Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
toonfox

Karl Hawley

We're not going to sign this guy. Especially not for the 500k being bandied about by everyone. If we couldn't afford Joey G for 150k, and the Milan deal is temporarily off, how the fook are we going to come up with 500k? My guess is we aren't. It isn't on. Simple as.

We're not going to sign this guy. Especially not for the 500k being bandied about by everyone. If we couldn't afford Joey G for 150k, and the Milan deal is temporarily off, how the fook are we going to come up with 500k? My guess is we aren't. It isn't on. Simple as.

:dance: Walking in a weeta-wonderland. :bounce:

Martin George, ladies and gentlemen - the answer to ALL our problems. :smile:

:dance: Walking in a weeta-wonderland. :bounce:

Martin George, ladies and gentlemen - the answer to ALL our problems. :smile:

And when do you suppose this Martin George will take over the club (if indeed he will/plans to/does?). It's the 30th of January today, the window shuts on Wednesday afternoon, and if the Milan Mandaric debacle is anything to go by, we wouldn't even be able to make a loan signing by the time he assumes control.

And when do you suppose this Martin George will take over the club (if indeed he will/plans to/does?). It's the 30th of January today, the window shuts on Wednesday afternoon, and if the Milan Mandaric debacle is anything to go by, we wouldn't even be able to make a loan signing by the time he assumes control.

Don't you dare apply logic to this.

We're in the midst of an exciting takeover - either by Mandy or Martin. Logic plays no role in takeovers such as ours. Clearly. :smile:

Perhaps joeb's mate with right, after all. Perhaps Mandaric did give the club 2 million quid to blow on players before he signs. :dunno:

Stranger things have happened.

Don't you dare apply logic to this.

We're in the midst of an exciting takeover - either by Mandy or Martin. Logic plays no role in takeovers such as ours. Clearly. :smile:

Perhaps joeb's mate with right, after all. Perhaps Mandaric did give the club 2 million quid to blow on players before he signs. :dunno:

Stranger things have happened.

:laugh: You might need some sleep! lol

Nah I see what you mean, stranger things have happened, and I can imagine that if Milan was definitely in this for the long haul, then he could well have given us an advance on transfer funds even though he isn't in charge yet. But surely the club would have acted by now if they'd been given money? I mean, what with that miserable performance on Saturday, surely they'd have wanted to bring somebody in during the week so that they can train for the most part with the team and debut on Saturday in what is almost a "must-win" game?

I might be clutching at straws as I don't know what is going on behind the scenes, but my guess is that we're still penniless and will not be bringing anyone in before the transfer window closes. I just think that the club would definitely have acted by now were we going to make improvements.

:laugh: You might need some sleep! lol

Nah I see what you mean, stranger things have happened, and I can imagine that if Milan was definitely in this for the long haul, then he could well have given us an advance on transfer funds even though he isn't in charge yet. But surely the club would have acted by now if they'd been given money? I mean, what with that miserable performance on Saturday, surely they'd have wanted to bring somebody in during the week so that they can train for the most part with the team and debut on Saturday in what is almost a "must-win" game?

I might be clutching at straws as I don't know what is going on behind the scenes, but my guess is that we're still penniless and will not be bringing anyone in before the transfer window closes. I just think that the club would definitely have acted by now were we going to make improvements.

Can't believe you're trying to rationalize it! lol lol lol

Joeb's mate is probably a bit soft in the head. People don't go around giving money out for clubs to piss up the wall when there's no guarantee he'll ever see the money again, or that he'll even have means of reclaiming it through revenue generation. :o

lol

PS: You're clearly WRONG about the Stella, mate. lol

Can't believe you're trying to rationalize it! lol lol lol

Joeb's mate is probably a bit soft in the head. People don't go around giving money out for clubs to piss up the wall when there's no guarantee he'll ever see the money again, or that he'll even have means of reclaiming it through revenue generation. :o

lol

PS: You're clearly WRONG about the Stella, mate. lol

If I don't make rational posts in the LC Forum, I'll no doubt be banned or heavily moderated, so leave me alone if I'm trying to be sensible! :P

And I am not wrong about the Stella, it has actually helped quite a bit tonight I think. :smile: :thumbsup:

So are you going for the idea that Milan has or hasn't given us an advance on transfer funds??

Anyway, if we did get some money to spend, then I'm sure we could attract a better player than this Hawley. If everyone is honest, I don't think many had heard of him before he was linked with a move here, so he can't even have been that impressive in the lower echelons of English football.

Milan? Giving us two million just like that?

Cat in hell's chance mate... he's left us high and dry. Rightly so. We'd only waste it. :whistle:

Couldn't blame him if he had left us to be quite honest. We gave him the green light to look at the books in November was it? Since then it has been one excuse and complication after another. It has annoyed the fook out of us as fans, so I can only imagine it has been all the more aggravating for the bloke who wanted to buy us. He has openly stated a few times (though I'm unsure how much of it was to just win us around) that he hoped the deal would be concluded by the end of a given week. It wasn't. Probably not even close. If we have fooked this up, I'd say we only had ourselves to blame. And if we slip down the leagues and begin to rot, we know who to blame.

We're still on target for completion before Birmingham at home. ;)

Aye lol I seem to remember Milan saying he wanted to be in charge before this game! :P

Though he was lucky it got cancelled otherwise he'd have failed to get what he wanted and I think he'd have been less happy than he already isn't.

Btw, has there been any news on when the Birmingham fixture will be replayed??

Aye lol I seem to remember Milan saying he wanted to be in charge before this game! :P

Though he was lucky it got cancelled otherwise he'd have failed to get what he wanted and I think he'd have been less happy than he already isn't.

Btw, has there been any news on when the Birmingham fixture will be replayed??

Milan knows what he's doing :ph34r:

P.S. Has this turned into the rumour/Milan has submitted his formal bid threads beacuse i sure miss reading those! :cry:

Couldn't blame him if he had left us to be quite honest. We gave him the green light to look at the books in November was it? Since then it has been one excuse and complication after another. It has annoyed the fook out of us as fans, so I can only imagine it has been all the more aggravating for the bloke who wanted to buy us. He has openly stated a few times (though I'm unsure how much of it was to just win us around) that he hoped the deal would be concluded by the end of a given week. It wasn't. Probably not even close. If we have fooked this up, I'd say we only had ourselves to blame. And if we slip down the leagues and begin to rot, we know who to blame.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHH.

For the last time, Milan is operating on his own timetable, for his own reasons. The delays are due to him challeneging every little detail to get the price down. He could have made the offer in November and been in by Christmas. Don't believe the hype. The reason he complains / talks about deadlines in the media is to wind you up and put more pressure on the baord to accept whatever it is he finally offers. Which I suspect might well be bugger all.

Next step, watch as Milan offers nothing, gets rejected and piles on the pressure by encouraging Fans to protest until the board would pay him to take the club off their hands. All in the name of cash.

I'm beggining to sound like Chandler... :o

I read in the Sunday Sport that we are signing Ronaldo from under the noses of Milan. He would eb an OK signing but he needs to lose a little weight. I cant see him dislodging Elvis that easily though.

I read in the Sunday Sport that we are signing Ronaldo from under the noses of Milan. He would eb an OK signing but he needs to lose a little weight. I cant see him dislodging Elvis that easily though.

Nah, Elvis has pace Ronaldo doesn't, and Elvis isn't in desperate need of a highly skilled orthadontist.

Archived