Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

Worst chant ever

Well the right side sings: We're the right side, we're the right side, we're the right side over here.

Then the left side replies: We're the left side, we're the left side, we're the left side over here

And it carries on...

Its a great chant and can see it catching on.

For anyone who was in the concourse before the game and at half time - it was sung thier as well ... brilliant

"I am standing here..."

"Well, you know what? I am standing over here..."

"Yah? Boo sucks to you, I continue to stand over here..."

"Hmm? Well... I am maintaining my stance of standing over here..."

"Doth you prolong this charade? I say once more to you, I stand here..."

"I re-iterate, I am standing here..."

It was funny for about a minute then just got crap, dull and utterly irrelevant. If the point is to sing about the names of two stands/areas (ala Southampton) then that's one thing but "right side" and "left side" is just rubbish. It's got nothing to do with the team and instead we could all sing things that back the team properly.

First we moan about no singing.

Now we moan about what's being sung.

Stop fvcking thinking about it too much and just sing. Whatever it is!

So what if some aren't literary masterpieces, in my opinion the more noise the better.

This is football, not a poet's society.

I agree that any noise is good noise but yesterday the fans could have sung all game without that and if we have a choice (like we did yesterday) then we should be trying to sing to get behind the team a bit more. If it's done at home then I hope 'left' and 'right' is replaced by something to do with the club. If that get's people singing who otherwise won't sing anything else then fair enough but i'm not sure that is the case.

I agree that any noise is good noise but yesterday the fans could have sung all game without that and if we have a choice (like we did yesterday) then we should be trying to sing to get behind the team a bit more. If it's done at home then I hope 'left' and 'right' is replaced by something to do with the club. If that get's people singing who otherwise won't sing anything else then fair enough but i'm not sure that is the case.

By the sounds of it there was a lot of singing about the team as well.

I just don't like the idea of getting all selective.

Less thinking, more singing.

First we moan about no singing.

Now we moan about what's being sung.

Stop fvcking thinking about it too much and just sing. Whatever it is!

So what if some aren't literary masterpieces, in my opinion the more noise the better.

This is football, not a poet's society.

It's the equivalent of putting up with Chris O'Grady just cos he came through the Academy and put the effort in when you've got Iain Hume on the bench.

This N1 idea is a great chance to build something new, not just nick shit, mindless chants off other clubs. It seems I'm in the minority though so it doesn't matter. That particular chant just winds me up cos they sing it down at Northampton all the time and it gets f**king irritating.

Block N and L ??

:dunno::thumbup:

It's the equivalent of putting up with Chris O'Grady just cos he came through the Academy and put the effort in when you've got Iain Hume on the bench.

This N1 idea is a great chance to build something new, not just nick shit, mindless chants off other clubs. It seems I'm in the minority though so it doesn't matter. That particular chant just winds me up cos they sing it down at Northampton all the time and it gets f**king irritating.

I'm not gonna deny that certain songs get a little irritating after awhile but the average group of football supporters aren't gonna give you Shakespeare.

Spontaneous songs are often the best, I still to this day think about ginger pubes. But on the whole if, for the sake of noise, we sing these crapper songs then so be it.

I'm not gonna deny that certain songs get a little irritating after awhile but the average group of football supporters aren't gonna give you Shakespeare.

Spontaneous songs are often the best, I still to this day think about ginger pubes. But on the whole if, for the sake of noise, we sing these crapper songs then so be it.

Please rephrase lol

By the sounds of it there was a lot of singing about the team as well.

I just don't like the idea of getting all selective.

Less thinking, more singing.

I agree that at least we're singing something but surely you can see why singing stuff that shows the team we're behind them is better? We've got plenty of songs but at away games when it's easier to control because there is a tight (and good sized) group of singers we can bring more out, especially chants about the players. Kisnorbo got a few yesterday and that kind of thing will do wonders if they're confidence.

Block N and L ??

:dunno::thumbup:

I thought there was something about L1 and Kopites or something along those lines?

:dunno: I'm an idealist. ;)

agreed and no better example imo is the "stand up if you love Leicester" song which is probably the most boring and unimaginative song ever!! makes me cringe every time

You only like it cos you think they're singing;

"We're on the left side, we're on the left side, we're on the left side of Wils's hair..."

And in JME's case

"We're on the left side, we're on the left side, we're on the left side of Wils's hair... Arse

:whistle:

Archived