Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mad Dog

Friendly vs. Mansfield

Rob Kelly was able to give a number of his first team squad players a run out when the Foxes took on Mansfield Town in a training game at Belvoir Drive on Tuesday afternoon.

Andy Johnson, who returned to training following a lengthy absence with an ankle injury on Monday, got 60 minutes of action under his belt, while Nisse Johansson, Darren Kenton, Richard Stearman, James Wesolowski, Chris O'Grady and Danny Cadamarteri also featured on the day.

For the record the Foxes ran out 5-0 winners - with youngsters Louis Dodds (3), Max gradel and Andy King grabbing the goals.

Get em in :ph34r:

I do feel for Dodds, he'll be off at the end of the season when his contract runs out, without even making an appearance, despite being around for (what feels like) ages. I don't like clubs keeping youngsters and not playing them for that amount of time, just look at Elvis Hammond.

I do feel for Dodds, he'll be off at the end of the season when his contract runs out, without even making an appearance, despite being around for (what feels like) ages. I don't like clubs keeping youngsters and not playing them for that amount of time, just look at Elvis Hammond.

Especially one that scores 20-25 goals a season in the youth and reserve teams.

No arguement there.

In defence of O'Grady, he also was scoring hat-tricks and 4 goal hauls in games for our reserves and youth team in the last season or so. It's enough to warrant a first team chance, but Dodds could fail to deliver aswell. We need to find out though, he needs a chance.

We've 6 strikers now though, it's unlikely he'll get one. Add to the fact MM could be taking over, meaning more strikers coming in no doubt.

In defence of O'Grady, he also was scoring hat-tricks and 4 goal hauls in games for our reserves and youth team in the last season or so. It's enough to warrant a first team chance, but Dodds could fail to deliver aswell. We need to find out though, he needs a chance.

We've 6 strikers now though, it's unlikely he'll get one. Add to the fact MM could be taking over, meaning more strikers coming in no doubt.

Generally speaking though his scoring record is nowhere near as good as Dodds at youth level, Dodds scored goals during the short time he was out on loan and O'Grady didn't during a longer stint.

It would be a shame if he left without making a apperance.

I think O'Grady will have a career in football, he's athletic and that is one of the main things they look for these days, however I don't think he has enough skill to make it at this level (at least not at this point in time with this team). He's made 25 appearances for us (7 starts) and I'm afraid I've made my mind up about him now (always open for him to change my opinion of him, he certainly hasn't had a long run in the side like other strikers so I won't write him off, but I'd be very surprised if he doesn't go in the summer, especially if MM takes over). He's older than Fryatt and only a couple of years younger than Hume and he can't compare to either of them in terms of goal-scoring or ability. Of course they've had the benefit of coming through at lower league clubs and getting the chances, which is the point I was making above with clubs hanging onto youth players for too long not being good for their personal careers.

Well, well, well. That's been a good read! :D

How did the quote go?

"You'll see, when Fryatts banging them in every week and Dodds is playing for Darlington I hope you hang your head." :whistle:

To be fair, He'll have to score against Mansfields first team if he's playing for Darlington, not the reserves.

Especially one that scores 20-25 goals a season in the youth and reserve teams.

Without a doubt! O'Grady doesn't do that well whilst Dodds is GREAT! We should strive not to let him go at the end of the season... he could really be a good one for us for next season.

Rob Kelly was able to give a number of his first team squad players a run out when the Foxes took on Mansfield Town in a training game at Belvoir Drive on Tuesday afternoon.

Andy Johnson, who returned to training following a lengthy absence with an ankle injury on Monday, got 60 minutes of action under his belt, while Nisse Johansson, Darren Kenton, Richard Stearman, James Wesolowski, Chris O'Grady and Danny Cadamarteri also featured on the day.

For the record the Foxes ran out 5-0 winners - with youngsters Louis Dodds (3), Max gradel and Andy King grabbing the goals

did i not say the other day that those players probably play in reserves games?(friendlys)

Archived