Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dandannieldanok

Kelly spouting tosh

After Southampton:

That left them looking to re-establish their equilibrium quickly and start the New Year in a style far different from the one in which they saw out the old year.

City manager Robert Kelly said: "The one positive to take out of Saturday was that we found ourselves with 48 hours to sort it all out against Sunderland at the Walkers Stadium.

"After Saturday's game, the feeling in our dressing room was that it couldn't come quickly enough.

We would have played it the next day if we could, such was the keenness to make up for it.

No enthusiasum to put anything right on the pitch today.

"It will be a good game for us. We didn't do ourselves justice against Southampton and the sooner the next game comes the better.

"When you have had a bad performance like that, the next one can't come quickly enough."

Whatever he might have felt like at the final whistle on Saturday because of the disappointing performance, Kelly remained disinclined to make sweeping changes in the wake of just one result.

In my eyes six changes is sweeping changes.

He said: "We will lick our wounds but, considering the good run we were having up to Saturday, we are not going to rip it all apart.

"We didn't play to our usual standards, we were beaten by a better team and now the next one has come very quickly.

Kelly, who did not blame the delay or the pitch for his side's defeat, added: "The sensible thing is to step back from

it and let your emotions immediately after a match settle down.

"Now we have got to go away and put it right again."

Why are managers like politicians....always trying to cover up the f-ing cracks.

I wish he would come out and say what really happened on that pitch.

Yes it does. Stuart pearce tells it how it is.

It'd upset a few people if Kelly started being brutally honest, as he wouldn't appear to be the "nice guy" everyone says he is :rolleyes: Unfortunately, being a nice guy doesn't often get you very far as a football manager. If the players lose respect for the manager (as I'm guessing happened a long time ago with Kelly) then they will not play for him and performances/results will reflect that.

I agree with you though, we need a bloke with the honesty of Stuart Pearce. The players wouldn't be so fooking complacent and disinterested, and they may actually play how they are requested to. The players need a good kick up the arse - a big fooking reality check - and Kelly isn't the man to give it to them. Making excuses all the time helps nobody.

Yes it does. Stuart pearce tells it how it is.

He sure does, just seen his interview with sky and he calls himself a tactical genious for bringing Samaras on at HT. All in jest but its nice to hear something orginal from the managers. Unlike the same old we hear every week.

Kelly would be loved by the majority of the fans if he just spoke the truth. Certainly more love than he has at present.

No..that's not true because if he really was forced to tell it as it is he would have to say "I'm a totally useless idiot who hasn't got a clue,I'm taking this club down a road to disaster.My player's have no respect for me particularly Matty Fryatt who show's utter contempt by not playing and blantantly taking pee.I got this job because nobody else really wanted it and I was in the right place at the right time...and I will keep saying we will do better next time for as long as the club keep paying me!" :whistle:

Archived