Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lineker's Left Foot

Bring back any memories of Akinbiyi

He is one of those players that flatter to decieve. Infact, if you were one of those managers who have signed players based on a compilation DVD you would have bought him (Alex Ferguson bought Dion Dublin without seeing him in the flesh but went on the video that then manager John Beck sent Fergie of Dublin as he wanted to sell him for the cash). The problem is when reality kicks in and you have to see his all round game and the chances he misses, you wouldnt sign him if you managed Hitchin. (No offence Hitchin).

He fired a blank tonight as did Joey and we won so nananananananananana na! :D

lol never seen that but I bet you could make a full length movie out of his mishaps.

I wouldn't bet against it. He really was that poor for us. The game that he features in a lot on that clip was particularly frustrating though (Liverpool is it?). We got raped that day 3 or 4-0, but if he'd have taken his chances in that game (which, lets face it, weren't hard) we could have ended up winning it!!

I wouldn't bet against it. He really was that poor for us. The game that he features in a lot on that clip was particularly frustrating though (Liverpool is it?). We got raped that day 3 or 4-0, but if he'd have taken his chances in that game (which, lets face it, weren't hard) we could have ended up winning it!!

Thats the thing with him. Some of his runs and pace in getting into positions was quality but the final finish was poor. I almost felt sorry for him looking at those clips until Dennis Wise appeared on the pitch and then the blood started to boil lol.

Thats the thing with him. Some of his runs and pace in getting into positions was quality but the final finish was poor. I almost felt sorry for him looking at those clips until Dennis Wise appeared on the pitch and then the blood started to boil lol.

Oh indeed. There's no questioning that off the ball, Ade is a great striker. Unfortunately that didn't win us games. lol. I felt sorry for him because it wasn't his fault all of that money was spent on him, but he really was a poor striker on the ball. I actually think over their respective times here, Elvis has looked a better player on the ball than what Ade did. And that's saying something. :ph34r::whistle:

Taggart surprised me yesterday when - talking about Akinbiyi - he said "he will always give 110 percent for your team, he's good at mixing up defenses and always a threat".

Make of that what you want to.

yes; and did you hear taggs saying that the best way to mark him was to treat him with loads of respect , as though he was brilliant player ; akky would then try to play to this and confuse himself with over elaboration :P

the alternative of trying to "mix it" with him was to bring out the aggression in him and this was when he could be really dangerous

When you watch that video you just wonder if we spent that 5 mill on any other player who scored the chances that ade got we might not even be i nthis league at the moment, then you come to dwn to earth and we are 13th in the championship, thats actually not bad...lol

Taggs made a great point in the commentary yesterday. He said that when playing against Ade you're best to stand off a bit, give him a bit of confidence and let him think he's better than he is. At this point he starts trying to do things he can't like flicks and turns, completely messes up and gets frustrated! If you try and compete physically against him he can be a real hand full, so basically let him try to play football.

What a legend (Taggs not Ade).

lol at Adi.... no wonder when I play FIFA on Playstation he never scores... because it's a realistic simulation... lol

I don't remember those days, I think I was supporting elsewhere back then... but that is a funny thing to look at now, sure not so for those who had to live through it... he wasn't the best it seems...:P

Archived