a club above us in the league? All we ever do is sign League 1 and 2 players, or out of contract players.

This would be my team:

---Ashdown

---Stearman---McAuley---Kisnorbo---Armand Traore (Loan from Arsenal)

---Chambers---Soares---Weso---Ledley

---Hume---Mcleod

EDIT: I know Mcleod is in League 2 but he's an exceptional talent

How about a front line in a 4-3-3 of:-

Mifsud---Constantine---Hume

Well I put Constantine in as a striker who can hold the ball up, flick it on but he can actually score unlike our striker who can play like that.

Got a funny feeling the fans would take to Leo Constantine about aswell as they took to Mark de Vries.

13. Henderson - Overall he's a good keeper, get Logan on the bench and sell Rab - sorted!

17. Stearman - Come great recently, almost tempted to dump him back in CM, played our best this season then!

14. McAuley - He's been more consistant than Paddy Mc

03. Kisnorbo © - Where would we be without him?

15. Johansson - He's been very good this season, sad he's not playing at the moment

27. Porter - Little Levi, can't bring my heart to drop 'em

20. Wesolowski - We know what this guy can do...

08. Williams - He'll do a job.

34. S. Carole - I would love to get this guy in, very nifty french winger.

07. Hume - HUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEE

12. Fryatt - Let's give the lad a chance and get someone else to compete with Elvis, a big hit man like Trev lol

Bench: Logan, Kenton, Hammond, Hughes, Big Striker?

13. Henderson - Overall he's a good keeper, get Logan on the bench and sell Rab - sorted!

17. Stearman - Come great recently, almost tempted to dump him back in CM, played our best this season then!

14. McAuley - He's been more consistant than Paddy Mc

03. Kisnorbo © - Where would we be without him?

15. Johansson - He's been very good this season, sad he's not playing at the moment

27. Porter - Little Levi, can't bring my heart to drop 'em

20. Wesolowski - We know what this guy can do...

08. Williams - He'll do a job.

34. S. Carole - I would love to get this guy in, very nifty french winger.

07. Hume - HUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEE

12. Fryatt - Let's give the lad a chance and get someone else to compete with Elvis, a big hit man like Trev lol

Bench: Logan, Kenton, Hammond, Hughes, Big Striker?

That is who you'd like to see take the field end of Jan transfer window is it, essentially the same team that has got us in this mess to begin with bar one player, ooooh the adventure of it all, I sincerely hope Milan offers us more options.

Archived