Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
knightonfox

5 key points to replicating old kop feeling

5 things missing ever since we moved to walkers:

1. Massive ticker tape welcomings every time team comes onto pitch at 5 to three. Not just a couple of ripped up tickets. I remember when loads of people used to bring in sporting blues and rip them up. Paper used to blow round for ages and goal mouth would be covered.

2. Player songs sung to majority of players as warming up before match. Song gets louder until player acknowledges with hand clap above head. Crowd then moves onto next player.

3. Crowd in seats earlier and songs started well before teams come onto pitch. loads of teams fans used to comment on how loud we were at filbert street up to half an hour before kick off for big games.

4. Persistent bursts of one song going on for 10-15 minutes during the game. These always have an impact on performance from players as song gets louder and louder. only experienced this a couple of times at the walkers. Rob kelly's blue and white army is always sung way too fast, speeding up and fizzles out after a few bursts because people cant keep up with the pace. Remember 'Brian little's blue n white army' used to go on for ages.

5. 'When you're smiling' sung loudly and proudly with everyone joining in with wiggly hands

1. Massive ticker tape welcomings every time team comes onto pitch at 5 to three. Not just a couple of ripped up tickets. I remember when loads of people used to bring in sporting blues and rip them up. Paper used to blow round for ages and goal mouth would be covered.

2. Player songs sung to majority of players as warming up before match. Song gets louder until player acknowledges with hand clap above head. Crowd then moves onto next player.

3. Crowd in seats earlier and songs started well before teams come onto pitch. loads of teams fans used to comment on how loud we were at filbert street up to half an hour before kick off for big games.

4. Persistent bursts of one song going on for 10-15 minutes during the game. These always have an impact on performance from players as song gets louder and louder. only experienced this a couple of times at the walkers. Rob kelly's blue and white army is always sung way too fast, speeding up and fizzles out after a few bursts because people cant keep up with the pace. Remember 'Brian little's blue n white army' used to go on for ages.

5. 'When you're smiling' sung loudly and proudly with everyone joining in with wiggly hands

6. Start winning on the pitch!

Excellent post.

Regarding number 3, it's a long way from the front of the queue at the bar in the concourse to people's seats especially at the back of the Kop. I don't think it's seen as particularly "cool" to go and take your place half an hour before the game these days. Back in the day you could get your pie and pint and walk 20 metres and be stood in position ready to belt out a few classics.

And number 4, I remember Brian Littles Blue And White Army lasted a good 20 minutes once at the end of one season - think we were playing Newcastle. That has always amazed me.

The only 1 that metters is that people have the passion for LCFC that much that they cannot sit down, stop singing, its about being proud of who we are not anything else, the other elements will come.

Filbert Street was special to all of us, the walkers is not special at all to me, is a cold depressing arena which has dank dour football and shit fans!

Attitude is the key here, L1 the Kop and block N colud you imagine all singing loud and proud?

Also tradition is missing that could easily be put back with the old PHG, and little music played at an ambient volume not one which discourages singing!

Well I agree all of your comments are fondly remembered... seems we have a problem though!

How long do you think you would last in the ground if you ripped up a whole newspaper and tried to throw it on the pitch? :blink:

Which players do you want to sing about after Saturday? :cry: 3. Crowd in seats earlier and songs started well before teams come onto pitch. loads of teams fans used to comment on how loud we were at filbert street up to half an hour before kick off for big games.

Not possible in Walkers sadly because of accoustics! :dunno:

Would be great but Brian is long gone..MON is a distant memory and if you think anyone will sing anything about Kelly other than "out" your living in cloud cuckoo land!

That's the problem...we ain't smiling!..no disrespect I remember it all and dearly wish the good times back just like you do but we are quite simply the worst team I have seen in Leicester shirts in my lifetime (and that's a long time!) :cry:

That's the problem...we ain't smiling!..no disrespect I remember it all and dearly wish the good times back just like you do but we are quite simply the worst team I have seen in Leicester shirts in my lifetime (and that's a long time!) :cry:

I hate to agree baldy but once again your on the ball but the least we can do is support the idea, turnout to block N and give it a bloody good go, In the words of Mel Gibson......

They can take our decent players who were worth mentioning, money, dignity, respect, they can laugh at us, they can point, they can say oooh look at those who wish to shout, swear, be a silly arse on a satdi, they can take your fags, booze, and your memories of what decent footy food was like, but my friends they can never take your passiooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnn aaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggh :P

I disagree with your first comment.

I took more than one newspaper on saturday and handed it out accross the back rows.

I just collect all the junk paper i get and rip it up on a saturday morn :P:whistle:

Agree with some of the rest but at least we are trying to do something about it. we need your support

We have got to get out of this attitude of "sing when your winning". I remember in the late 80s/early 90s that despite having a shite side that included the likes of Tony Spearing and Alan Paris (Player of the year lol) and being near the bottom of the league and watching the game in a below par stadium (but a great one) in front of 7 or 8 thousands fans at times against cack like Oxford (havent they done well) that one thing was guaranteed, we would have a sing song and leave with a voice like Jade Goodys mum.

I think recent succesful years have seen us become too comfy. A lovely new stadium, trophies in the cabinet and having players that play for us that we have sold on for £11m and have afforded £5m transfer fee`s on one player.

Despite having a moan, like we are all entitled to do on these forums about the state of the clubs finances and performance, we should always put that behind us when matchday comes. The bottom line is that you pay money and should get value for it regardless of whats actually happening on the pitch IMO. If we play shite and get beat its a double whammy to think you sat there like a lemon moaning at the players and not bothering to join in on the singing!! Lets get it back to the old less succesful days and get behind the team and we may end up with a home record that is better than the cack we currently witness.

We have got to get out of this attitude of "sing when your winning". I remember in the late 80s/early 90s that despite having a shite side that included the likes of Tony Spearing and Alan Paris (Player of the year lol) and being near the bottom of the league and watching the game in a below par stadium (but a great one) in front of 7 or 8 thousands fans at times against cack like Oxford (havent they done well) that one thing was guaranteed, we would have a sing song and leave with a voice like Jade Goodys mum.

I think recent succesful years have seen us become too comfy. A lovely new stadium, trophies in the cabinet and having players that play for us that we have sold on for £11m and have afforded £5m transfer fee`s on one player.

Despite having a moan, like we are all entitled to do on these forums about the state of the clubs finances and performance, we should always put that behind us when matchday comes. The bottom line is that you pay money and should get value for it regardless of whats actually happening on the pitch IMO. If we play shite and get beat its a double whammy to think you sat there like a lemon moaning at the players and not bothering to join in on the singing!! Lets get it back to the old less succesful days and get behind the team and we may end up with a home record that is better than the cack we currently witness.

You who sit and clap must admit the man has a point! Who are you to complain about the players efforts if yours are seriously wanting on a matchday

I miss Filbo too, however, it is possible to get an atmosphere at the Walkers too.

Games I remember for their atmosphere are...

Obviously the Villa game this season wasnt bad, the game against Man City when 'get that Dickov' missed a peno, and the game against Pompey when we were both goin up and it ended 1-1 thanks to a Matt Taylor wonder strike... <_<

I miss Filbo too, however, it is possible to get an atmosphere at the Walkers too.

Obviously the Villa game this season wasnt bad, the game against Man City when 'get that Dickov' missed a peno, and the game against Pompey when we were both goin up and it ended 1-1 thanks to a Matt Taylor wonder strike... <_<

Wasn't as good as the goal from the Mighty Trev to put us in front though.

:ph34r::whistle:

This season the games vs Villa, Fulham, and Barnsley were the omnly ones worth a metion as far as the atmos goes

The best one was the game against Forest, when winning almost guaranteed our promotion. I remember the South Stand shaking that night. We didn't sit down once!

You who sit and clap must admit the man has a point! Who are you to complain about the players efforts if yours are seriously wanting on a matchday

I'm 100% with that.

But if the people around me (behind the Kop end goal) are any indication there are long-standing diehard fans who are just despairing and are simply losing heart.

One summed it up when Maybury had his shot and he said "I can't be bothered to cheer, we'll only be back to normal in a minute."

As others have said, all the off-field efforts imaginable will not work if we don't start playing exciting football on the field.

And as He's Not Bald says, this is one of the worst City sides ever.

There are no real heroes and no real characters. The Horse might change that but it's late in his day.

Otherwise, in artistic terms, we're all pastel shades and no vivid colours.

And even such colours as we do have aren't properly set off by the team that frames them.

Im not saying to start clapping as soon as Elvis Hammond has got caught offside for the 5th time in 20 minutes, Im just saying that alot of the points that was made my the person who originated this thread used to be in force BEFORE we got god under MON. All I am asking is that we all join in the singing and sing your hearts out for the lads. Too many people either dont get involved or cant wait for someone to mess up so they can slag him off.

Forget keep the faith, just sing for your team and back them!

Im not saying to start clapping as soon as Elvis Hammond has got caught offside for the 5th time in 20 minutes, Im just saying that alot of the points that was made my the person who originated this thread used to be in force BEFORE we got god under MON. All I am asking is that we all join in the singing and sing your hearts out for the lads. Too many people either dont get involved or cant wait for someone to mess up so they can slag him off.

Forget keep the faith, just sing for your team and back them!

Talking of losing faith i barrack that begger ever week as i'm fed up not with him as he will never be a footballer but with kelly for even giving him a 100000000000000000th chance to prove he may have it!

Talking of losing faith i barrack that begger ever week as i'm fed up not with him as he will never be a footballer but with kelly for even giving him a 100000000000000000th chance to prove he may have it!

We cant knock the player for being shite, thats down to the manager who signed him and then decides to play him!!! The frustrating them with Elvis is he has what is priceless at this level, pace! Maybe RK hopes that one day he will bang his head falling out of bed and develop a great touch, deadly finish and a footballing brain to go with that pace. Knowing Elvis`s luck the fall would probably make him forget how to run!

I'm 100% with that.

But if the people around me (behind the Kop end goal) are any indication there are long-standing diehard fans who are just despairing and are simply losing heart.

One summed it up when Maybury had his shot and he said "I can't be bothered to cheer, we'll only be back to normal in a minute."

As others have said, all the off-field efforts imaginable will not work if we don't start playing exciting football on the field.

And as He's Not Bald says, this is one of the worst City sides ever.

There are no real heroes and no real characters. The Horse might change that but it's late in his day.

Otherwise, in artistic terms, we're all pastel shades and no vivid colours.

And even such colours as we do have aren't properly set off by the team that frames them.

I understand the " what's the point of it all mentallity as it gets me sometimes, but i along with all of you will be here for a long time seeing out this bunch of frankly no hopers! When MM's chequebook arrives it must bring in a little bit of quality to the side, even the most anti milan supporter could not possibly tell me that he would not improve things as they stand! So that is where my hope comes from.

I am also a koppite, but i stand on the top row of E3 and there are a few lads who still have the will to sing and get everyone to join in, recently the lower kop has been terrible and will join in with maybe 3 songs at the start then stop all game, and the guys just say thats it i'm off to L1 these ******* just won't sing and i agree with them why should they continue to try? Thing is I have no choice I'm LCFC through what has been and whats happening now and whatever tomorrow brings so i will just have to keep on singing on my own won't i!

Archived