Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Geo V

What are the chances of Nissa staying now?

I know Nils has been quoted as wanting to move away in the summer, presumably to a Premiership club but what are the chances of him staying put now we have an ambitious chairman and some exciting times ahead? I hope he stays around as long as he sharpens up and stays away from Micky D`s!

Who else is OOC? Tiatto goes back to Oz for one and Williams was OOC but punted on in January. Are there any other first teamers out of contract? I think Cada`s deal runs out at the end of the season and I cant see him getting another deal.

I know Nils has been quoted as wanting to move away in the summer, presumably to a Premiership club but what are the chances of him staying put now we have an ambitious chairman and some exciting times ahead? I hope he stays around as long as he sharpens up and stays away from Micky D`s!

Nisse has been solid as a rock at left back this season. I'd like him to stay for definate.

We had two keepers who were expiring, but both have since been given new contracts.

Nissa and Tiatto are both out of contract, indeed. Tiatto's future has been resolved, though.

Additionally, Johnson, Cadamarteri and Dodds are all out of contract in the summer.

We do have an option for a second year of Johnson, should the management decide to take it and Johnson decides to accept it. So his future isn't quite so open as Nissa's.

The list of players who expire around June 2008 (end of next season) is a fair bit bigger. Seasoned pros like De Vries, Maybury, Douglas along with the likes of Hughes, Sheehan and Wesolowski, Hume, McCarthy, Kenton and probably Hammond.

Basically, come August 2008 we could have as few as 5 or 6 players from the current squad. :ermm:

Of the five expiring players - Tiatto, Dodds, Cadamarteri, Johansson, Johnson - I can only really see one with a decent shout of being renewed: Johansson.

I reckon four of them will leave at least... perhaps Nissa will be extended. But with the number of players Mandaric is said to have his eye on, I really can't see us keeping too many of the expiring players. He's on about bringing in three players now... so we could easily lose three of the five at the end of the season, you'd imagine.

I reckon the squad is going to undergo a major transformation (for about the 6th season in the last 7) once more in the summer. ;)

Basically, come August 2008 we could have as few as 5 or 6 players from the current squad. :ermm:

Which could be a bad thing. We need time for the club to grow together of the rest of this and next season, and it will makes things awkward if we off too many players in pursuit of 'higher targets'.

I would like Nisse to stay since RK has sorted our defence. Slowly but surely we are moving towards a preferred midfield which will only be accelerated now Milan is at the helm.

I would prefer midfield and forward targets over the summer. If Horsfield and Yeats perform well, I'd like to see them on board for the haul. Tiatto is already leaving, and it may also involve offing some of the underperforming midfielders.

Of the five expiring players - Tiatto, Dodds, Cadamarteri, Johansson, Johnson - I can only really see one with a decent shout of being renewed: Johansson.

I reckon four of them will leave at least... perhaps Nissa will be extended. But with the number of players Mandaric is said to have his eye on, I really can't see us keeping too many of the expiring players. He's on about bringing in three players now... so we could easily lose three of the five at the end of the season, you'd imagine.

I reckon the squad is going to undergo a major transformation (for about the 6th season in the last 7) once more in the summer. ;)

Johnson is not "out of contract" so to speak, he was given a one year deal with a option of a second should we want it, so all we have to do is tell him we're taking that option up in order to keep him here. Which, if Kelly is still in charge he will take.

Which could be a bad thing. We need time for the club to grow together of the rest of this and next season, and it will makes things awkward if we off too many players in pursuit of 'higher targets'.

I would like Nisse to stay since RK has sorted our defence. Slowly but surely we are moving towards a preferred midfield which will only be accelerated now Milan is at the helm.

I would prefer midfield and forward targets over the summer. If Horsfield and Yeats perform well, I'd like to see them on board for the haul. Tiatto is already leaving, and it may also involve offing some of the underperforming midfielders.

I agree, and i'm guessing we would have a decent shot at getting Yeates, because he isnt going to get into the Spurs team ahead of Lennon, and isnt Routledge still contracted to them, just out on loan?? If so, im sure theyd let him go for not-too-higher price.

And regarding Nils, im not debating for one second he has been good, but if im honest, i wouldnt be that bothered if he left. Im sure with not too much money we could find a decent replacement. Obviously, it would make things easier to just keep him though!

Johnson is not "out of contract" so to speak, he was given a one year deal with a option of a second should we want it, so all we have to do is tell him we're taking that option up in order to keep him here. Which, if Kelly is still in charge he will take.

A point I made in my earlier post in this thread. ;)

He is essentially out of contract unless the club tells him explicitly that we're giving him a second year.

If we bound and gag RK at season's end, there's a good chance Johnson will leave. :ph34r:

A point I made in my earlier post in this thread. ;)

He is essentially out of contract unless the club tells him explicitly that we're giving him a second year.

If we bound and gag RK at season's end, there's a good chance Johnson will leave. :ph34r:

I've met Nissa a few times and had a good chat with him in Terrace bar a couple of weeks ago. I told him the majority of fans would like him to stay on next season, particularly with the takeover looming and money being available to improve other areas of the team, however he did seem to be holding something back, possibly the fact he WILL be leaving in the summer. As several of you have managed, he's very solid and can do a job, and he's a genuinley nice bloke, he even came over to our table and said goodbye when he left. Top fella..... :thumbup:

I've met Nissa a few times and had a good chat with him in Terrace bar a couple of weeks ago. I told him the majority of fans would like him to stay on next season, particularly with the takeover looming and money being available to improve other areas of the team, however he did seem to be holding something back, possibly the fact he WILL be leaving in the summer. As several of you have managed, he's very solid and can do a job, and he's a genuinley nice bloke, he even came over to our table and said goodbye when he left. Top fella..... :thumbup:

I always question these average footballers who sign deals with a view to not renewing it and leaving on a bosman to soak up that lucrative signing-on fee. Nils seems like that type of player. He isnt a world beater but always wants to move on. It would be dissapointing if he moved on to another Championship club for another payday instead of sticking around and hopefully enjoying some success on a club that is heading upwards.

I didnt realise that AJ`s contract is up in the summer too. I think we`ll re-sign him if two things happen. Firstly, RK stays as he seems to love him and secondly, that he continues his form from Saturday.

I'd like him to stay although he has already said he wants to be in the prem next year. Not sure how many teams would take him in. He's been very solid and consistant for us this season so I hope he stays.

I'd like him to stay although he has already said he wants to be in the prem next year. Not sure how many teams would take him in. He's been very solid and consistant for us this season so I hope he stays.

i think the situation has changed a bit thought tbh. Because we didn't really have the money or the real ambition. Unlike now we can improve our squad and maybe Nils would want to be part of a leicester side that has a promotion push. As he has been in a mid table sidle for two years.

I always question these average footballers who sign deals with a view to not renewing it and leaving on a bosman to soak up that lucrative signing-on fee. Nils seems like that type of player. He isnt a world beater but always wants to move on.

A little over exaggerated don't you think?

Started off at Bayern, played a couple of games and them moved to Nuremburg. Blackburn paid £2.7 Million for him, spent almost 5 years with them - Blackburn weren't offering first team football so he opted for us on a bosman.

He probably would stay if we offered a contract now, but I doubt MM will grant that when he's not sure whether Kelly will be here or not for next season.

Correct me if im wrong, but Stearman is out of contract at the end of the season as well is'nt he?

Id like Cadamateri to stay. Again he's got potential, but i dont think he will play regular football int he premiership, he would have to go down, or stay in the championship!

A little over exaggerated don't you think?

Started off at Bayern, played a couple of games and them moved to Nuremburg. Blackburn paid £2.7 Million for him, spent almost 5 years with them - Blackburn weren't offering first team football so he opted for us on a bosman.

He probably would stay if we offered a contract now, but I doubt MM will grant that when he's not sure whether Kelly will be here or not for next season.

Maybe Im being a little harsh but I have a few problems when pro`s like Nissa dont seem to take his proffesion seriously enough. Maybe had he not stuffed his face with pies and developing more chins than a chinese telephone directory Blackburn may have kept him on. He is in ok shape now but again there should be no excuse for a pro footballer to carry so much weight. The other reason why I am not his biggest fan is that its not that he is telling us that he will decided his future in the summer but that he has stated quite early this season that he will leave for the Premier in the summer.

I hope he stays and gets commited to the cause but I want Leicester players to want to be here and give there all and not be passers by or use us for stepping stones.

I'd love to see Nissa stay here for next season. I ripped him at the begining of the season, questioning his abilities, his effort and his committment, but he has certainly proven me wrong and completely changed my opinion of him. Solid defender. Lacks pace, but his reading of the game gets him out of trouble more often than not. I wouldn't blame him for going to a Prem club if they came knocking at his age, but I wouldn't mind at all if he decided to see his career out with us.

We had two keepers who were expiring, but both have since been given new contracts.

Nissa and Tiatto are both out of contract, indeed. Tiatto's future has been resolved, though.

Additionally, Johnson, Cadamarteri and Dodds are all out of contract in the summer.

We do have an option for a second year of Johnson, should the management decide to take it and Johnson decides to accept it. So his future isn't quite so open as Nissa's.

The list of players who expire around June 2008 (end of next season) is a fair bit bigger. Seasoned pros like De Vries, Maybury, Douglas along with the likes of Hughes, Sheehan and Wesolowski, Hume, McCarthy, Kenton and probably Hammond.

Those in bold should go.

Archived