Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mad Dog

Friendly vs. Mansfield

Well surely if he's playing well he deserves a recall and that must be a good thing with him being a City player and all

When Johnson plays well every week for as long as others I could name who have waited patiently and without an appeth of opportunity then he might have a case.

As far as I can recall Johnson's next good game for Leicester will be his first and we're halfway through the season.

It's funny how easy it is for some people to get touted for the first team and how hard it is for others.

When Johnson plays well every week for as long as others I could name who have waited patiently and without an appeth of opportunity then he might have a case.

As far as I can recall Johnson's next good game for Leicester will be his first and we're halfway through the season.

It's funny how easy it is for some people to get touted for the first team and how hard it is for others.

Second, but you are quite correct.

I think O'Grady will have a career in football, he's athletic and that is one of the main things they look for these days, however I don't think he has enough skill to make it at this level (at least not at this point in time with this team). He's made 25 appearances for us (7 starts) and I'm afraid I've made my mind up about him now (always open for him to change my opinion of him, he certainly hasn't had a long run in the side like other strikers so I won't write him off, but I'd be very surprised if he doesn't go in the summer, especially if MM takes over). He's older than Fryatt and only a couple of years younger than Hume and he can't compare to either of them in terms of goal-scoring or ability. Of course they've had the benefit of coming through at lower league clubs and getting the chances, which is the point I was making above with clubs hanging onto youth players for too long not being good for their personal careers.

7 starts isnt a massive amount to be fair. he needs a runt ostart scoring. whether that is at city or not is another thing

7 starts isnt a massive amount to be fair. he needs a runt ostart scoring. whether that is at city or not is another thing

But 25 appearances overall is quite a lot, fair enough most of those were 15 minutes, some weren't. If all his sub appearances were disregarded, then his record is 7 starts and 1 goal against League Two opposition. I'd agree he needs to have a run somewhere though, preferably at a League One club.

But 25 appearances overall is quite a lot, fair enough most of those were 15 minutes, some weren't. If all his sub appearances were disregarded, then his record is 7 starts and 1 goal against League Two opposition. I'd agree he needs to have a run somewhere though, preferably at a League One club.

That's fair enough. He'll get himself fit again, someone else will presumably pay his wages and he might make his case to another club.

Unlike so many fans who think his mainly brief appearances, often under strict tactical orders, are enough to convince them he's "shit" I think a fit Chris O'Grady is a reasonable player.

Trouble is he's a striker and I just cannot see him getting 15-25 goals a season at Leicester which is what we need.

He's already behind Hume, Fryatt and Hammond for a shirt and possibly Dodds too. With a takeover imminent you can bet at least one striker will be signed so where will his opportunities come from?

They won't - so move him on the let him try elsewhere.

This is Louis Dodds a striker? maybe we could sign him on loan for rest of season if we need to rest Forrester or Stallard now and again.

You can keep your hands off mate on Doddsy, but you can have O'Grady or Hammond - no problem. Do Lincoln also want Rab Douglas or Andy Johnson??

Hey nice to see Mark Stallard still being around. I remember him playing for the sheepsh*ggers (D*rby) about 1991/92 cos my sister's fella used to rate him. :blink:

Archived