Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
knightonfox

5 key points to replicating old kop feeling

It really frustrates me when hardly anyone gets behind the team, that's what we're there for. TO SUPPORT. Taake Saturday for instance, we didn't start getting behind the lads until Luton had scored.

We cant knock the player for being shite, thats down to the manager who signed him and then decides to play him!!! The frustrating them with Elvis is he has what is priceless at this level, pace! Maybe RK hopes that one day he will bang his head falling out of bed and develop a great touch, deadly finish and a footballing brain to go with that pace. Knowing Elvis`s luck the fall would probably make him forget how to run!

I agree but its like saying to Dwain Chambers you will do coz you can run quicker than most.

Elvis is just not up to the job, anymore discription would be overstating his fotballing abilities

Have to say I'd argue that the main problem with the loss of atmosphere in the kop is that it's right at the other end of the ground to the away fans!! I know a lot of fans have tried to remedy this by creating a second 'mini kop' closer, but it results in the main 'singing' contingent of our support being scattered and spread out in such a way that nobody really sings.

I'm almost certain that if the away section was moved to the corner closer to the kop there would be a much much better atmosphere, purely because everyone would have someone to sing to and respond to, rather than just distant and often indecipherable murmorings on the other side of the ground.

thats my tuppence worth anyhows..

Have to say I'd argue that the main problem with the loss of atmosphere in the kop is that it's right at the other end of the ground to the away fans!! I know a lot of fans have tried to remedy this by creating a second 'mini kop' closer, but it results in the main 'singing' contingent of our support being scattered and spread out in such a way that nobody really sings.

I'm almost certain that if the away section was moved to the corner closer to the kop there would be a much much better atmosphere, purely because everyone would have someone to sing to and respond to, rather than just distant and often indecipherable murmorings on the other side of the ground.

thats my tuppence worth anyhows..

Dead right.

I wish people would stop calling the south stand 'The Kop' it's an insult to what went before. L1 is clearly the new kop.

I agree but its like saying to Dwain Chambers you will do coz you can run quicker than most.

Elvis is just not up to the job, anymore discription would be overstating his fotballing abilities

If I were manager a player like Elvis wouldnt be anywhere my squad but if he plays, we should cheer him on to let him think that we are behind him. The problem is players can hear the groans if they mis-place a pass and all that does is give them even less confidence.

Anyway, Dwain Chambers is playing American football now lol

It really frustrates me when hardly anyone gets behind the team, that's what we're there for. TO SUPPORT. Taake Saturday for instance, we didn't start getting behind the lads until Luton had scored.

I must've been in a different ground. I thought we were OK after we scored until they did. Then the ground went silent, pretty much till the last 10.

I must've been in a different ground. I thought we were OK after we scored until they did. Then the ground went silent, pretty much till the last 10.

Wasn't exactly loud in the last 10 though was it? People had already started leaving and it seemed as though the only people who were prepared to get behind the team were the usual suspects in all honesty - those at the back of the Kop and a few people dotted around the middle and front. It's hardly enough really is it?

20,000 people there to support a football team, a couple of thousand at the very most join in. It's hardly good is it?

This is what the Block N idea is about. It is a mixture of trying to restore the banter with away fans and by also congregating singers in one section rather than having them scattered and attempting to combat the away noise, which always seems to overpower what ever we can muster.

If people truly want to remedy the atmosphere situation at the ground, join us for the Coventry game and experience what it is like to have an entire section of singers passionately supporting Leicester with the added spice of some chanting with the away fans. The club truly believe this idea will work and want it to succeed. This is such a glorious opportunity!

Let's just hope that apathy does not ruin the day and we can make incredible noise to inspire the team and show the Sky Blues exactly what passion is about! I am really quite excited about the prospect as i know of several fans that are moving across. It will be a special day and hopefully a permanent fixture for the future! :chant::yahoo::scarf:

Dead right.

I wish people would stop calling the south stand 'The Kop' it's an insult to what went before. L1 is clearly the new kop.

L1..the new Kop!!!!....you're having a laugh arn't you? Can never hear the 'singers' in L1...never have..probably never will. Not sure that N1 will work either. People who have been folowing the Ultra saga will know that I support it as a movement and a principle but it should IMHO remain (I was going to to put Kop) in the South Stand. The South Stand will become the Kop when there is a team in blue shirts who "play their hearts out for the fans" This day will come!

KEEP IT IN THE KOP(SOUTH STAND)!

Archived