Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCIMPS

Hows big G McAuley getting on?

I beg to differ - one very neat bit of trickery close to the dugouts in the second half that showed he has (as they say) very good feet for a big man.

Yes,McAuley is very good with ball at his feet. when he was at Sincil Bank,everyone said he was great in air,but also he's great with ball at his feet.

Super Super Gareth, Super Super Gareth,Super Gareth McAuley!

I don't think McAuley was just 'solid' today, he really was excellent. Fulham did attack the left quite a bit, probably deliberately because we lacked width with two central players out there. He was brilliant. Tracked back well, didn't ballwatch, and best of all superhumanly cool and collected. I'm more impressed by him every week. Who needs Stearman? Flog him.

I don't think McAuley was just 'solid' today, he really was excellent. Fulham did attack the left quite a bit, probably deliberately because we lacked width with two central players out there. He was brilliant. Tracked back well, didn't ballwatch, and best of all superhumanly cool and collected. I'm more impressed by him every week. Who needs Stearman? Flog him.

And use the proceeds to give McAuley a better, longer contract. :thumbsup:

I think McAuley has confirmed himself as my favourite city player of the present squad.

I clearly backed a winner when we signed him in June. ;) ;) ;):thumbup:

And use the proceeds to give McAuley a better, longer contract. :thumbsup:

I think McAuley has confirmed himself as my favourite city player of the present squad.

I clearly backed a winner when we signed him in June. ;) ;) ;):thumbup:

Deffo. I don't think our defence is a problem at the moment at all. Definately our best area by a long way. All we need is a striker with a bit of extra quality, a right winger and a more attacking CM, and I literally think we'd just shoot up the table.

I will probably get shot on here but I think Rob Kelly has used the limited budget, in terms of wages, that he has pretty well.

Let's think about it:

mCauley has been a star

Welsh was promising first time and Low was deemed a good punt, both were not good enough and got rid off.

Kenton was obviously brought in just incase Maybs or Stearman or Kisornobo were off to other clubs, which was a very good possibility, and Darrent can play in many positions.

Also, in theory, Andy Johnson was a decent enought signing, however how were we to know his legs had gone.

Danny has been good so far so.. Kelly u done good.

• 2 weeks later...

great for him to score at last, probably been the only thing missing from his game since he came here.

Oh no yet another reminder of that fulham game - what a night it was got a feeling we'll never experience levels of support and atmosphere like it again for some time :cry:

Great to hear McAuley played well yet again. When and if you want sell/get rid could you please tell him to come back to Sincil Bank 1st. :thumbup:

Did you lot chant There Only One Gareth McAuley! today? :worship:

To me he is the next Steve Walsh (!! - well that is some compliment !!!) Can we now have Lee Frecklington please and you can have a pick of..

Rab Douglas

Elvis Hammond

Andy Johnson

To me he is the next Steve Walsh (!! - well that is some compliment !!!) Can we now have Lee Frecklington please and you can have a pick of..

Rab Douglas

Elvis Hammond

Andy Johnson

They can have all three if they like.

For free.

Three for free, can't say fairer than that. :ph34r:

Archived