Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in a Box

Great Statements

Football is my religion - Jock Wallace

.....who famously liked to make his players sick by forcing them to run up and down sand dunes in pre-season training.

Bring back the wanlip sund dunes pre season! :thumbup:

This lot wouldn't last ten minutes with Jock Wallace AKA The Drill Sergeant!

Jock Wallace was decorated for gallantry as an NCO in a Highland Regiment in Malaya (fighting Chinese Communist Insurgents) He would never have understood namby-pambyism from footballers . What he would have made of the situation today doesn't bear thinking about!

Football is my religion - Jock Wallace

.....who famously liked to make his players sick by forcing them to run up and down sand dunes in pre-season training.

Bring back the wanlip sund dunes pre season! :thumbup:

A MUST SEE VIDEO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOMJMMtlJ-Y

Great vid. That looks a little too dangerous for the superstars of today who get injured every other match. I think it was Liverpool who won the title once only using 13 players. They use 30 now and still cant win it!

Classic Pleat - "I was inbred into the game by my father." (It explains a lot)

I can just imagine half our current squad looking at that hill and saying 'no thanks' i'm going to the spa!

When I was based near Glasgow we used to train on the same sand dunes at Gullane where Jock Wallace first got the idea from-torture it was-couldn't see me getting halfway up them now!

We need a manager like Jock Wallice, someone with heart and not afraid to be tough on the players and give em a bollocking!

i use to love seeing jock giving them a b0ll0cking from the touchline. i remember lineker saying on tv how he got him round the throat once. top bloke :thumbup:

i use to love seeing jock giving them a b0ll0cking from the touchline. i remember lineker saying on tv how he got him round the throat once. top bloke :thumbup:

Are you sure he didnt used to pull him by the ears???!

Jock Wallace was decorated for gallantry as an NCO in a Highland Regiment in Malaya (fighting Chinese Communist Insurgents) He would never have understood namby-pambyism from footballers . What he would have made of the situation today doesn't bear thinking about!

Where's a nodding yet standing proudly and saluting smilie when you need one?

Archived