Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Player ratings v Saints:

Henderson 6.5 (Two great saves but some shaky moments too and some iffy kicking).

Maybury 5.5 (Nothing of note defensively and no contribution in attack)

McAuley 5.5. (Nowhere to be seen for their first goal and never at his best)

Kisnorbo 6 (Miskicks, misplaced passes but some useful clearances too)

Nils 4.5 (One vital piece of covering but exposed in defence and disinclined to attack)

Hughes 5 (Lively enough at first but inconsequential later)

Williams 5 (Perhaps tried too hard to do everyone's job as well as his own and finished up doing nothing well. His touch was off, he lost possession, overhit free kicks, couldn't shoot and was caught in possession)

Tiatto 5.5 (Seemed to relish the conditions but his effect didn't really match his effort apart from getting rid of their winger with a robust challenge)

Porter 5.5 (Preoccupied with defence first half, received very little service and such decent passes as he did make were ruined by the linesman's offside flag)

Hammond 5.5 (One brilliant turn and pass should have made a goal for substitute Fryatt but was generally negated).

Hume 5 (Totally ineffective and increasingly frustrated).

Subs: Stearman 5.5 (Got forward more in a short appearance than Maybury did all match)

Fryatt 5.5 (Missed a golden chance. A couple of promising runs but he couldn't or wouldn't make a tellling pass to anyone).

McCarthy (not on long enough).

From the radio it sounded like they should have all got the marks that some people give Josh Low every week.

Definiely

Henderson 5

Maybury 4

Kisnorbo 5.5

McAuley 7

Nissa 4

Hughes 3.5 (Was never in the game at all therefore cant be given a mark really)

Tiatto 4

Williams 4

Levi 4

Hume 4

Elvis 4

That really is an honest and truthful reflection in my eyes

I think you're being too kind Thrac.

You might be right. Leicester were comprehensively overwhelmed and there's no getting away from it.

Perhaps subconsciously I didn't want to rub it in.

What worries me is that someone like Hullfox or Anish usually comes on with a few words of support and/or praise for City whenever there's criticism but so far I've seen read not one word of appreciation from anyone.

Surely someone's going to raise the City standard.

You might be right. Leicester were comprehensively overwhelmed and there's no getting away from it.

Perhaps subconsciously I didn't want to rub it in.

What worries me is that someone like Hullfox or Anish usually comes on with a few words of support and/or praise for City whenever there's criticism but so far I've seen read not one word of appreciation from anyone.

Surely someone's going to raise the City standard.

Ha ha, I don't get your rivalry with Anish and Hullfox, but I don't think anyone will remotely defend that performance today. I of course expect a redoubling of effort on the training ground, no doubt like you all.

I see that Anish has hit a nerve with you too now.

Henderson 3 - good saves make it higher but kicked shockingly, flapped at a few and nearly conceded when he let the ball through his arms only to catch it again in the second half.

Maybury 3 - Utterly non-existent, didn't see him in the game

Kisnorbo 4.5 - Some kind of captains responsibility for not grabbing the team and sorting them out. Performance wise it was also one of his worst.

McAuley 6 - Tried hard, probobly the only one to be honest but like everyone gave the ball away and did nothing when he went up front.

Nissa 3 - Exposed for pace, gave the ball away, looked disinterested and rightly subbed

Hughes 2.5 - Didn't notice him except when he gave the ball away, utterly useless.

Tiatto 3 - Did nothing, didn't keep the ball and the only slight improvement came when he went off. Don't know about others but I saw him kick-out at their player, was lucky not to be caught. Pisses me off!

Williams 4 - Looked disinterested, passed poorly (kept overhitting it)...like the Williams of old we thought/hoped had gone

Levi 5 - Worked hard, had to defend too much, was the only one who I felt might provide a spark BUT too lightweight and just got bullied off the ball most of the time

Hume 4 - Looked tired and out of the game except for a short period in the second half when I thought he might create something, went on a few runs. Him and Elvis didn't work well together.

Elvis 5 - Huffed and puffed. Didn't stop running all game but just wasn't up to standard. I still doubt his ability.

Fryatt - Looked lively BUT should have put the chance away late in the game for some pride. Needs confidence.

Stearman - Barely noticed him. Gave the ball away. Got the impression he wasn't going into tackles properly (maybe I was already annoyed)...eyeing a move and not wanting to get hurt..? Stupid late booking.

I feel the need to justify how low the marks I gave are but genuinly in comparison to an average Championship performance this was how far below we were, even in comparison to our average I think. It really was this poor.

Lots of 5 and 5.5's, I take it that it was as poor as people have been making out.

It was poor. Nils was really bad. Fair enough during the first half he was being put under alot of pressure down infront of us but he should have dealt with alot of things better.

Hammond's first touch problem seems to have been sorted but once he managed to get the ball down he never did anything with it!!

Its been mentioned before but Hendersons kicking was somwhat suspect, but he did make some good saves.

Fryatt was good when he came one. Bertfox mentioned about the defender reading the pass to Levi too well. Correct, he would have done better shotting for himself there.

Even when we loose i can stand up and applaud the players for the effort they put in, but today it just seemed like they couldn't be bothered. We have now payed the price.

Hendo 5.5 - Made some costly errors but also made some good saves towards the end.

Maybury 4 - To easy to beat gave ball away cheaply

Kisnorbo 4.5 - Good interceptions but still very poor

McAuley 5 - Again good interceptions but was getting no help from the other players.

Nisse 3 - Had a mare

Hughes 4 - easily tackled

William 4.5 - Non existant

Tiatto 4 - Very poor

Porter 5 - Had the occasional run but they soon came to an end against the caveman ostlund

Hume 4 - Looked of the pace(as did the rest of the squad)

Hammond 4.5 - Chased down occasional but was crap

Sub

Fryatt 6 - Looked lively but missed a sitter

Stearman 5 - Better than maybury

McCarthy - 4.5 Barely noticed he was on the pitch but i can remember their strikers getting through quite regularly towards the end.

There's the usual different viewpoint about individuals but I hope someone puts this lot and the Sunderland stats on Kelly's desk.

Cos as a manager I'd be utterly ashamed. You expect 75% of your players to put in a decent performance from any given game but really only Henderson could hold his head up from either of the two matches.

We didn't score we didn't have a shot on target, we created very little and we could have lost by five or more on both occasions.

The question next is: what should he do now assuming, before anyone suggests it, that he doesn't resign?

He should be getting hold of the guilty players, either individually or collectively, and reading them the riot act.

And he should be warning them in no uncertain terms that any repetition of those displays will see them either shipped out (if we can find buyers willing to take them off our hands) or left to rot.

The testing point will come not on Saturday, but in our next league game at Colchester. If we have the right attitude we should see them off easily. If we let the atmosphere get to us (as so many teams before us have done), they will turn us over.

Then we'll find who's fit to wear the shirt.

There's the usual different viewpoint about individuals but I hope someone puts this lot and the Sunderland stats on Kelly's desk.

Cos as a manager I'd be utterly ashamed. You expect 75% of your players to put in a decent performance from any given game but really only Henderson could hold his head up from either of the two matches.

We didn't score we didn't have a shot on target, we created very little and we could have lost by five or more on both occasions.

The question next is: what should he do now assuming, before anyone suggests it, that he doesn't resign?

I thought he was poor in both matches to be honest. Logan had 1 game where he conceded 4, 3 of them great strikes, and got dropped. Surely Hendo has to be dropped ahead of Fulham?

I thought he was poor in both matches to be honest. Logan had 1 game where he conceded 4, 3 of them great strikes, and got dropped. Surely Hendo has to be dropped ahead of Fulham?

Henderson was Ciiy's MoM by an embarrassing distance judging by player ratings, and one of the few whose performance clambered above 4 in many lists.

Yes he dropped a clanger or two but if we judged every player on every mistake at City this season it would be hard to justify putting anyone in the team.

Henderson's effect was to prevent 2-0 defeats being 5/6 goal slaughters.

Deep down I think Logan's the more solid keeper but that may be illusion and, so far, Kelly's decision to change them seems to have been justified though, like you, I couldn't really see any reason why he was dropped except in a bid to stop the goals leaking.

Kelly will be learning now, it's not poor goalkeeping that's costing us goals generally, it's poor left-backs, , getting caught in possession in central midfiel and how easily we give the ball away as a team which results in more pressure than any team will easily absorb.

What I like best about these threads are remarks like the following.

Hughes - Nowhere all game. No dedication, wasteful in possession, complete waste of space. Sulked second half. - 5

Williams - Never found a man in blue with his passes. No commitment. Woeful. - 6

5 and 6 are mediocre. Use them as such!

Archived